The funniest thing about this original post is that two of the characters were fully voiced companions, one of whom took two years to complete due to her ability to interact with characters and areas from all of the base game and all three DLCs, being dismissed as 'slooty' followers due to being attractive female followers (in Ambiel's case, that is mostly due to the overhaul mod being offered by a separate modder) and they took an opportunity to complain about a phenomenon that isn't as common as the big 'Normal' label would lead one to believe as Kingsguards' post ought to clue one in on.

I will admit, I'm one of the people a little annoyed that followers seem to be the only content that garners any sort of attention anymore. Are pickings really that slim? Fully voiced followers (custom voice acting I mean) with quests and stuff like that (like Inigo or Arissa) I can completely understand getting front page. But others that are just your run of the mill pretty face get a bit boring after a while (at least for me). But I'm a female gamer and I like to find something different (like well done male followers which seem to be extremely rare in my experience). Or you know, any other kinds of mods that add more content or add new gameplay elements that sort of stuff. I only ever use a total of two followers at any given time because if I have an army with me things start feeling very cramped. So Followers aren't exactly something I look for in the first place, most of the time.

But, Skyrim modding has quieted, so I guess it isn't that surprising.

Honestly, I have to many followers, so unless they bring something new to the game that I want, I ain't touching it.

Edit: There was a time that I was learning how to make a custom voiced follower, but since I'd have to get a good mic, and even after that, since I'm male the interest would be minimal... I gave up on that idea.

Judging from the endorsements on the Skyrim Romance mod, Inigo,Brhuce Hammar, The return of Thorald Greymane, Geralt of Rivia and Conan Hyborian Age I'd say that the interest would most definitely not be minimal for male fully voiced followers,especially those with their own personal quests.

Generally,if it is high quality(and if the mod has an entertaining description. The importance of this cannot be stressed enough!), people will respond well to it regardless of what gender the polygons are shaped to resemble. 

Oh,yeah. I forgot DovahBear and Dovahbit. Nexus users have responded positively to non-standard follower types whose likes can't be found in the base game in the past. It very well may still be the case. DovahPig might be the next big thing.

I will admit, I'm one of the people a little annoyed that followers seem to be the only content that garners any sort of attention anymore. Are pickings really that slim? Fully voiced followers (custom voice acting I mean) with quests and stuff like that (like Inigo or Arissa) I can completely understand getting front page. But others that are just your run of the mill pretty face get a bit boring after a while (at least for me). But I'm a female gamer and I like to find something different (like well done male followers which seem to be extremely rare in my experience). Or you know, any other kinds of mods that add more content or add new gameplay elements that sort of stuff. I only ever use a total of two followers at any given time because if I have an army with me things start feeling very cramped. So Followers aren't exactly something I look for in the first place, most of the time.

But, Skyrim modding has quieted, so I guess it isn't that surprising.

Check out the front page of the Skyrim Nexus now. There is one preset there but no followers. 

Check out the front page of the Skyrim Nexus now. There is one preset there but no followers. 

Yeah I know. I'd been following it quite closely last week since my own mod was in Hot Files (until I hid it for permissions reasons). Prior to mine hitting Hot Files it was something like three followers up there, with a few gameplay altering mods (like that "realistic movement" mod). You can't deny there seems to be at least one or two followers (or presets) up there at any given time during any week lol. At least any time I've ever ventured to Nexus' front page to see what's new that has always been the case recently.

Judging from the endorsements on the Skyrim Romance mod, Inigo,Brhuce Hammar, The return of Thorald Greymane, Geralt of Rivia and Conan Hyborian Age I'd say that the interest would most definitely not be minimal for male fully voiced followers,especially those with their own personal quests.

Generally,if it is high quality(and if the mod has an entertaining description. The importance of this cannot be stressed enough!), people will respond well to it regardless of what gender the polygons are shaped to resemble. 

Oh,yeah. I forgot DovahBear and Dovahbit. Nexus users have responded positively to non-standard follower types whose likes can't be found in the base game in the past. It very well may still be the case. DovahPig might be the next big thing.

... Fair enough, I shouldn't use the common perception of the modding community as an excuse for my dis-interest. My belief that there'd be little interest was just one reason of many, but it's unfair to use that as a focal point in my comment.

Don't the hotfile frontpage slots get filled regardless of what is available as long as there is something available? If so I don't understand why people even mention that. What gets downloaded the most in a certain timeframe gets a spot on the frontpage and if mod releases and download numbers are lower than usual you'll see much more stuff there that would normally fly well under the radar for most people.

Might be a simple case of tumblritis, though.

I think the problem is not that people are making followers, the problem is the lack of imagination.  More people should make unique followers like these...

Mushrooms

Winston the Penguin

Sassy Teen Automaton

Snail Tourist

Chaurus Scorpion

SiltStrider

Star Wars Dwaids

Kikai Hakusyaku

Mekazawa

SakuSakuMS

MetaKnight

D-Type

Transform Hero

SpiderMan

This has nothing to do with how slutty or not the followers are. However, some people in and around the modding community have a certain bias against run-of-the-mill followers who bring nothing more (in most cases even less) to the table than vanilla followers. Compared to many other mods there's almost no effort required to create a follower and that's why some don't like them. Low effort, high yield in terms of popularity on the nexus at least.

Also, many of the follower faces I've seen so far don't really appear all that good to me, doesn't help that everyone and their dog uses the same two texture sets 99% of the time.

Yeah that's the problem as I see it - follower mods that are just not very good at all tend to percolate to the top during lean periods, and they don't budge until Renthal starts drip feeding every texture mod he ever made and had previously and inexplicably removed, but is now re-releasing in a very slightly different way. If I were a cynic.....

On the bright side I quite enjoy watching an army of hoity toity redditors  getting uber salty about it :)

Archived