Hiyoko Generator Brood Mother (22 May 2014)

How I would do it:

array_var arHairs
int i
ref rHair

let arHairs := ar_Construct Array

; Hairs for all children
ar_Append arHairs MediumLength
ar_Append arHairs Loose
[... etc ...]

if ( Hiyo.GetSex Female )
   ; Hairs for all girls
   ar_Append arHairs Ponytail
   [... etc ...]
   if ( Hiyo.GetRace == Imperial )
      ; Hairs for Imperial girls
      ar_Append arHairs HumanFringes
   elseif ( Hiyo.GetRace == [... etc ...]
      [... etc ...]
   endif
else
   ; Hairs for all boys
   ar_Append arHairs Cropped
   [... etc ...]
      ; Hairs for Imperial boys
      ar_Append arHairs ImperialHeadband
      [... etc ...]
   endif
endif

set i to ar_Size arHairs
set i to Rand 0 i
let rHair := arHairs[i]
let arHairs := ar_Null
rHair will have the hair randomly chosen.

Code not compiled to check for syntax-errors or other issues. No warranty is given or implied.

Trying to come up with a fairly simple solution for Hiyokos born near or in water, or in situations where their parents are in or near water. Problem I noticed is Hiyokos being short of stature, and using the same swim animation as all others, they end up below water level, have to cast heal often and when they run out of mana and not marked essential, drown. (Seen this in-game recently with an Amazon MOD I was testing.)

Short of creating a second swim animation with adjusted height for 117s, I was thinking maybe just add a water breathing amulet or the equivalent as a token when they are born.

I've also recently added Ashara's Sirens And Tritons and wanted to address their Hiyokos as well. (I'm also altering the one CM MOD that uses Ashara's MOD to introduce Sirens, and Tritons to have AI swim cycles along the coast. I'll need to review the scripts to see how to add bras/tails to Hiyokos too.)

Thoughts?

How I would do it:

array_var arHairs
int i
ref rHair

let arHairs := ar_Construct Array

; Hairs for all children
ar_Append arHairs MediumLength
ar_Append arHairs Loose
[... etc ...]

if ( Hiyo.GetSex Female )
   ; Hairs for all girls
   ar_Append arHairs Ponytail
   [... etc ...]
      ; Hairs for Imperial girls
      ar_Append arHairs HumanFringes
      [... etc ...]
   endif
else
   ; Hairs for all boys
   ar_Append arHairs Cropped
   [... etc ...]
      ; Hairs for Imperial boys
      ar_Append arHairs ImperialHeadband
      [... etc ...]
   endif
endif

set i to ar_Size arHairs
set i to Rand 0 i
let rHair := arHairs[i]
let arHairs := ar_Null
rHair will have the hair randomly chosen.

Code not compiled to check for syntax-errors or other issues. No warranty is given or implied.

This could be added to the HiyokoGenerator being used vs. this MOD?

To a human HiyokoGenerator. Theoretical code to set up list of preferred hair by sex/race instead of randomly choosing any valid hair and possibly getting a male-only hair on female children.

As for drowning it would probably be better just to give all hiyos water breathing ability than try to check for nearby water.

To a human HiyokoGenerator. Theoretical code to set up list of preferred hair by sex/race instead of randomly choosing any valid hair and possibly getting a male-only hair on female children.

As for drowning it would probably be better just to give all hiyos water breathing ability than try to check for nearby water.

Yes, I agree. I initially went with creating and adding a no show clothing inventory token, but I think an ability is even a better choice. I'll just clone the AbRaceSirensWaterBreathing (Sirens Water Breathing) for Hiyokos.

Wappyone, I have a problem. Suddenly I get stuck after loading one of the streamsaves. I've realized that this plugin was the culprit after disabling random plugins. Once the game is loaded, it just freezes.

In the mean time, I'll simply temporarily disable this plugin.

