[Help] Few questions about 3dsmax . . .

Kaz Aanh

Hey,

I need a little help with few things. I spent most of the time lately to get used to this ^ program. Its a really fantastic tool when you compare it the blender, somehow I don't get lost so easily.

I've converted other parts ( bra,pants ) of the armour without any problems and they works corretly in Skyrim but the problem is with the arms/sleeves part. They are positioned in the Oblivion's T pose and Skyrim uses /\ pose.

So I wanted to use this skeleton resource to easily re-shape armour arms from oblivion's T-pose to skyrims /\.   The problem is that it doesn't import fully skeleton( its just grayed out ). No idea why this is happening but if I import a vanilla skeleton it shows properly.

This also happens when I import skeleton from other bodies and it looks like bones aren't attached to the body at all.

Anybody knows where I did mistake? I'm glad for any help.

Use Gerra6's Pose Converter Tool to convert the actual oblivion nif into a skyrim version.

(You might need to do a wee bit of manual tweaking to get it absolutely perfect, but otherwise the tool works flawlessly. Even works for Fallout!)

Also when you import a nif, make sure you import the nif as a skeleton and not as dummies.

(Depends on what version of Max your using, Only 2012 has this 'feature' the 2013/2014 plugin doesn't have this working for whatever reason, but there's another 'workaround' for this)

Archived