Sexout working before, now mostly broken.

First off, let me say much love for this catalog of mods.  Everything was working great in the first 30 or so hours of gameplay, but now it's malfunctioning and I'm having difficulty tracking down the issue.

Mods I currently have loaded:

Compatability Skeleton - BnB BodyExtender FAFF NVG 1.20
Mission Mojave - Ultimate Edition 11a
NVAC - New Vegas Anti Crash 6.8.0.0
Companion Dress Up - Companion Dress Up fixed V2 1.03
Delilah- Mojave MD 1.7
Willow - A Better Companion Experience 1.06
Beauty Pack PLUS -Project Mikoto- Hair - Eyes - Presets 4.6
BEWARE OF GIRL Type 3 HiRez HiDetailed Replacer 2.0
EVE - Essential Visual Enhancements 1.15b
Wasters Overhaul -Project Mikoto- v0.7
[sCR] Spectrums Toy Pack 20131009
Amra72 animations pack 0.39
BNB_Armor-35047-1-0
BNB_Body-35047-1-0
GSB-BDSMFortress20130227
GSB-BDSMHentai20130227
GSB-BDSMKennelSlut20130227
GSB-BDSMMisc20130227
GSB-BDSMR18-20130227
JIP Companions Command & Control 1.86
NVSE Extender
SCES-MCM-2013-01-06
SexoutCheckMeOut 20130623 for SCR
SexoutCommonResources20140625.1
SexoutCommonResourcesData-20131227
SexoutCrowdsB
SexoutNG - Core 2.6.85
SexoutNG - Data 2.6.81
SexoutSex 29_06_2014
SexoutSexAssault-June-10-2014
SexoutSpunk 0.7
SOSoundReplacer-20140703
SOSoundReplacerDataV1
The Mod Configuration Menu 1.5
Fallout New Vegas ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated Utilities beta

weight8000.esm
smallertalk.esm
sexoutpositioning.esm
sexoutrapegame.esm
sexoutfadetoblack.esm

Nexus Mod Manager:

Yes, I'm using the Nexus Mod Manager.  It worked great for Skyrim but in the forum FAQs it seems to be considered completely inferior to FOMM.  If that could be the entire issue, I would be a little amazed as it WAS working for a while, but let me know.

My Problem:

The main issue is, soon after getting my fourth companion, I noticed neither my first companion, nor my player character was ever the target of a SexAssault.  SmallerTalk also did not give option to initiate sex anymore.  It seems as though no Sexout mods work on my player character anymore.

Secondary (non-critical) Issues:

1. I cannot remove the lust debuff since I cannot have sex, and the option to disable lust in Sexout Spunk isn't removing the debuff.

2. My inventory, as well as my companions inventories, are getting filled with Cum Tokens.

What I have attempted so far:

I attempted to install and use sexoutrapegame to see if that would work, it did not.  I disabled all sexout related mods, loaded the game, saved the game, enabled them all again, loaded the game, and the issues were still there.  I tried disabling the unlimited companions mod (the one I was using originally) and installed the JIP companions command & control mod hoping that would resolve the issue.  It did not.  I also tried it without any multiple minion mod at all.  Still did not work.  I tried booting out all of my companions, saving it, quitting the game, loading it, trying to have sex in any fashion at all.  Nope.  I've tried a great number of things and it's just not working very well.  If I load my game from back when I had JUST acquired my fourth companion, Sexout mods are working slightly better, but still not to what they were (works slightly better all the way to the first save, but still not fully functioning).

It's to the point where I'm tempted to uninstall EVERYTHING, delete everything associated with New Vegas including my save files.  Reinstall the game from scratch.  Use FOMM instead of NMM.  Install just the mods that I've grown attached to, and start a brand new game.  If anyone can offer some assistance that would make that not necessary, I'd be super appreciative (I might even hit the ']' key while looking at you).

P.S.: I have attempted to follow the guidelines shown in the How to Get Help with Problems post as closely as possible.  Please let me know if I'm forgetting something or more information is needed.