Just for your information, my PC is male

;-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
; Hiyoko Generator Brood Mother .ini
;-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

; GrowthFinalSize - How large children will grow to. Set to 0 to disable
;growth.
; Default - 1.0
set a3hgbm.GrowthFinalSize to 1.0

; GrowthMaturitySize - How large a child must grow before reaching sexual
;maturity. Children are banned from sex until this size.
; Default - 0.8
set a3hgbm.GrowthMaturitySize to 0.8

; GrowthDays - How long in days until children reach full size.
; Default - 14
set a3hgbm.GrowthDays to 14.0

; CreatureRate - Chance for creature+human mating to produce creature child.
; Default - 50
set a3hgbm.CreatureRate to 50

; PregnancyEffectLevel - 0: Disable pregnancy effects, 1: Enable standard
;effects, 2: Enable extra effects
; Note: Extra effects include stat modifiers and some granted spells.
; Default - 1
set a3hgbm.PregnancyEffectLevel to 1

; HumanPregnancyEffect - 0: Disable pregnancy effects for humans, 1: Enable
; Default - 1
set a3hgbm.HumanPregnancyEffect to 1

; PregnancyBurden - 0:Disable, 1: Enable increasing speed/burden effect as pregnancy advances
; Default - 0
set a3hgbm.PregnancyBurden to 1

movomo,

Was this immediately on a load ( quest script init ) or a few seconds later ( initial hiyo maintenance )?  If the former my best guess would be getting stuck in the invalid ref checker loops (which shouldn't happen).

Can you attach the save that is freezing? While I likely can't load it directly due to differing mods I can examine the array contents with Wrye Bash.

Unfortunately, I've overwritten them by mistake.. I'm sorry.

What I can recall is, it's hard to determine if it was immediately on load or a few seconds later. Sometimes it freezed even before I see anything on the screen (black screen), or sometimes after I see things around me.

Besides, the main cycle always runs even before the init process starts. I suspect that it may be causing trouble - if not the init itself is the problem.

Two experiences today. PC is pregnant with Shadowmare's child and when I did a Wait  for like 4 hours (I often do this to cycle through births). At Wait end I CTDed.

A new Shadowmare II was finally born, but name does not show up on mouse over, expected? Nor does he doing anything, just stands there, also expected?

post-18672-0-90001000-1391704963_thumb.jpg

post-18672-0-62711000-1391705063_thumb.jpg

UPDATE:

Just logged back in and after a brief running away from and back to PC name now appears. Due to him having the rideability function was at first able to mount, whereby he resized to full Shadowmare height, but then the system seemed to correct it self; I got off, could not remount and got the system message about him not being big enough yet.

I can now use Hiyoko Manage spell on him. Correction no this does not work, and neither does Hiyoko Mark/Follow target spells.

I recall reading something a while back about Shadowmare being bugged, could be the cause. Maybe not a good creature to breed with?

Two experiences today. PC is pregnant with Shadowmare's child and when I did a Wait  for like 4 hours (I often do this to cycle through births). At Wait end I CTDed.

A new Shadowmare II was finally born, but name does not show up on mouse over, expected? Nor does he doing anything, just stands there, also expected?

attachicon.gifShadowmare1.jpg

attachicon.gifShadowmare2.jpg

UPDATE:

Just logged back in and after a brief running away from and back to PC name now appears. Due to him having the rideability function was at first able to mount, whereby he resized to full Shadowmare height, but then the system seemed to correct it self; I got off, could not remount and got the system message about him not being big enough yet.

I can now use Hiyoko Manage spell on him. Correction no this does not work, and neither does Hiyoko Mark/Follow target spells.

I recall reading something a while back about Shadowmare being bugged, could be the cause. Maybe not a good creature to breed with?

I'll check on this, I thought the Hiyo version of him was safe.  As for being temporarily ride-able it has to be blocked by a script applied to the Hiyo, and since scripts don't copy with CreateFullActorCopy it is applied on the first 'OnGrow' update from HiyokoClub. This can be a minute or two after either birth or game load.

Thank you WappyOne,
Enjoying this creature generator very much.
With naturally aggressive creatures I do still see attacking problems occasionally.
But I could definitely understand wild creatures not getting along.
post-33301-0-24183500-1391744561_thumb.jpg
Goldi had a run in with three bears and she gave birth to two cubs after feeling
stronger during pregnancy.
Before I could get them with MCS, one killed the other (did not want competition).
I did not have a chance to check aggression etc.
In my opinion it was natural. Movomos dreams gave it good experience ;)
Goldi even got crabs once... ewww.

Mem

attachicon.gifShadowmare1.jpg

attachicon.gifShadowmare2.jpg

UPDATE:

I'll check on this, I thought the Hiyo version of him was safe.  As for being temporarily ride-able it has to be blocked by a script applied to the Hiyo, and since scripts don't copy with CreateFullActorCopy it is applied on the first 'OnGrow' update from HiyokoClub. This can be a minute or two after either birth or game load.

