So I've only recently gotten into modding FNV after a lengthy experience with Skyrim and as far as I can tell there isn't really a bodyslide/outfit studio type program to copy weights between armors and bodies.

I've been using the Daughters of Ares mod (currently hidden on nexus) for my PC which doesn't have BnB bouncing for the main body, but that's ok with me (why would an android have bouncing assets? lol). I tried installing the Shades XI Warrior Armor and patch for DoA, but I keep getting clipping due to the fact that the armor is weighted and the body is not.

I tried removing the animations and skeleton included in BnB since the armor's mod author says that it can work without them, but I still keep getting the clipping issues.

Is there a way to either copy the BnB weighting to the femaledroidbody.nif file in DoA, or better yet is there a way to remove the weighting from the armor altogether? I'm fairly familiar with how Outfit Studio works, but it doesn't seem to recognize the bones in the base BnB body as a reference (or bouncing T6M body found in this thread, since it's closest to the DoA body). I do have NifSkope and Blender, but I'm not very familiar with them yet.

as far as I can tell there isn't really a bodyslide/outfit studio type program to copy weights between armors and bodies.

Blender usually is the way to go. You can also take a look at Gerra's tools on the tutorial section.

---

The clipping doesn't come from BnB, if you already removed the animations, it probably comes from the mesh itself.

I doubt you can use Outfit Studio for NV, it's a different game compared to Skyrim and so are weighted meshes / skeleton / nif structure

You can use outfit studio only if you are porting fallout 3 or NV armors to skyrim. I use it a lot for porting fallout armors to skyrim it doesn't work with fallout4 stuff though. I run them through the pose converter then I get them in and click past the errors do the modifying delete out the old body and meatcaps thenexport with reference then take that and run it though mesh rigger to remove fallout nodes and replace them with skyrim nodes then clothing converter if needed then redo the textures as those get removed in mesh rigger.

To add or remove BnB all you need is a body template that has or doesn't have the node that you want or what you want to remove. Use that as a template body you must change the texture path on the ares body to a fallout body texture and turn off the UV search option since the ares body and the template body will not have matching UV maps. You have to change the texture path because mesh rigger scans UV maps without you changing the textures to fallout NV body texture it will stop with a incorrect gender error.

You might be able use outfit studio but not sure what you would have to do afterwards. Textures get broken you would also have to rerun it through mesh rigger as it would end up with both skyrim and fallout nodes in the nif. It also changes the nif version from fallout to skyrim so you would have to figure out a way to change it back.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/24797-mesh-rigger-skyrim-fallout-oblivion-beta89f-10-26-2014/page-1

You can use outfit studio only if you are porting fallout 3 or NV armors to skyrim. I use it a lot for porting fallout armors to skyrim it doesn't work with fallout4 stuff though. I run them through the pose converter then I get them in and click past the errors do the modifying delete out the old body and meatcaps thenexport with reference then take that and run it though mesh rigger to remove fallout nodes and replace them with skyrim nodes then clothing converter if needed then redo the textures as those get removed in mesh rigger.

To add or remove BnB all you need is a body template that has or doesn't have the node that you want or what you want to remove. Use that as a template body you must change the texture path on the ares body to a fallout body texture and turn off the UV search option since the ares body and the template body will not have matching UV maps. You have to change the texture path because mesh rigger scans UV maps without you changing the textures to fallout NV body texture it will stop with a incorrect gender error.

You might be able use outfit studio but not sure what you would have to do afterwards. Textures get broken you would also have to rerun it through mesh rigger as it would end up with both skyrim and fallout nodes in the nif. It also changes the nif version from fallout to skyrim so you would have to figure out a way to change it back.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/24797-mesh-rigger-skyrim-fallout-oblivion-beta89f-10-26-2014/page-1

Thanks for the reply! I'll be sure to try out the mesh rigger as soon as I have time to go through the tutorials sometime tomorrow.

