Skyrim Special Edition 1.1.51 Update (Currently Beta)

JRCosta

Anyone is trying the new SE beta Update on Steam?

The 1.1.51 Update is available on Steam Beta. Please provide feedback in our Bethesda.net Steam Beta forums: https://beta-community.bethesda.net/category/135/steam-beta 

Skyrim Special Edition 1.1.51 Update 

Fixes 

• General performance and optimization improvements 
  • Fixed rare issue with NPCs not appearing in proper locations 
  • Fixed issue with saves erroneously being marked as Modded, even though no mods are active
  • Updated some sound files to not use compression

How to access the Steam Beta 

• Right Click on The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition in your Library. 
  • Select Settings. 
  • Select Betas. 
  • A drop down menu will appear. Select Beta. 
  • Select OK. 
  • Wait a few minutes and Skyrim Special Edition should update. 
  • When done, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition should appear as The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition [beta] in your Library.

They say something like this with every update to every game. I've become jaded.

well if it makes you feel better a tangible performance update will eventually be released according to one of the people working on SKSE, not in this update, though - classic bes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/5aydkf/skyrim_special_edition_1151_steam_beta_now/d9l0hb0/?context=3

Oh, wow! So even their "Sbecial Edition" needs to be patched... Wasn't this supposed to be a "remaster"? In addition to the bugs in the original game, you now have new ones. "Mods will fix it"... Bethesda probably adopted this as their motto at some point in the past... :D

I think you can still grind your bow skill to 50 with faendal and ysolda still dont want to live in my house, gg bethesda.. maybe you patch more parallax to the little Stones on the Road next update

They say something like this with every update to every game. I've become jaded.

well if it makes you feel better a tangible performance update will eventually be released according to one of the people working on SKSE, not in this update, though - classic bes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/5aydkf/skyrim_special_edition_1151_steam_beta_now/d9l0hb0/?context=3

I just remembered that you/this was posted, And in that link, this is said.

The original build of Fallout 4 and one major release of Skyrim had the same problem. This debugging remnant causes some performance degradation, so there should be another performance boost when they fix it (which they said they would.)

Does that mean that Fallout 4's debugging remnant performance degrading thing is finally taken care of? I don't know why, But My PC should DEFINITELY be able to run Fallout 4 OR Skyrim despite how EVER so LOW this thing is, But Fallout 4 was SO slow for me, That booting it up took forever, and when it FINALLY took me to the main menu, I could go in-game, Skip the cutscenes, Be a lagging shit as/while/after/once the fog cleared up, It would lag SO MUCH despite task manager and setting it to high priority, ALL sorts of tricks, And eventually it also even FROZE there. Skyrim SSE Has possibly the same/similar problem, It's so stuttery/laggy and what not. Until it's fixed in Skyrim, Is Fallout 4's fixed now?

Does that mean that Fallout 4's debugging remnant performance degrading thing is finally taken care of? I don't know why, But My PC should DEFINITELY be able to run Fallout 4 OR Skyrim despite how EVER so LOW this thing is, But Fallout 4 was SO slow for me, That booting it up took forever, and when it FINALLY took me to the main menu, I could go in-game, Skip the cutscenes, Be a lagging shit as/while/after/once the fog cleared up, It would lag SO MUCH despite task manager and setting it to high priority, ALL sorts of tricks, And eventually it also even FROZE there. Skyrim SSE Has possibly the same/similar problem, It's so stuttery/laggy and what not. Until it's fixed in Skyrim, Is Fallout 4's fixed now?

Good question. I don't know. I don't know the statistics on Bethesda patches (specifically, how long between game release and final patch), and even then that's not really a good indicator as to whether the latest Fo4 patch is the last one.

And anyway, if you're lagging so hard it's unplayable, I'd say that it's probably unlikely any new patches will fix it right up. :(

Of course, that obviously applies to SSE too.

This update is now out for public release. After install it, I'm having a persistent CTD leaving Reachwater Rock that wasn't happen before - I'm working on a mod near the location and until yesterday I didn't have any issue; I've uninstalled the two mods I've updated today (Wet & Cold and Immersive Citizens) and the mod I'm working on but the CTD persists...

• 3 months later...

what this update fix or what this update add more bugs and ctd ??? i have more ctd with 1.4 and 1.5 ?

After the 2nd patch (the one that fixed the change load order CTD), I've played over 200 hours without a single CTD - using 1.4 patch atm with mods and ENB.

Archived