I'm sorry if i'm Captain Obvious here, but just a quick tip for any lurkers who are not to experienced with adding overlays or look for a quick and easy way to add and remove these Textures as overlays on your character:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/25398-slavetats/

With slavetats you can just put your favorite transparent Texture-dds into the Slavetats-Folder and rename it body_custom.dds and you can add it easily through its MCM-Menu. Or just replace and rename the vanilla-textures from Slavetats you don't like with these (for example i replaced the Cowspots.dds from Slavetats with the dirt-overlay and put the scars into the custom-slot, works perfectly).

I found that to be a quick and easy way to add and remove these awesome textures ingame. Showracemenu sometimes causes CTD for me.

Huh that seems even easier than merging textures with paint.net :D

these are really good, thx U for uploading, I am thinking there should be no problem using them as a specialEffect. The transparent one's. I will play with them some.

I am just getting started in Skyrim, I assume these should fuction with any UPN mesh, and skin, But optionaly the FairSkinComplexion would be best ? is that right ?

yes slave Tatto works very well, but I am new to Papyrus scripting, and adding more to the MCM menu is eluding me.

I understand this part, and it will compile, but I don't get the extra menus, I have added.

elseif section == "Full Body"
        _add("Cow Spots", "Actors\\Character\\slavetats\\cow_spots.dds")
        _add("Battered", "Actors\\Character\\slavetats\\body_Scarred.dds")  ;<< this compiles, but is not added to the menu
        _add("Customizable", "Actors\\Character\\slavetats\\body_custom.dds")

I know I am missing something, in the code, but have not figured  out what.

I can make my own textures, and replace the ones that are in the Code, but have not figured out what I am missing to add extra items to the menus

If someone could explain what I am missing, I would appreciate it.

Hi there,

the textures should work well for CBBE and UNP. They where originally created on Fairskin but should work on every background and body. I just don't know if there will be any seams visible.

I hope we see them used in some mod in the near future. i for myself have no knowledge in scripting and such stuff so i cant really be of any help.

Thanks for using my textures. Have fun.

[Edit] Btw. Galgat, i love you Oblivion mods. They were and are great. :)

Thx U, I am struggling to get a mod started in Skyrim, I have built mY island, and about five of the dungeons on it, and I also have a small village created, I wanted to do something close, but not the same as I did in Oblivion.

I like creating my Own world's to build in like crowning Isle, because it frees me from worry about messing up the main game story, which has alwasy been my biggest worry, and allows me freedom to add, and delete where ever I want in my creation.

The navMeshing on the world map is a pain, very time consuming, I have about 75 percent of my continent Or large Island Navmaped, but It all has to be done by hand, the Auto World Navmap for Skyrim is like totally screwed.

I can auto the Dungeons, but then I have to go back through, and clean up about 50% of that, but they are small compared to my World Map. Which has Snow moutains, and a swampy Rain forest, and normal mountain areas, and of course the coastal village, as well as grasslands, and forest.

It is going to take some time though, I am struggling with Papyrus, so much of it is just confusing to me. and the AI system is better, but many parts I do not understand yet.

Ashal has been very helpful with the Papyrus, but I still am very confused there, and I know I bother him to much.

I think if I Get squared away some of your textures will be very nice in place's I have in mind in my Quest's.

I tried changing the dirt textures from this mod with the private needs ones but the can't get the color to be dark brown or anything near so it's greenish brown for me now and kinda looks like dry sand instead of dirt but meh the texture is still good looking so  I roll with it.
It either glows in the dark or the color is too bright since the game uses some strange methods to make the stuff appear on skin.

I bundled a few of your lovely textures into a pack for use with the new version of  http://www.loverslab.com/topic/25398-slavetats/

I suppose you're okay if i post it there for others? For now i handpicked a few of each simply because of the size of the files.

I guess simply making a singular pack for each of your 4 versions would be fine too.

Hi,

sure, post them for everyone to enjoy.  Thanks for asking :)

I just saw the new update on Slavetats today. Maybe i get the time to work on a little replacer for those new magical tattoos.

• 4 weeks later...

How do the transparent textures work? Those are there so that you can add them to your own skin textures, correct? When I open them they look like senseless blobs of white, and blue inside of blood red rectangles and squares on a solid white background, instead of cuts, bruises, and scratches on a transparent background.

EDIT: Ok, reading through the thread I now see that I'm not the only one with this issue. As far as getting the images to stay transparent or not screwing up did you try saving them as PNG files? They don't have to be saved as DDS files in this case, they can still be used as PNG files because they are just another layer added to an existing skin texture; after flattening or merging the layers together the new skin texture can then be saved as a DDS file and it will work fine in game.

Unless I misunderstood what was being said earlier and you know all that already..

How do the transparent textures work? Those are there so that you can add them to your own skin textures, correct? When I open them they look like senseless blobs of white, and blue inside of blood red rectangles and squares on a solid white background, instead of cuts, bruises, and scratches on a transparent background.

EDIT: Ok, reading through the thread I now see that I'm not the only one with this issue. As far as getting the images to stay transparent or not screwing up did you try saving them as PNG files? They don't have to be saved as DDS files in this case, they can still be used as PNG files because they are just another layer added to an existing skin texture; after flattening or merging the layers together the new skin texture can then be saved as a DDS file and it will work fine in game.

Unless I misunderstood what was being said earlier and you know all that already..

I got impatient and "fixed" the textures myself.  :) For anyone else who was looking for the transparent files in a working format outside of Paint.NET, and didn't understand what I was talking about, or just didn't feel like going through the trouble, here they are:

post-145287-0-77436000-1408126327_thumb.png

Scratches, Cuts and Marks - Transparent - Fixed.rar

Enjoy

• 1 month later...

I bundled a few of your lovely textures into a pack for use with the new version of  http://www.loverslab.com/topic/25398-slavetats/

I suppose you're okay if i post it there for others? For now i handpicked a few of each simply because of the size of the files.

I guess simply making a singular pack for each of your 4 versions would be fine too.

I couldn't find them on the slave-tats section.  Could you point them out to me please?

edit - Found them, page 51 and 52 of slavetats thread.  Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Any chance you might come back to this and add a bit more. Since Gooser added them to wear and tear I have been seeing them in game and I have a few thoughts on more possible things that could be added.

A couple of ideas on the general abuse black eye or two, bloody nose or lips. Some more bruising on the body, arms and legs or cheek.

Another one is a set for not sure what to call it, more targeted abuse? Like whip marks across the back and things like that, punishment marks I guess would be accurate way to describe it.

• 1 month later...

Any chance you might come back to this and add a bit more. Since Gooser added them to wear and tear I have been seeing them in game and I have a few thoughts on more possible things that could be added.

A couple of ideas on the general abuse black eye or two, bloody nose or lips. Some more bruising on the body, arms and legs or cheek.

Another one is a set for not sure what to call it, more targeted abuse? Like whip marks across the back and things like that, punishment marks I guess would be accurate way to describe it.

If i find the time and the motivation, i will try to create some more textures. Nice ideas.

while using this on my cbbe body i get a neck seem and my hands and feet are much liter in color when i use the Mature skin textures (then install yours), and when I use fair skin my hands, feet, and head are much liter in color

Hm, body and feet are the same texture. Hands are a seperate file. The Head texture file is seperate too. Maybe you could check if all those files are the same texture? I dont know the filename of the top of my head, it should be femalebody, femalehands and femalehead or something. It could be that some of your files are still from other texture sources?

Another thing yould be the glossiness setting on your meshes, body head, feet and hands. Maybe they are different and thherefore the texture gets a different look.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...