Screenshot Discussion Thread

GrimReaper

I just wanted to determine whether i'm crazy or not , Is this how eyes are supposed to look with ENB? , or is there a shadow in front of my character(s)'s eyes ?.....because i think there is.

So please tell me if you think my character's eyes are fine or if they are darker/duller than they should be and if there is some sort of shadow in the middle of the eye.

If it's the case , then maybe i'll re-post about it in the support section , 

I'd like to know if this is the way it is for everyone or if i should start looking for a fix.

When i revisit my older pictures , clearly the eyes would "pop up" a lot more with ENB on maybe i messed something up while modding.

FYI I've had this issue in a much more severe form but the amazing community here helped me alleviate it .

Maybe it's no longer there and i'm just crazy.

I'll include some randoms with and without ENB as well as older pics for you to compare.

Please don't hesitate to share your opinion , it's kinda important to me :blush:

And a warning for people with slow internet , there is a hefty amount of pics.

Ps: Please excuse the hot mess , i haven't found the time to "polish" these characters yet.

It has to do with the ambient occlusion settings in the ENB. AO is largely responsible for environmental effects that accentuate the picture; soft shadows on surface areas and so forth. In this case, the shadowing cast over the eyes from the upper eyelids. Some ENBs are worse than others about it.

If it bothers you enough to ask about it, you could just try another ENB, or if you know how, you can adjust the AO settings.

It has to do with the ambient occlusion settings in the ENB. AO is largely responsible for environmental effects that accentuate the picture; soft shadows on surface areas and so forth. In this case, the shadowing cast over the eyes from the upper eyelids. Some ENBs are worse than others about it.

If it bothers you enough to ask about it, you could just try another ENB, or if you know how, you can adjust the AO settings.

OH MY FUCKING GOD!!! 

It really IS Ambient Occlusion!!!

I tried disabling it completely in game and the difference is just remarkable .

AO on:

UOXGpjv.pngROyVeym.png

AO off:

53S61oF.pngAxODwgD.png

The soft shadows are nice and everything but darker/clouded eyes are a big no-no for me , i think i'll play without AO for now , maybe i'll try fiddling with it to try and find an acceptable value , later.

Thank you sooo much , you just made my day and solved an issue that's been bugging me for a couple months.

Anyone of you up for some brutal criticism? :V

PifXxBu.jpg

qGDeCCQ.jpg

bpsDf2k.jpg

QY3FTJX.jpg

yiDtP3w.jpg

4ORIDlE.jpg

guNtJzM.jpg

xMatwSZ.jpg

xWdj0by.jpg

SjavDgK.jpg

l74seRf.jpg

WZkQFg3.jpg

I don't think anybody can be justifiably brutal about these shots, other than nitpicking over textures or something. A good eye for scene composition tends to be top trumps. And judging by these shots you already have that. In other words, I like your work, submit more in that other thread and less in this one (sorry guys - he/she doesn't need your input frankly).

Some older images I have and some that were just recently posted :)

Makela, my Breton (The main)

YQWyYsR.jpg

nyhXyHg.jpg

Erika 1.5 and 2.0 :P (The "old" main). Gotta space the eyes a bit and widen the tip of the nose I think... closer to the original

XZdouWB.jpg

A4SnpZR.jpg

aDe77PM.jpg

Llaros, my Dunmer. could never settle down tweaking this toon.

Q7oK7nb.jpg

ehe5ITW.jpg

ZIVtxPX.jpg

Sorry for the mass of images, any feedback is welcome :)

Some older images I have and some that were just recently posted :)

Makela, my Breton (The main)

YQWyYsR.jpg

nyhXyHg.jpg

Erika 1.5 and 2.0 :P (The "old" main). Gotta space the eyes a bit and widen the tip of the nose I think... closer to the original

XZdouWB.jpg

A4SnpZR.jpg

aDe77PM.jpg

Llaros, my Dunmer. could never settle down tweaking this toon.

Q7oK7nb.jpg

ehe5ITW.jpg

ZIVtxPX.jpg

Sorry for the mass of images, any feedback is welcome :)

First of all , great characters , very realistic and lifelike ,  I've noticed some resemblance in the two main characters , and i'm thinking maybe you could set them apart from each other a little bit more , Makela could have slightly bigger eyes , bring them a bit down towards the center of the face and set them apart from each other , you could give her a slightly slimmer nose as well(just the tip).

As for Erika , i can see she got the scars and has a more rugged look , maybe you could emphasize that some more by giving her smaller eyes and a wider jaw  , thinner lips  and better more "unique" facial tattoos.

Llaros is just perfect , maybe change the hair (I have vanilla hair phobia)

Also try and see if you can get a better enb with more depth of field , i find it makes pics way better .