Yeap that is one of your problems right there that you are using NMM for fallout NV it may work alright for skyrim sometimes but not that great for anything else and it's only good if you have a older version of NMM that doesn't have all that added shit that they stuffed into it on top of it spying on what you have on your computer and viruses and breaking your game. I would delete everything from your fallout NV and start over new with FOMM.

Yeap that is one of your problems right there that you are using NMM for fallout NV it may work alright for skyrim sometimes but not that great for anything else and it's only good if you have a older version of NMM that doesn't have all that added shit that they stuffed into it on top of it spying on what you have on your computer and viruses and breaking your game. I would delete everything from your fallout NV and start over new with FOMM.

Hah, so the last resort is specifically the one you are suggesting.  ^_^  Yeah I'm really tempted.  I'll wait a while longer and see if I get other advice before taking the plunge, but thanks for responding so quick.

P.S.: Also starting a new game would go a long way in unscrewing up my character.  I followed one of those character creation guides and I'm suffering horribly for it now.  "You should totally tag sneak, guns, and medicine, and get the perks swift learner, retention, and run'n'gun!"

Yw I was only stating what I have seen posted many times by other members and moderators not to use NMM for fallout NV but to use FOMM just like they say to use OBMM for oblivion instead of NMM and many are dumping NMM for mod manager for their skyrim as many are getting tired of it screwing their skyrim game up. I use a older build of NMM it never goes on line so there is no spying/tracking or fear of viruses and everything is downloaded manually instead of through NMM. 

Yw I was only stating what I have seen posted many times by other members and moderators not to use NMM for fallout NV but to use FOMM just like they say to use OBMM for oblivion instead of NMM and many are dumping NMM for mod manager for their skyrim as many are getting tired of it screwing their skyrim game up. I use a older build of NMM it never goes on line so there is no spying/tracking or fear of viruses and everything is downloaded manually instead of through NMM. 

So you we're just ranting about NMM without relating it to anything I was asking about?

Have you Steam > NV > Properties > Local Content > Validate Game Cache? 

Fuzzy memory answer about NMM:  The problem is that NMM doesn't install everything where it should be.  Because Sexout mods require several moving parts to function.  Hence, some, if not all, SO modders won't begin to troubleshoot your issue if you've got things installed with NMM.  Back in the day after I reinstalled after not having played for quite some time, I used NMM briefly.  As in, I installed it, tried to install a mod, and found that it didn't put whatever it was where it needed to go because it was a dick...or an idiot...or a dickiot.

The FOMM on this site under the Fallout non-adult downloads sub-forum is maintained by prideslayer (yes...that prideslayer) and nivuseverto.  Niv has loaded FOMM - a fork to Nexus.  Should be the same version...just different sites. 

MMs aside, you will need to make sure that all of your SO mods are up to date.  Sexout v.85 was released at the end of June, and there were substantial changes that made other mods need to be updated (SexoutSex and Sexout Positioning to my knowledge...don't know about others). 

If you've recently added any mods (besides JIP since you did that after the problem started), that could always be the culprit.  And speaking of...you put your mods under the spoiler (good boy!), although they aren't in order...perhaps that is because of how you got the info out of NMM.  There is a number of mods above which your system will begin shitting itself.  The magic number is ~140.  Less for some.  Installed but inactive mods still count towards that limit.  You look like you have a tiny bit of mods, but If you've got 30 other ones still installed but you never use them, go ahead and clean up that mess.

Since I don't know if any of this will help and I can't remember which type of consent the ] goes with, I think I'll take a raincheck.  ;)

Have you Steam > NV > Properties > Local Content > Validate Game Cache? 

Fuzzy memory answer about NMM:  The problem is that NMM doesn't install everything where it should be.  Because Sexout mods require several moving parts to function.  Hence, some, if not all, SO modders won't begin to troubleshoot your issue if you've got things installed with NMM.  Back in the day after I reinstalled after not having played for quite some time, I used NMM briefly.  As in, I installed it, tried to install a mod, and found that it didn't put whatever it was where it needed to go because it was a dick...or an idiot...or a dickiot.

