View File

Note: This is not an actual sling weapon!

This is a wearable "weapon sling" to enable HDT physics for sheathed weapons.

Because I need a base of testers before I release any new versions onto the Nexus page, I figured I'll upload my progress here first.

There is a regular package (hdtpe_weaponsling_00.zip) that installs only the essentials and there is an NMM Installer package (hdtpe_weaponsling_nmm00.zip) that allows you to choose what to install.

General details of the mod can be found at it's Nexus page here:

HDT Equipment at Skyrim Nexus

Additional features for this version:

• Customization for Personalized Weapon Slings.

The newest version (v0.2c+) of the MCM-compatible mod requires:

• HDT Physics Extensions by HydrogensaysHDT - Physics engine. Latest version.
  • SKSE - Skyrim Script Extender. Latest version.
  • SkyUI - to access the mod options using the MCM settings. (A non-MCM version is included in the NMM Installer if you choose not to use SkyUI or the MCM.)
  • Brawl Bug Patch or Brawl Bug Plugin (Optional) - to avoid brawl bug issues with the cloak spell function (though a "Brawl Check" safety option is also included in the MCM).
  • NetImmerse Override - (If you have the latest version of Race Menu, this should be packaged with it), for the node offset customization functions to work.

Please use and test this mod and report any funny business that happens (provide log snippets if you can--especially if the issues are related to this mod).

Also, anyone interested in translating this mod to other languages for accessibility may contact me about it through PM. (I'll try to compile and send you a language package for the ease of translating if you need it).

Thanks for looking and have fun with it!

Full Change Log:

v0.3a (2015-May-12)

• Fixed a major CTD issue with creature weapon slings
  • Added more sling controls (weight and visibility in inventory)
  • Added a requested weapon position on NMM install
  • Added an faction list for ignoring NPCs (no NPCs are on the list yet)

v0.2i (2015-Apr-25)

• Default Weapon Sling changed to prevent weapon "spinning" when out from an NPC
  • More arrangement options for Personalized Weapon Sling
  • Custom RaceMenu weapon positioning compatibility for XPMSE (as "Well Fitted Weapon Sling type")
  • Added some new checks in the MCM menu
  • HDTPE-compatible Wearable Lantern options added to the NMM Installer

v0.2e (2014-Nov-02)

• Updated all scripts
  • Custom slot selection now updates upon load
  • Converted node transition features over from NetImmerse to NiOverride for Personalized Weapon Sling functions
  • Added node rotation features to Personalized Weapon Sling functions
  • Carried relevant changes over to the non-MCM version (from the NMM Installer)

v0.2d (2014-Sept-25)

• Updated ApplyScript to dispel properly
  • Refined Personalized Weapon Sling functions
  • Optimized Personalized Weapon Sling files
  • Added more install options for the Personalized Weapon Sling (NMM Installer)

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    09/25/2014
  • Category
  • Requires
    HDT Physics Extension, SKSE, NetImmerse Override, SkyUI
  • Special Edition Compatible

Very nice, but if I want to give that item to my followers, how I can do that? They dont spawn the item like rest of the npcs, and player only gets one. I tried to figure this out, but I think I missed it...

After the MCM loads, you can activate it for NPCs by toggling the "Enable for NPCs" under Options tab in the "HDTPE Weapon Sling" menu. You can also chose the types you want to spawn in an NPCs inventory.

Hope this helps!

---

Edit: Sorry, I re-read your comment and I'll add some more information:

The auto-equip function works only on vanilla Skyrim races. If you have custom NPCs of alternative races walking around, the auto-equip function might not work on them. However if they are your follower, and you are able to give them items, you are able to craft your own weapon slings at a tanning rack to give out (at a cost of one iron ingot and three leather strips). If the physics do not show even after having them equip the item, then it must be an issue with the race itself and there will need to be a patch added to this mod to detect that race.

If you have a blacksmith's Hammer in your inventory, you can craft a Personalized weapon sling. If you are using the MCM version of this mod, the Personalized weapon sling can enable custom weapon offsets editable through the MCM. The offsets can be weight-based or uniform, whichever you prefer. Of course this feature may be a little complex at first, but it should be self-explanatory. I included this feature for those who want more customization (you don't have to use it if you don't want to, but it's an option for those who do). And because it's "Personalized" the features only work for the player character, if given to an NPC, it may not work at all--at least the offset features will not carry over to them--but if it's equipped to the player character it should work fine (albeit some minor bugs due to the processes that handle the adjustment features).

Hi jaques00,

I had a weired experience with your mod after updating to the MCM version. I was happy that you included the ability to have NPCs wear a sling and get the effects too. However after playing for some time, my game got terribly slow, especially the scripts run quite slow (eg. after picking up some plant it took several seconds for the message to appear). I then checked my save game with Save Tool (great tool btw.) and realized that there were more tan 7000 active scripts running.

more than 6950 of those scripts were HDTPE_WeaponSlingApplyingScript.pex which I guess comes from your mod.

For now I disabled the NPC option for Weapon Slings as I guess this should prevent this script from running, right?

Is there a difference between NEXUS version 0.2b and the LL version 0.2c?

Hi jaques00,

I had a weired experience with your mod after updating to the MCM version. I was happy that you included the ability to have NPCs wear a sling and get the effects too. However after playing for some time, my game got terribly slow, especially the scripts run quite slow (eg. after picking up some plant it took several seconds for the message to appear). I then checked my save game with Save Tool (great tool btw.) and realized that there were more tan 7000 active scripts running.

more than 6950 of those scripts were HDTPE_WeaponSlingApplyingScript.pex which I guess comes from your mod.

For now I disabled the NPC option for Weapon Slings as I guess this should prevent this script from running, right?