Before I do is it at all possible to copy TBBP or HDT weights to meshes in NV or would there be too much conflict between the skeletons? Not a dealbreaker but it would be nice if I could add some more "complete" weighting ;)

You can but it's just going to crash your game when you try to wear the outfit/armor or use the body as the fallout doesn't have a compatible skeleton and I'm not sure if there would also be a game engine issue as well.

I have added TBBP to player models before which worked great though they walked funny afterwards the boobs belly and ass bounced and they also worked with pregnancy. For them you also had to change all textures for the player model to your body texture as well as use a full mesh set as a template. Full mesh set is head hand feet and body nifs.

You can add nodes to almost anything except traffic cones I tried that one earlier to try to add a head node to one but it caused mesh rigger to crash. Not sure on anything else as I only tried the traffic cone.

It's just like skyrim if you try to wear something and don't have a compatible skeletons as soon as you try to wear it it'll be hello desktop nice meeting you here it sure has been awhile since we last met. You might also get a CTD just by touching the item in your inventory. Either that or you will get the stretching to infinity problem caused by improper skeleton.

if there would also be a game engine issue as well

this

I have added TBBP to player models before which worked great

You could then decide to share with us both the modified skeleton, the rigged upperbody, but mainly the animations, which allow TBBP to work and bounce as it is intended

except traffic cones I tried that one earlier to try to add a head node to one but it caused mesh rigger to crash

it takes you very little to do that on blender, if you're interested in a traffic cone hat there are many tutorials on how to rig

Either that or you will get the stretching to infinity problem caused by improper skeleton.

only the stretch, the ctd should come from animations

So I've only recently gotten into modding FNV after a lengthy experience with Skyrim and as far as I can tell there isn't really a bodyslide/outfit studio type program to copy weights between armors and bodies.

I've been using the Daughters of Ares mod (currently hidden on nexus) for my PC which doesn't have BnB bouncing for the main body, but that's ok with me (why would an android have bouncing assets? lol). I tried installing the Shades XI Warrior Armor and patch for DoA, but I keep getting clipping due to the fact that the armor is weighted and the body is not.

I tried removing the animations and skeleton included in BnB since the armor's mod author says that it can work without them, but I still keep getting the clipping issues.

Is there a way to either copy the BnB weighting to the femaledroidbody.nif file in DoA, or better yet is there a way to remove the weighting from the armor altogether? I'm fairly familiar with how Outfit Studio works, but it doesn't seem to recognize the bones in the base BnB body as a reference (or bouncing T6M body found in this thread, since it's closest to the DoA body). I do have NifSkope and Blender, but I'm not very familiar with them yet.

The "author" doesn't say skeleton is not needed, just the animations if you don't want bounce.

The player models that I added TBBP (skyrim tender bouncing boob physics) to were for skyrim and there was no skeleton as I never use a skeleton when using Gerra6's mesh rigger as most skeletons at least for skyrim have too many nodes in them and it makes hitting ok impossible to do as the node screen gets too big and pushes all of the buttons outside of the screen. The player models that I added it to were not mine they were ported to skyrim by someone else  I added TBBP to Lois from family guy and some other ones using mesh rigger.

I was only trying to added a head node to the traffic cone as it came with the fallout 3 traffic outfit modbut I changed it out for something else.

I tried to run mesh rigger, but my computer seems to have issues running the .bat files and I'd rather not deal with python.

Is there any way the same effect (either removal of BnB on the armor or adding it to the body) can be achieved with blender or nifskope?

If you don't want to mess with python then how do you plan on getting blender to work? Because blender uses the same python stuff that mesh rigger does and I don't think you can do anything in nifskope as I think that can cause the mesh to cause you to crash if you use it or wear it.

I tried to run mesh rigger, but my computer seems to have issues running the .bat files and I'd rather not deal with python.

Is there any way the same effect (either removal of BnB on the armor or adding it to the body) can be achieved with blender or nifskope?

You can use the portable version which shouldn't require to install extra requirements like a separated python, however you probably have to manually put nifscripts inside the right folders

Archived