No rush, no worries. I went back to another Save and put his ovum in cryo storage for now.

Another minor one to report on. The 3x I've seen rat offspring from other NPCs getting nailed, when I enter the cell they are in, nearby NPCs go postal on it, and quite possibly their own mothers.

I think I've managed to track down the "At Wait end I CTDed" issue in post #61; City Life-x117. Note, I don't think this version was from an LL post.

I got lucky during one of my Wait running cycles and noticed one of the NPCs from this MOD warping into where my PC was. Wrye Bash was reporting this MOD as having an error but no details as to what the error was. Another with an error was FLY Armor and Clothing - Non-replacers, both have since been disabled and removed, no more CTDs.

• 3 weeks later...

Wappyone, I have a problem. Suddenly I get stuck after loading one of the streamsaves. I've realized that this plugin was the culprit after disabling random plugins. Once the game is loaded, it just freezes.

In the mean time, I'll simply temporarily disable this plugin.

Had this happen myself.  Turns out the code on load game that checks the arrays for invalid references to prevent crashes/lockups... would lockup if there was an invalid reference.  Fixed.

Changelog for v1.01:

- Raised all children's Personality trait to help prevent unwanted combat.

- Fixed lockup on load game when an actor with tracked pregnancy effects had became invalid.

- Removed OnGrow debug console spam.

No clean save necessary, and if you had a savegame that was locked on load due to the bug it will work now.

v1.01

Looks pretty good so far.

But... ;)

Hiyo pups still attack Bailey and Kezune. getav personality/aggression showed: Hiyo-61/5 Bailey-10/0

in fun news- Taking your hiyo pac for a walk in the woods can lead to a cross country deer chase, in many directions!

Mem

Hiyo pups still attack Bailey and Kezune. getav personality/aggression showed: Hiyo-61/5 Bailey-10/0

I have no idea what's causing them to attack with those stats in your game. At this point the only way I can think of to prevent it would be setting their aggression to zero, but then things like...

in fun news- Taking your hiyo pac for a walk in the woods can lead to a cross country deer chase, in many directions!

...would no longer happen.

Personally I think Bailey and Kezune are just being sour because they have to go sit in a shop all day instead of being out adventuring. When the humanoids are not looking, they snap at the Hiyos then turn tail and run. Just a couple of wuss pups.

[ I may just go in and check the vanilla dogs and boost some of their personalities to see if it helps their attitude.]

Mem

i was just thinking that if the pc or an npc is pregnet with more then one then how does it determine what effect to give them or will you get a stacked effect?

i don't think i saw much kick in with multiple while trying to run a test, of course i tried testing with lovers creatures summons, not sure if that would make a difference

so if that's not already part of your plans, what are your thoughts on how you would like to make it work?

i was just thinking that if the pc or an npc is pregnet with more then one then how does it determine what effect to give them or will you get a stacked effect?

i don't think i saw much kick in with multiple while trying to run a test, of course i tried testing with lovers creatures summons, not sure if that would make a difference

so if that's not already part of your plans, what are your thoughts on how you would like to make it work?

If it is a multiple pregnancy of the same type the effects won't be doubled up. If they are from different fathers you will get all applicable effects. Given how the Oblivion spell system works it would be more trouble than its worth to double-up on all the effects. The only one I'd consider is the burden effect taking into account multiple pregnancies.

If it is a multiple pregnancy of the same type the effects won't be doubled up. If they are from different fathers you will get all applicable effects. Given how the Oblivion spell system works it would be more trouble than its worth to double-up on all the effects. The only one I'd consider is the burden effect taking into account multiple pregnancies.

that sounds like a pretty good plan

and here for tossing out some thinking

having burden also reduce movement speed, some kind of formula like burden is compared to strength do determine a penity to your movement

having your walk animation change to a waddle or a crawl or even becoming completely immobile at curtain points would be pretty cool, also if the size of the pregnet belly reflected more on burden and had higher then the t3, but this is going into the area of other mods

nothing like running some testing with an extreame ovulation rate and realism level set to 0

There is no such thing as multiple pregnancy, multiple embyros crashes the game.

that's kinda funny then how i had over 100 while messing around and the game never crashed once

Yeah, have to agree here. If you are crashing with multiple embryos in general there's potentially something wrong with your setup.

Unless, you found an undiscovered error or bug. Can you provide more details, like which father/mother combos it occurs with?