Is there a difference between NEXUS version 0.2b and the LL version 0.2c?

The only major difference between v0.2b and v0.2c is additional features to the "Personalized" weapon slings. If you don't use those features, it's best to stick to the 0.2b.

The ApplyingScript should only fire off when an NPC is nearby--I had no idea it would stick around. Yes, disabling the NPC option should disable that script from firing again, as it would disable the cloak spell that has the script on it. I'll try to look into it... I'll be further updating and refining the mod, but thanks for letting me know. I was unaware of this issue.

Okay,  spamneindanke47110815 and anyone possibly suffering from save bloat from the scripts in this mod.

Use the save tool to clean up the latent scripts--any script named "HDTPE_WeaponSlingApplyingScript.pex" (remember to back up your previous save just in case) and then replace the old script with this one:

hdtpe_weaponsling_apply_fix00.zip

I made some edits to the ApplyingScript, adding multiple safeties to ensure the script runs only once and then the spell dispells itself (in the process, hopefully detaching the script). I hope this fixes the problem, so please let me know of your results. If this proves successful, I will implement it in the next update.

Just posted an update (v0.2d) that refines the function of the Personalized Weapon Slings. Also fixes and optimizes quite a few things probably not noticeable. Includes the ApplyScript fix, so you don't need to download that anymore if you using the latest version. If updating, you don't really need to uninstall and clean save--it should be safe to overwrite the files.

Just posted an update (v0.2d) that refines the function of the Personalized Weapon Slings. Also fixes and optimizes quite a few things probably not noticeable. Includes the ApplyScript fix, so you don't need to download that anymore if you using the latest version. If updating, you don't really need to uninstall and clean save--it should be safe to overwrite the files.

Cool. Thank you for the quick fix. Downloading right now and testing it. I will report back if there are issues ...

• 1 month later...

Updated!

This update will be essential for anyone who uses the custom Slot Number feature (if you've ever changed the Slot Number away from the default value on a save file, you might have noticed the issue). Now the weapon sling item should allocate the appropriate slot upon loading your save game.

Other updates include more customization features for the Personalized Weapon Sling. The node translation has been converted over from SKSE's standard NetImmerse functions to Expired's NiOverride functions (which are awesome by the way). Also included in the update are rotation options to adjust the orientation of some weapons. I didn't want to put too much in terms of options since the page can only display so much in a list, so I only included the essentials (I don't imagine very many users needing to use all the options...). If there are nodes that need rotations and translations in any other directions/axis, I'll see about including them, but for now, unless there's a large enough request pool for it, I would say it these current transformation options are final.

A tip for any nodes transforming over multiple axis: try to rotate the node first, then offset it. The point of rotation is not at the origin of the weapon itself, but at the point where the weapon originated. So when a weapon is offset, it is offset from the point of rotation.

For a potential future update, if I can sort out how to read and write text files using Papyrus and SkyUI's MCM, I may make additional preset slot options that carry on universally. That way, the information can be loaded between different saves instead of having to set your options for every save file as that can get very tedious. I'm not sure how technically possible and/or difficult this is, so I can't promise it will be an upcoming feature--though if I can make it happen, the chances of it happening are a lot higher!

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy the mod!

• 4 months later...

The weapon sling is incompatible with XPMSE racemenu function unless you use the personalized sling.  Do you have any presets so I don't have to spend a month trying to set them?  Also can you write the script so that it doesn't automatically add a weapon sling and equip it? IT's really annoying as it moves the weapons out of place on game start when i am trying to make a character.

So to be more specific if Weapon Sling (Belted Back Armory) is equipped the Sword on Back, Bows, and Frostfall quivers work perfect. I keep starting new games and typically those are the first weapons I come across so I never noticed any issues until I got daggers and axes.  If you use Weapon Sling (Personalized) you can adjust the daggers but because the adjustments are limited you cannot get daggers to match daggers on hip (forget daggers on ankles). At first glance Axe on back won't work either. You needs to incorporate presets based on your skeleton presets for the personalized settings.

The Belted Back Armory are the best for me.

But when you sneak the weapons positions gets too messed up like is all floating around.

So unfortunately I'm waiting for future progress if it ever gets there.

Making this mod must be really hard and time consuming.

Weapons collision I what I really crave right now.

Something preventing the weapons to clip into the body.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

i absolutely love this mod and use it in my game but i have a problem involving a conflict with another mod that i'm hoping to get some help on. i would fix this myself if i knew how. the problem is the slot that the weapon sling occupies. it conflicts with the cowl that covers the face from this mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/18077/?

it seems that the hdt weapon sling and the cowl occupy the same slot. i need to know how to correct this so i can use both mods together.

• 5 months later...

i absolutely love this mod and use it in my game but i have a problem involving a conflict with another mod that i'm hoping to get some help on. i would fix this myself if i knew how. the problem is the slot that the weapon sling occupies. it conflicts with the cowl that covers the face from this mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/18077/?

it seems that the hdt weapon sling and the cowl occupy the same slot. i need to know how to correct this so i can use both mods together.

You can change the slot of the weapon sling in the MCM menu, it's the first entry under "Options".

My own problem is the two-handed weapons on the back, while using nexus' 0.3a or 0.3b, All Geared Up and xp32 v3.88:

When my character stands still, then the waraxe, staves and so on are sliding forward and backwards for a second, which happens every 4 seconds and that "animation" looks like they're on rails.

Plus the pickaxe doesn't move.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone know the cause of weapons on back going in the players body and head? It's been reported that it's due to being on the wrong node on Nexus.I saw a video of someone using the same exact sling I use (quiver bolt & sword on back) and it didn't happen to him when idle, but it does every time for me and others.