Problem with SexLab Defeat

Don't listen to that guy /\

Take MO, do the first-start-tutorial, read a few tips (eg the MO guide) and anything will work fine. And after you understood how to use MO (will take 2 hours max) you NEVER ever have to reinstall Skyrim again!

And Defeat is MO compatible, btw.

I'd only suggest MO if you're filled with the self-loathing of a 15 year old goth girl though.

:lol: But yes, if you're going to learn a mod manager, you may as well go straight for the best. By which i mean Wrye Bash.

Am I the only one who manually installs EVERTHING? I've used NMM for like 2 lighting mods, and no other mod manager. It's mainly because whenever i hear a good thing about one, someone else shows up and says, "nah, it's bugged, use this one"

Don't listen to that guy /\

Take MO, do the first-start-tutorial, read a few tips (eg the MO guide) and anything will work fine. And after you understood how to use MO (will take 2 hours max) you NEVER ever have to reinstall Skyrim again!

And Defeat is MO compatible, btw.

And it breaks skyproc and everything else that builds dynamic esps unless you want to re-run your patchers every time you switch profiles, and figure out what order BSAs have to be loaded in except for all the ones you end up having to extract into your overrides directory while making sure you don't extract anything into overrides thtat you want loaded from a BSA, and getting it to play nice with ENB and to 98 dozen other problems that MO causes. Really, it causes just as many problems as it tries to solve. But sure, it's great for those few MO compatible mods as long as that's what you stick to. So yeah, MO, a solution in search of a problem, if I'm being generous. If I'm being less generous, it's a poorly planned and implemented cluster fuck that's not worth the hassle.

Since I switched to MO I have never had installation type problems, never had to worry about messing up installations, it by far the best Modding tool I ever used.

It was well worth learning it features, & to be honest it was not as daunting to learn has I expected , well worth learning & I recommend it to anyone who is running a modded game.

And it breaks skyproc and everything else that builds dynamic esps unless you want to re-run your patchers every time you switch profiles,

And it can't run 64bit Java for the pacthers. What is this? The 90's? :P

And i'm not a big fan of virtualization, i want to have the files really there so i can delete, replace and move them at will. I'm both a professional and a hobbyist nerd, i know exactly what i'm doing :D

And it breaks skyproc and everything else that builds dynamic esps unless you want to re-run your patchers every time you switch profiles,

And i'm not a big fan of virtualization, i want to have the files really there so i can delete, replace and move them at will. I'm both a professional and a hobbyist nerd, i know exactly what i'm doing :D

Plug Windows Explorer into MO as executable. When you open a second instance of it like this, you can see the \data folder as it would show up to the game ;)

Plug Windows Explorer into MO as executable. When you open a second instance of it like this, you can see the \data folder as it would show up to the game ;)

Meh, good old desktop shortcut does same :P

I've tried MO on couple of occasions, but i just don't see any benefits over WB. Except that quick mod profile switching function, but i do tend to play just one character at a time, so it's no great loss either. And having everything installed as Bash Installers just makes managing install order so damn easy ^_^

Oh right, MO being able to run NMM installers is another benefit it has over WB. Still, Bash Installers are easy enough to make yourself, if a lot work in case of more complex installs. Though many NMM installers work as BAINs as they are, and even more of them with just very minor folder renaming.

Archived