7 hours ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

While not completely true, that fourplay mods brick Heather completely, there are a few that dont (for example, Wastelander's Rash and RSE do not brick Heather). The reason you will likely never see a patch though is because Heather was not created in the usual companion way - she is independent of the companion system that the vanilla followers use, which is why you can have Heather AND a vanilla companion at the same time, without using an unlimited followers mod. Not to get sidetracked, but her programming is different and as such, doesnt follow the usual model and it makes it extremely challenging to create a patch for her. Unless Llama offers to help with this, and Im sure that would be a big no, sadly, there isnt likely to be a fourplay patch for Heather's AI.

Feels bad, man.

OH WELL. While I'm sure it's a great fleshed out companion mod there's no way I'm going to give up FourPlay.

6 minutes ago, Torchwood said:

Feels bad, man.

OH WELL. While I'm sure it's a great fleshed out companion mod there's no way I'm going to give up FourPlay.

You can have both worlds mate - just find the fourplay mods that DONT break her AI. :smile:

For the record, now that I think on it, it was never Vanilla Fudge that bricked Heather for me - she worked quite well with the wakeup sex bit - it was the CP (Vins Control Panel) that bricked her, specifically that whole 'Be Your Companion' thing. If you clicked wrong on that before getting that function to disable properly, it bricked her up solid. Cask of Amontillado style. Say it with me, "MONTRESOR!"

I hope to God you've read Edgar Allen Poe or else that last bit will mean zero to you...

11 hours ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

For the record, now that I think on it, it was never Vanilla Fudge that bricked Heather for me - she worked quite well with the wakeup sex bit - it was the CP (Vins Control Panel) that bricked her, specifically that whole 'Be Your Companion' thing. If you clicked wrong on that before getting that function to disable properly, it bricked her up solid. Cask of Amontillado style. Say it with me, "MONTRESOR!"

I hope to God you've read Edgar Allen Poe or else that last bit will mean zero to you...

Of course I have! I love revenge stories!

, and now that you mention it I DO have Vins Control Panel! Which setting exactly did this to you? The "Toggle Companion Select"? This is a pretty big discovery! I think I only changed some of the options around to only use VF for female NPCs and the general sex duration though...

47 minutes ago, Torchwood said:

Of course I have! I love revenge stories!

, and now that you mention it I DO have Vins Control Panel! Which setting exactly did this to you? The "Toggle Companion Select"? This is a pretty big discovery! I think I only changed some of the options around to only use VF for female NPCs and the general sex duration though...

Yep, thats the one. Make sure it is set to the OFF position - you will see an update in the UI when you toggle it. Be sure it IS off by walking up to anybody and see if the companion selection menu comes up - if it does not, then it is disabled. I have a LOT of trouble getting this to toggle OFF properly, as a fair warning. But once it is off, then go and grab Heather. She wont be borked by this feature going forward. And I recommend never turning it back on! It took me SOOO long to figure out why vanilla companions were borked because of this. Even Codsworth when I came out of the vault wouldnt talk to me anymore because of the toggle....

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 10:55 AM, kevtg26 said:

I've had the same problem as well. I had to use the following console commands to force dismiss them as followers:

(open console and click on the person following you around)

setconsolescopequest followers

emptyrefalias companion
setplayerteammate 0

That should stop them following you and put them back in their sandbox. My working theory on how this happens is that the NPC was offering you a reward but you haven't interacted with them (i.e. you are out of the convo initiation range) and you've gone to sleep. Somehow the script that checks for followers on wakeup detects the NPC coming towards you as follower and adds them to the follower faction.

Or at least something to that affect anyway. I didn't realize that Marcy Long and Mama Murphy were offering rewards after getting to Concord. My character had talked to Preston, did the intial settlement set up and then took a nap in a newly created bed. I got the message "You should tale to your companion" when all I had was Dogmeat. Marcy and Mama started following me all over the commonwealth after that.

So this just saved me from a bricked game. Very useful.

• 1 month later...
On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 10:55 AM, kevtg26 said:

I've had the same problem as well. I had to use the following console commands to force dismiss them as followers:

(open console and click on the person following you around)

setconsolescopequest followers

emptyrefalias companion
setplayerteammate 0

That should stop them following you and put them back in their sandbox. My working theory on how this happens is that the NPC was offering you a reward but you haven't interacted with them (i.e. you are out of the convo initiation range) and you've gone to sleep. Somehow the script that checks for followers on wakeup detects the NPC coming towards you as follower and adds them to the follower faction.

Or at least something to that affect anyway. I didn't realize that Marcy Long and Mama Murphy were offering rewards after getting to Concord. My character had talked to Preston, did the intial settlement set up and then took a nap in a newly created bed. I got the message "You should tale to your companion" when all I had was Dogmeat. Marcy and Mama started following me all over the commonwealth after that.

I know this is really old but I just started playing fallout 4 again.

The "working theory" part:

• What if you've never met an NPC before (like at the beginning of a game), you build a house somewhere and sleep in it.
  • What if, say, dogmeat, shows up to stare at you meaningfully when you awaken?
  • What if you cannot say anything to dogmeat except "No",

and then you have to dismiss them as a companion?

This *could* be a new feature of the latest release of fallout 4, Dogmeat suddenly becoming your companion automatically, but I don't think so.

The whole thing about resetting companions is much appreciated.

But OP, is this a new feature of your mod, or did I just install something wrong?

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, Ofdimaelr said:

I have trudy that follow me everywhere for sex as quest reward I offered her nick valentine but she come back everyday is there a way to stop that ?

Look at the quote in the post two above yours, try what it says and see how you get on.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 5:19 AM, vinfamy said:

Do the test NPCs in the 'coc 4test' console command room remove their clothes? 

Stripping is almost certainly a Four-Play framework issue, and because the stripping function in Four-Play was recently changed from no-F4SE to F4SE-dependent, F4SE is the prime suspect. none of my mods are responsible for stripping - they merely set up the 'context' for the sex, everything related to the sex scenes itself are handled by Four-Play

Did you upgrade from one version of Four-Play to another? Upgrading from a non-F4SE version to a F4SE-dependent version might cause problems.

After persuading others, if you forgot to please them(very often because the option appears later), they will move to you quietly, in a very long distance. It will cause a lot of trouble.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

For some reason with the AAF version I never get pased the first "Should i use my sexuality" messgae in a speech check. Even after 3 succesfull checks in a row (like quest payment) nothing happens. No "maybe not" nor any flirting message. Is my vanilla speech skill too high for this?

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...