I'm definitely no expert but there's what i think , take it with a pinch of salt ;)

First of all , great characters , very realistic and lifelike ,  I've noticed some resemblance in the two main characters , and i'm thinking maybe you could set them apart from each other a little bit more , Makela could have slightly bigger eyes , bring them a bit down towards the center of the face and set them apart from each other , you could give her a slightly slimmer nose as well(just the tip).

As for Erika , i can see she got the scars and has a more rugged look , maybe you could emphasize that some more by giving her smaller eyes and a wider jaw  , thinner lips  and better more "unique" facial tattoos.

Llaros is just perfect , maybe change the hair (I have vanilla hair phobia)

Also try and see if you can get a better enb with more depth of field , i find it makes pics way better .

I'm definitely no expert but there's what i think , take it with a pinch of salt ;)

Thanks for the feedback. Gonna consider some of this on the final pass of Erika I think :)

Llaros started off as a challenge character I guess you could say. See how far I could take vanilla sliders as a response to people complaining that elves are hideous in Skyrim (I think not...). After that it was some small tweaks with race menu for the nose, lips and eye angle. I could just never find a hair style I thought went well with her face/head better than that one for some reason. lol

As a side note I think many posters are too hard on themselves in this thread, at least what im seeing in the last few pages...

I try to aim for things that look pretty and cozy rather than "zomg super realism !!!!1!111oneone" when I work on my ENB. Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only one out there who has written it all from scratch, as it seems everyone bases their work on some other ENB who also copied code from another ENB and so on. I even wrote my own SSAO because the one ENB comes with is just... ass.

eZVPvSL.pngTlNj81g.jpgSJOzIjl.jpg

egxmUT9.jpgZg9koCB.jpg0dGp9lk.png

It's a shame my GPU is dead, otherwise I could provide some not-so-old screenshots. Not like it was any better before, though. It was practically impossible for me to play the game normally since it kept crashing all the time.

OH MY FUCKING GOD!!! 

It really IS Ambient Occlusion!!!

I tried disabling it completely in game and the difference is just remarkable .

AO on:

UOXGpjv.pngROyVeym.png

AO off:

53S61oF.pngAxODwgD.png

The soft shadows are nice and everything but darker/clouded eyes are a big no-no for me , i think i'll play without AO for now , maybe i'll try fiddling with it to try and find an acceptable value , later.

Thank you sooo much , you just made my day and solved an issue that's been bugging me for a couple months.

Facelight helps solving such issues on characters caused by environment without needing to disable SSAO, it works well with most ENBs (lens must be disabled).

• 4 months later...
Guest Verethragna

You know why? Because people's opinions on criticism over other people's character is all subjective and it's pointless to take advice because when one builds a character it's supposed to be off their own imagination. Real or fantasy looking. This is why I keep my opinion on people's characters to myself because it's been proven over and over a debate of criticism and where it usually ends up. People can't contain themselves and usually take things far too personal. Thus, it's better to just not even enter such debate.

The internet is the worst place to discuss criticism.

The only real advice to give is, if you are not content with your characters appearance, always make room for improvement for yourself. Not others. And if you build a character and frequently ask for opinion and take those suggestions into account, the character you once created doesn't really feel like it's yours anymore because you have implemented other people's suggestions. One should always be a critic of their own work because this is how you force yourself to improve. In all aspects of life.

There's nothing wrong with asking for suggestions, but take them as a grain of salt. I make characters for my own pleasure, not others. If other people like my work, there's nothing more to it but a simple thank you.

Ye some will call your char ugly piece of alien cat hybrid or some will love her tenderly.

Literally you can't appeal to everyone, especially when it comes to the character looks. For me my char appeals to my tastes and I change her look and update from time to time to stay up-to-date and quality standards.

Imo the worst thing is staying silent, sometimes its weird because you can't hear the real criticism and you think you are doing good. But in reality its shit, but people are so kind and like/praise everything you post. You are living in the fake world where everyone is praising your work and instead of improving yourself you are getting stale and stagnant because you think "people liked it so it looks good, no need to change anything"

I don't if its because you want to be a kind person or you are afraid of the author rage or followers backslash.

• 7 months later...

If there's anything else people can think of to do with her let me know. 

Going to have to redo her profile so starting a new game with her saved Citrus facegen model.

c7L1Vqf.jpg

yNbySlS.jpg

Hopefully somebody comes across my inquiry, seeing as this post was from a year ago I know it's a long shot! I love your character! I've literally been searching the net for the past two hours looking to see if she was available as a save game or character preset before I decided to just post a reply on the thread. 

I'd really love to have this character as a follower or to use as my personal character for a playthrough! I know I shouldn't get my hopes up but a guy can dram right?

• 3 months later...

Archived