CBBE Topless Armour - Replacer and Addon

As requested here.

I have made some progress on a topless armour replacer / addon.

Currently added are:

Elven Light

Glass

Iron

Forsworn (of course :D)

Mage Apprentice

The addon version adds crafting recipes for each item, the same cost as the standard version and the same stats.

The replacer will replace all the armours with the topless versions, so NPCs will wear the new armour.

Only download 1 of these.

Pics

post-922-13597873528102_thumb.jpg

Comparison of Weights

post-922-13597873528906_thumb.jpg

post-922-13597873529607_thumb.jpg

CBBEToplessAddon.7z

CBBEToplessReplacer.7z

Downloads are up at last :D A couple of bugs with the forsworn and mage robes, they aren't affected by weight and I have no idea why. That said, everything else should work fine. Items for the addon can be crafted in there usual category, anything not normally craftable is in the misc section.

Oh hey I'm new to the community, so I have a question:

Did you remesh the armors or did you just edit the textures to look invisible on the chest region? I'm asking because there is a mod for ultra skimpy black elven armor (by jammer - http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=5268) which does it, and that makes the armor compatible with potentially any body mod, since you can use vanilla meshes with those textures and get the same results without even messing with the body mesh itself. I'm a UNP user myself, and this mod's textures over the vanilla armor meshes works fine!

By the way, awesome work!!!

Keep up the good work!

Two things I noticed:

• Add on armors cannot be improved at smithing workbench; they don't show in selection list
  • Breast geometry doesn't scale with SH or SSH sizes; not sure how that works but HeavyMetalTopless armor does this, for example

Looking forward to more.

It's a remesh. Not sure what you're saying exactly' date=' the link you gave is based on Killer Keos' armour, which is a remesh as well.

[/quote']

I'm a UNP user, and was not content with elven UNP armor meshes I found on the nexus, and I used to love that mod when i was a CBBE user, so I wanted to use this same armor, but with the UNP body. All I did was replace the vanilla textures with this mod's textures and voilá, works great! (except for first person view, in which the gaunglets show no hand/arm inside them) I believe that works because the modder set the transparency of the texture in some regions to 100%, so even with vanilla meshes, most of the armour would turn invisible (which also explains the invisible arms in first person view). If that's true, the mod is compatible with virtually any body mod, and I wanted to ask if that happens to your mod aswell.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, having not touched this for a while I've done a couple more :)

Steel Armour in two versions, the standard is the high cut one, but I decided to do a lower cut version too, cut off more than I expected, so I think it's held up by sheer willpower :P

post-922-13597874231484_thumb.jpg

post-922-13597874232273_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So in between doing a small amount of fallout stuff and a large amount of being lazy :D I've put up a few new armours. 1 set of Bandit, Ancient nord, dwarvern and two varieties of the steel armour.

Just a reminder as well, you should only download 1 of the attached files, addon if you want to keep the standard armour for NPCs and replacer to replace all armours. Only bringing that up because the download numbers are worryingly similar :)

Any particular requests at all? If something gets requested I tend to get it done a bit faster, so if you're waiting on something in particular let me know.

Assuming CBBE and UNP textures match, then all that will happen is you have the unp body while wearing it. If the textures don't match the body will look odd.

[edit]

Yeah, I had a look at it in game, and it won't work this way around. Body appears to be part of the cuirass, so bottom only doesn't match the players body. I'll keep working on this anyway :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...