Top 5 Favorite Characters in Games, Films, or Novels?

KoolHndLuke

Wow. So many great characters come to mind. Very well written characters are fuckin awesome. Sometimes it is not one of the main characters that you wish had been given more attention. Sometimes it is the main character. Maybe the character is just special without any lines of dialogue at all like a dog or a fish or something. What makes a great story in the first place imo are the characters involved. Anyway I'll make a top 5 and see what everyone else thinks.

#1) Darth Vader. Without much doubt here.(might have daddy issues)

#2) Capt. James T. Kirk. (always loved his "acting")

#3) Hannibal Lector. (brilliantly deranged)

#4) Oerba Yun Fang. (hot, dangerous, and still very vulnerable)

#5) Lestat de Lioncourt.(though Tom did not do him justice)

And if you would like to list 10 or 20 feel free. You are allowed to revise your list as you see fit. Look forward to your replies! :cool:

#1) Isaac Clarke, Dead Space. Really liked his character through 2 and 3, Super huge boner for Isaac  :P

#2) Geralt of Rivia, Excellent character writing and development through the series.

#3) Artyom, Metro, Outright one of my favorites for the immersible nature of the novels and the games.

#4) General RAAM, Gears of War, He is such an absolute badass it gives me shivers.

#5) John 117, Halo, I still have so many fond memories of the halo games growing up.

#1) Bender Bending Rodriguez, Futurama (Bite my shiny metal ass.)

#2) Ayane, Ninja Gaiden/ Dead or Alive (Them jiggle physic titties... plus I absolutely wrecked everybody with her back in the day.)

#3) San, Princess Monoke (First anime I watched, she holds a place in my heart.)

#4) Alita, Battle Angel Alita (They're making a movie based off the manga... not a reason, just an interesting bit of news.)

#5) Negan, TWD (Jefferey Dean Morgan playing a charming psycho.)

#6) The Comedian, Watchman (film) ( Maybe there's a pattern there.)

#7) Vella, Vindictus (Bae as fuck, with serious DSL.)

#8) Baby Firefly, House of 1000 Corpses (Psycho bad-ass chick... what else can I say?)

#9) James, Fallout 3 (Who didn't want a dad like him? Plus it's Liam Neeson.)

#10) Magoichi Saika, warriors series (My favorite character in one of my favorite game series.)

My list, my reasons.

Christ, I know so many....

1: Kenny(TWD game)

2: Handsome Jack(Borderlands)

3: Anakin Skywalker(whole series)

4: Garrus Vakarian(Mass Effect)

5: Urdnot Wrex

6: Mordin Solus

7: Grunt

Yeah, this is impossible, there's way too many. It's like being able to sex that girl you've been dreaming about but you only get to pick one single position.

No particular order:

Urdnot Wrex (Mass Effect)

Pennywise the Clown (from the book IT, although Tim Curry's interpretation in the original miniseries kicked ass as well).

Shepherd Book (and every other character from Firefly, but the Shepherd had something dark in his past that is intriguing).

Geralt of Rivia (and pretty much all of the main characters).

(can't think of a fifth one off of the top of my head, although the Firefly and Witcher mentions can count as multiples...)

Well like I said, if you would like to list more than 5- feel free. I only chose that # because I wasn't sure if anyone would want to make a long list. Also if you would just like to discuss a char you like in particular that's fine. Here. I'll continue with mine.

#6) Rick Grimes- a man trying to hold on to his sanity in an insane world.

#7) Joe Dirt- proves that a dumb-ass with a big heart can "win" too.

#8) Paul Atreides- because who doesn't want to become a god.

#9) Isabella from DA2- hot, shameless pirate whore who just oozes sex.( she is Rivaini after all)

#10)Van Helsing- the other badass monster hunter.

And remember. Your list doesn't have to make sense to anybody but you. ;) 

1. Lara Croft (old school Lara): First video game crush/lust and she's an all around fun character  :angel: 

2. Morpheus, The Matrix: My favorite "mentor" archetype character in film next to Alec Guinness' Obi Wan.

3. James Sunderland, Silent Hill 2: Tragic character and deeply relatable.

4. The Master, Fallout: Favorite video game villain.

5. Yossarian, Catch-22: While not my favorite book protagonist, again he's super relatable.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Kavasiki

My favorites would need to be (in no particular order)

1. Elphelt Valentine (Guilty Gear Xrd) due to her cute and witty personality.

2. Platinum (BlazBlue) because there are five personalities in one, and they are hilarious together (and scary).

3. Kazumi Onimaru (Cardfight!! Vanguard) he is just evil to a satisfying level, and he plays Nubatama.

4. Operator (Warframe) this is you, in a space ninja organic armor suit, a ninja.

5. Elizabeth (Persona/Megami Tensei) when someone has so much power they protect earth from the moon, you know they don't care about their opponent.

Archived