[Stellaris] Drow of Stellaris >;-)

and here Ive been plonking them in the mod folder in the game directory O.o

Oh that works too? Well, guess there's two ways now! laugh.pnglaugh.png

Hi

In CKII, it's NOT recommended to put mods in the installation directory, 'cause it can lead to weird loading issues and save fuckups.

And since Stellaris also runs on the Clausewitz engine... better to be safe then sorry and put the stuff into the documents folder instead of the installations folder.

Best regards

Kalderon

Awesome. As always. There is nothing more to say  :blush:

well theres always.... isitreadyyet??isitreadyyet??isitreadyyet??isitreadyyet??isitreadyyet??howboutnow??isitreadyyet??isitreadyyet??

heheh sorry

Oh, I guess I know how much time that kind of work takes. Motivation, too, if you work for free. So that's an... unnecessary question for me to ask :)

Besides, the answer is very obvious: It will be ready as soon as Nessa shows us all the vanilla-class ship meshes. The progress is pretty trackable. Then I'll have to wait for NSC stuff :[

• 2 weeks later...

Nessa, as always grateful for your work--I wanted to report a bug (I think from Paradox's end, not yours) that does affect your games: it seems the most recent "Adams" patch has changed the names for rooms or something, because the xenophile, spiritualist, and xenophobe rooms (that you use in your mods) no longer show up. :( They're missing and blank.

At least, it seems to be thanks to Adams. You may already be aware of this, but I just noticed the bug today--though so far, it's only in the empire selection menu, and not in game. 

They actually got rid of the pink curtain room too. (It's back in with the current elves version on steam.)

And a little announcement....

Drow are going to be merged into the Elves. (I know, know....) It's just too much to handle both mods anymore as they are both getting more and more complex.

Likely this will occur within a week or so. And yes, there will still always be a version to download around here via a mirror. blush.gif

They actually got rid of the pink curtain room too. (It's back in with the current elves version on steam.)

And a little announcement....

Drow are going to be merged into the Elves. (I know, know....) It's just too much to handle both mods anymore as they are both getting more and more complex.

Likely this will occur within a week or so. And yes, there will still always be a version to download around here via a mirror. blush.gif

Hey, I always operated on the notion of dark elves just being "elves with more skin pigment" and not some unique species. Boo racism and stratification based on phenotypes!

(Okay, I don't know anything about elves or high fantasy in general.)

I'm fine with the decision, so long as it doesn't mean we lose the variety of art assets. You gotta do what you gotta do. 

Erm... actually I was going to keep Drow as a separate race. laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png (And of course no asset loss. Everything has already been moved over. Thanks to Porev in fact!!)

Really I have to anyway due to the way Stellaris sets things up. I can't have a Drow city and ship style without doing it that way. Plus... we have 2 Drow ship colors (I'm keeping the red and purple options) AND... I have two Drow city styles.

I am thinking of adding a "moon elf"/semi savage-ish subspecies to the elves however. I'll use that particular type for some of the primitive savages also.

• 3 months later...

The portraits at least will be in the next elf update which is... soon-ish. (Just waiting to wrap up the new Drow homeworld. laugh.png)

Drow ships won't be released but everything else will be at least. wink.png (Meaning the Drow ships aren't done yet. They'll get done though!)

• 1 month later...

Oh goodness, that's OOOLD. The last public version of the Drow was for Stellaris 1.5. We're at 1.8 now. laugh.png

Also the old version is still available at moddb as well. Perhaps the upload is for a group of friends still playing 1.5 or something. The amount of changes since version 2.97 are quite large. Provided PDX fixes the all-species-mods-are-borked problem in 1.8, the updated Drow should be released with the next elf update next week. wink.png

• 8 months later...