a "pinned" topic about tutorials/tips to make mods using loverslab framework please ?

neandertale

With no dead links like the one posted "sexlab - Frequently asked questions FAQ" please. I'm still getting the "Website is offline | 502 Bad gateway" page (or is it a problem with firefox ?). I know there are a lot of people who assimilated easily how to use the framework, but I'm trying to just understand the basis which still requires to go to something like a dozen of sub posts with fragmented answers.

I have no problems finding solutions about installation problems (thanks the community for this btw, I found most if not all answers without even needing to post) but straight exemples are like Graal or something. :(

Did I miss something ? Is there a post about modding tips/tutorials that got past my eyes ? I read most of the posts are about some specific scripting problem concerning mods being created or already existing, but for me it's like barging in the middle of a movie without understanding what's going on. I know there are supposed to be scripts but that's just all. I also read some people recommanding to open a mod to see the scripts as a way to understand but open with what ? CK I suppose ? How to actually "see" these scripts specifically ? I suppose all my questions are just very basic and probably worth some rolleyes but I really would like to understand.

First off, there is no easy button for modding, so asking for a tutorial that makes it so is pretty much a waste of time.

Second, most of the modders are modding.  Writing and maintaining a tutorial like you are asking for is a fuck ton of a time commitment, I know, because I wrote some for Oblivion modding.  So they can either mod, or make tutorials.  Which would you prefer?

Third, if you see a need, then instead of posting to complain about it, how about jumping in and filling the need.  You are going to get more assistance if you are at least trying to fill the need than if you are just citing one.  

We all start modding or assisting at some point, this could be yours.

Cheers,

Greg

Sorry, but as I wrote, I don't have problems with install, just modding, and the link http://git.loverslab.com/sexlab/wikis/home makes me go to (as I wrote it in my thread) :

Error 502

Bad getaway

Which is sad, because maybe then I would be able to try something. I also wrote if there was a problem with maybe the firefox browser or is it just a deadlink ?

First off, there is no easy button for modding, so asking for a tutorial that makes it so is pretty much a waste of time.

Ha sorry, but I don't remember asking a magic button, but an understanding. Also, thanks for those who posted tutorials here in Loverslab about things like using 3dsmax to import/export models, I'm sure they'll appreciate this "waste of time" note.

Second, most of the modders are modding.  Writing and maintaining a tutorial like you are asking for is a fuck ton of a time commitment, I know, because I wrote some for Oblivion modding.  So they can either mod, or make tutorials.  Which would you prefer?

Either, i'm not difficult. Also, if you don't want to write any, I'm not going to force you or anyone. But if you already wrote something in an answer to some post, maybe link it to a pinned post about tutorials/tips ? I suppose I cannot ask you to explain what it's about...

Another thing : I NEVER said that it would be easy. I'm not going to downtalk about any work behind modding. I'm in a complete admiration for what has been done in this forum and nexus. And that's because I'm in awe that I'd like to try something. I'm no scripter, I can modelize 3D because it's basically my formation. I never modded any game. But, surprise surprise, I'd like to.

Third, if you see a need, then instead of posting to complain about it, how about jumping in and filling the need.  You are going to get more assistance if you are at least trying to fill the need than if you are just citing one.

I fill a need with a knowledge I don't have because I'm asking for it. Sorry, I'm not sure about the logic and I'm really confused. Just tell me I'll get no help already, at least from you, it'll be easier. On a side note, are you complaining that I'm complaining ? I find this funny. Also, while I'm complaining, I was making a suggestion. Which was in fact the core of my post, well I thought anyway. Maybe I didn't formulate it correctly ?

Cheers,

Greg

It could be, but if asking for tutorials is already problematic, I don't dare to think about anything else...

Cheers,

Neandertale

There are several aspects about modding the game. 

You can change the objects in the world or you can modify different aspects of the gameplay. I'm assuming you are interested in the latter.

This tutorial is one I find really helpful when learning the basic of scripting. However before you start reading it it is probably best to learn the basics of the Creation Kit. 

There are the official Bethesda tutorials and also there are those very nice video tutorials

After that you can check this guide by CPU that shows how to use some basic SexLab functions. 

And then if you need more details about specific functions of SexLab - open the directory "scripts\Source" in the mod's archive file. The source scripts are very well documented, probably the best place to start is SexLabFramework.psc

There are several aspects about modding the game. 

You can change the objects in the world or you can modify different aspects of the gameplay. I'm assuming you are interested in the latter.

This tutorial is one I find really helpful when learning the basic of scripting. However before you start reading it it is probably best to learn the basics of the Creation Kit. 

There are the official Bethesda tutorials and also there are those very nice video tutorials

After that you can check this guide by CPU that shows how to use some basic SexLab functions. 

And then if you need more details about specific functions of SexLab - open the directory "scripts\Source" in the mod's archive file. The source scripts are very well documented, probably the best place to start is SexLabFramework.psc

Thank you, I'm indeed interested more in adding/changing the gameplay. I'll check the links and this "script/source" file.

Thank you, I'm indeed interested more in adding/changing the gameplay. I'll check the links and this "script/source" file.

Yeah, your post was most certainly misunderstood.

The SexlabFramework.psc file itself contains the best documention of the API.

It is in fact literally very easy to use the framework if you want to accept all it's defaults.

Want some to masturbate? This will do the trick.

Import SexlabFramework

Quickstart(ActorVariable)
Want a pair of actors to have sex?

Import SelabFramework

Quickstart(Actor1,Actor2)
Note if you want one actor to be the "active" or "dominant" partner place them as Actor1.

There are many other less simple ways to start sex using the framework where you can be as specific as you want about the types of animations selected, where the act takes place, how much stuff each actor removes before having sex... and all of it is documented in the SexlabFRamework.pcs file.

I fill a need with a knowledge I don't have because I'm asking for it. Sorry, I'm not sure about the logic and I'm really confused. Just tell me I'll get no help already, at least from you, it'll be easier. On a side note, are you complaining that I'm complaining ? I find this funny. Also, while I'm complaining, I was making a suggestion. Which was in fact the core of my post, well I thought anyway. Maybe I didn't formulate it correctly ?

Cheers,

Greg

It could be, but if asking for tutorials is already problematic, I don't dare to think about anything else...

Cheers,

Neandertale

I not going to belabor the point beyond this post, but my intention was not to insult or belittle you, but rather to point out that if you see a need, rather than complain about it, jump in and try to fill the need.  You'll get more help that way and everyone benefits.  You don't need to be an expert on modding to help in this particular area.  Document your own efforts and then post it.  Folks do tend to help those who are at least trying.

Cheers.

Yeah, your post was most certainly misunderstood.

The SexlabFramework.psc file itself contains the best documention of the API.

It is in fact literally very easy to use the framework if you want to accept all it's defaults.

Want some to masturbate? This will do the trick.

Import SexlabFramework

Quickstart(ActorVariable)
Want a pair of actors to have sex?

Import SelabFramework

Quickstart(Actor1,Actor2)
Note if you want one actor to be the "active" or "dominant" partner place them as Actor1.

There are many other less simple ways to start sex using the framework where you can be as specific as you want about the types of animations selected, where the act takes place, how much stuff each actor removes before having sex... and all of it is documented in the SexlabFRamework.pcs file.

Thanks, I'll keep it for later, when I'll finish reading the basis of Papyrus guides. I'm beginning with "my first script" (yeah, well... That's the thing when you've been allergic to scripts) and began to also take a look at the guide by CPU, as I can understand better the logic, first the general scripts, then the scripts for Sexlab framework and the "start sex with a trigger" part.

Archived