[Wip] Intimacy Project

t3589

Actually I noticed not always happens, but from time to time.

And a suggestion: as NPCs dont like you gotta weapons equipped, what about full masked helmets? I think It could be even worse than weapons in that matter.

Good point.  I also plan on using masks/helms and outfits later for identity recognition/alter egos.  When I start working that out I'll definitely add this.

An idea: 'sexy sleepwear' and 'Naughty NIghtwear' could have any special treatment in this mod. As special gifts or anything. Maybe something a 'long term' relationship will thank you, but if you give 'em to a 'new' relation, it freaks 'em out. I dont know, something.

I mean, they are sex-oriented items and they are scarce (even the naughty nightwear can be boud in a sole location in FONV). Just an idea.

On a different note: what were cigarettes used for?

An idea: 'sexy sleepwear' and 'Naughty NIghtwear' could have any special treatment in this mod. As special gifts or anything. Maybe something a 'long term' relationship will thank you, but if you give 'em to a 'new' relation, it freaks 'em out. I dont know, something.

I mean, they are sex-oriented items and they are scarce (even the naughty nightwear can be boud in a sole location in FONV). Just an idea.

On a different note: what were cigarettes used for?

I think it would be neat to account for all the items in that way.  On the other hand, I think it would be a monumental task.  So far I'm going at it from the monetary value angle, because it's easier.  I will probably expand upon the gifting system at some point, but I'm certain I don't want to take account of every item by name.

Also the post-apoc setting I think lends itself to this method of assessing gifts.  ie. In a choice between looking sexy and putting food on the table, I'm assuming that survival oriented cultures would tend to choose the latter.  Just my opinion, and somewhat of a justification for taking the lazy road on this issue.

Cigarettes are money.  In this setting I see no real distinction between an item that is worth caps, and caps themselves.  I use cigarettes mainly to A. give as gifts, and B. have something cheap on my person that I can part with painlessly in the event that I am assaulted.  ie. I'd rather them steal my cigarettes than my caps/NCR/Legion/meds/food.

Update in the OP.  Not much new progress.  Still finding and fixing broken things.

I dont mean for all the items (as you said, that'd be cool, but a monumental task). But those two, for the reasons mentioned: their nature and because they are scarce. They could be considered 'special' in some way.

Also, an idea for the mod: as we have [drink] and [eat] activities, maybe you could also [invite a cigarette] as something friendly or flirtatious.

On a different note: when a NPC approaches the PC with [small talk] you have 3 responses: [affection] [flirt] [ignore]. The option [ignore] is the neutral one. But I think [ignore] sounds too negative, as If you dont give a fuck or you being rude. I'd rename It to anything else, like [general] or something like that.

And something to report: Ranger Ghost whistleled from a distance and approached my PC and started dialogue (no [casual dialogue] avalible, thus no further realtionship) but then she kept herself there close to the big statues instead of returning to her post (we know she's a static NPC, she doesnt walk anywhere). Wasnt she excluded from this mod to avoid this?

I dont mean for all the items (as you said, that'd be cool, but a monumental task). But those two, for the reasons mentioned: their nature and because they are scarce. They could be considered 'special' in some way.

Also, an idea for the mod: as we have [drink] and [eat] activities, maybe you could also [invite a cigarette] as something friendly or flirtatious.

On a different note: when a NPC approaches the PC with [small talk] you have 3 responses: [affection] [flirt] [ignore]. The option [ignore] is the neutral one. But I think [ignore] sounds too negative, as If you dont give a fuck or you being rude. I'd rename It to anything else, like [general] or something like that.

And something to report: Ranger Ghost whistleled from a distance and approached my PC and started dialogue (no [casual dialogue] avalible, thus no further realtionship) but then she kept herself there close to the big statues instead of returning to her post (we know she's a static NPC, she doesnt walk anywhere). Wasnt she excluded from this mod to avoid this?

I see what you mean.  I had planned on separating clothing as a whole in regards to gifts.  The goal was something like: If the NPC is poor they'll sell the clothing.  if they have their basic needs met, then they'll wear the clothing.  Of course the latter part isn't in yet and they'll have to be made to only wear the nighties at the appropriate times.

I had smoking in as part of eating/drinking at one point.  I could probably add it as an activity based on the same thing that determines partying?  ie. if they party they smoke, if not, they don't.

Yeah that's happened to me a couple of times.  Ranger Ghost isn't yet banned because I'm trying to remedy those types of NPCs.  I know why they get stuck, I just haven't figured out exactly how yet.  You can get around it by opening the console, selecting her, and typing setrestrained 0.

• 10 months later...

I don't suppose there's a FAQ or guide for this is there?  I've been looking through this forum, and tried searching.  I've not been able to get to some of the features I see people talking about, so clearly I'm doing something wrong.  Thus far, the only dialog I've had with NPCs is a lot of 'hey' and 'yo'...or having them say some inane tongue twister....any advice for a noob here?

• 9 months later...

It looks like I shouldn't hold my breath for this to be moved out of WIP... How safe is this to use? Anyone notice any game breaking glitches or should it be ok?

This alpha version has been retired.  Go to the Downloads - Fallout Sexout area and click on: 

[WIP] Sexout Intimacy

That is the most recent version of this project,  and is actively being updated/supported/developed

Archived