The FOMM on this site under the Fallout non-adult downloads sub-forum is maintained by prideslayer (yes...that prideslayer) and nivuseverto.  Niv has loaded FOMM - a fork to Nexus.  Should be the same version...just different sites. 

MMs aside, you will need to make sure that all of your SO mods are up to date.  Sexout v.85 was released at the end of June, and there were substantial changes that made other mods need to be updated (SexoutSex and Sexout Positioning to my knowledge...don't know about others). 

If you've recently added any mods (besides JIP since you did that after the problem started), that could always be the culprit.  And speaking of...you put your mods under the spoiler (good boy!), although they aren't in order...perhaps that is because of how you got the info out of NMM.  There is a number of mods above which your system will begin shitting itself.  The magic number is ~140.  Less for some.  Installed but inactive mods still count towards that limit.  You look like you have a tiny bit of mods, but If you've got 30 other ones still installed but you never use them, go ahead and clean up that mess.

Since I don't know if any of this will help and I can't remember which type of consent the ] goes with, I think I'll take a raincheck.  ;)

Well I've gone and re-installed FNV and all of my mods.  I've used FOMM to do it.  And oh dear lord it takes like 5 logins to get it working.  The first four get stuck and occasionally one time it works.  Also, I have to keep moving MMUE up on my load order as it keeps getting bumped down every time I have to reload FOMM (wish there was a way to keep it from shutting down).  It seems to be working at least for a while once my game loads, but I think I'm hitting the memory cap and I don't think the FNV4gb.exe or whatever the file is called is willing to install into the steam directory.  I've tried reading the fnv4gb readme but that's just filled with update notifications.

ANYWAY!  Lots of stress and annoyance!

Also the bracket would give you control.  :P

Which FOMM did you get?  If you didn't get the one from here or the one that specifically says "a fork" from Nexus, I suggest grabbing the one from the non-adult downloads sub-forum and just installing over the files in your FOMM folder (wherever FOMM.exe is located).  Sounds like you have the older version of it as that the new ones will stay open after the game starts if you want them to.

Which FOMM did you get?  If you didn't get the one from here or the one that specifically says "a fork" from Nexus, I suggest grabbing the one from the non-adult downloads sub-forum and just installing over the files in your FOMM folder (wherever FOMM.exe is located).  Sounds like you have the older version of it as that the new ones will stay open after the game starts if you want them to.

Ah, that solved a couple of the issues.  Updating my FOMM.  What worked the BEST though is using the NVSE version of FNV4gb.exe instead of trying to start the game from FOMM.  Starting from FOMM would cause the game to fail to load 90% of the time once it started to try to load Nevada Skies it seems (yes I tried changing the load order to a million different things).  It loads up every time like a champ now.

I would still occasionally crash, then I downloaded NVAC and now I've yet to crash in some time.  WOOT WOOT!  (NVAC seemed to do nothing back when I was using NMM.)

SexoutPositioning isn't working at all, but I can live with that!

So I guess the solutions to my issues were:

1. Use FOMM, making sure you are using the one that's being updated.  If it's really old, you probably have the wrong one.

2. Use the NVSE version of FNV4gb.exe to start the game.

3. Use NVAC.

I still probably need to make sure the mod functionality doesn't get messed up.  If when I get a third companion again, I can't SmallerTalk a sex act with an NPC, I'll probably open a new thread then.  But anyway, thanks very much for everyone's assistance.

Positioning is one of the ones that was updated recently after Sexout v.85 was released.  I don't remember if that one was officially updated in the original download or if there was an update in the support thread that either jaam or pride would have created.

NVAC motherfucking owns.

There's a way to set a custom launch option with FOMM so that you can have it use the 4gb exe.  Settings button on the right a few buttons under the Launch button.  Go to the Fallout NV tab.  Enter the path for the NV directory where the 4gb exe is right above the box that says "Custom Launch".  Put the full name of the exe into the box.  Pray for rain.

Archived