Custom Race Mods ~ by Trykz (TCRA Update 1/19/14)

TCRA up to date, all related forums read, load order fixed, and the only remaining Moonshadow race still crashes on nudity. I'm using CBBP Body Slide.

GameMode=Skyrim

Skyrim.esm=1

Update.esm=1

ZaZAnimationPack.esm=1

SexLab.esm=1

RaceCompatibility.esm=1

TCRA.esm=1

ApachiiHair.esm=1

3rdEraWeaponsMoS.esm=1

HentaiPregnancy.esm=1

SPIKE.esm=1

Chocolate Elves.esm=1

Guardians.esm=1

MoonshadowElves.esm=1

SprigganQueen.esm=1

Valkyrie.esm=1

DynamicLoot.esm=1

Better Dynamic Snow.esp=1

zeldaaudio.esp=1

bestrape.esp=0

Behemoth Dragon.esp=1

moonpath_tp.esp=1

real glaciers v2.esp=1

SexLabDefeat.esp=1

SkyUI.esp=1

Artemis Hunting Gear.esp=1

1nivWICCloaks.esp=1

DA2 Bethany Robes.esp=1

dark souls rings.esp=1

Dark Souls Set 01.esp=1

Elculous.esp=1

hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp=1

insanity's celtic katana.esp=1

Jin Seo Yeon's Outfit.esp=1

Lia de Russo Outfit.esp=1

Renaissance Era Clothing.esp=1

schwertleite set.esp=1

Tribunal Robes by Zairaam.esp=1

3rdEraWeapMoS-lvlList.esp=1

DragonsDiversified.esp=1

hg.esp=1

hobbithouse2.esp=1

quest into the depth.esp=1

minesofmoria.esp=1

quest_nomercy.esp=1

sanguinesDebauchery.esp=1

windfall.esp=1

weightlesstools.esp=1

weightless dragon scales & bones.esp=1

HPSoulGemBirth.esp=1

SexLab Romance.esp=1

dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp=1

Uncle Sheo.esp=1

1portalgun.esp=1

apocalypse.esp=1

mmkhajiithair11.esp=1

FFRace.esp=1

MoonshadowElves.esp=0

OrientalRace.esp=1

EMCompViljaSkyrim.esp=1

wisplicker.esp=1

DeadlyMutilation.esp=1

realisticwatertwo.esp=1

sweet roll hut.esp=1

SexLabSquirt.esp=1

okamiwolfoverhaul.esp=1

summon alduin.esp=1

bladeofevilsbaneskyforge.esp=1

digitigradekhajiit+argonianraptor.esp=1

111kitling race vanilla 2.0.esp=1

ayanefollower.esp=1

saintsrow.esp=1

devil_sword_by_fpsquadrasnipar.esp=1

khajiit ysolda.esp=1

dark souls font for skyrim.esp=1

shiavonna_en.esp=1

pp_weapons.esp=1

snake.esp=1

first_tsurugi_by_woyo.esp=1

andre of astora.esp=1

AnimalSex.esp=1

lakehouse.esp=1

LC_immersiveLoot.esp=1

Dark Souls Weapons.esp=1

SexLab_DibellaCult.esp=1

Fizban007MusouSkyrim.esp=0

HISEmmyOutfit.esp=1

JackshAtelierAyeshaArmor.esp=1

lingsla.esp=1

MGR Greyfox.esp=1

Bashed Patch, 0.esp=0

I notice you still have MoonshadowElves.esp in your load order.

You need to completely remove that and any related files (such as the old race controller scripts, body meshes and textures, ear meshes, skeletons, etc.) left over from the earlier mod. The TCRA version of Moonshadow Elves is not compatible with the older version ESPs or any of their files. The entire mod calls on parts located within TCRA (except for the race controller scripts which aren't compatible with the older versions either).

At this point, I can only suggest first removing anything related to EVERY version of Moonshadow Elves. The install ONLY the latest MoonshadowElves file from the downloads page. CTDs upon removal of the torso armor is ALWAYS a skeleton related issue. The current version of Moonshadow Elves uses a custom BodySlide CB++ TBBP body. It's the same body I used for Chocolate Elves and Spriggan Queen (both of which are in your load order).

Try swapping in a TBBP skeleton (and it's required files) and see if that helps.

Trykz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Trykz, question for you. Are you using anything special at character creation to get the looks on your character faces like ECE or Racemenu?

Yes. I use RaceMenu.

I used to include .tri files with each race, but found that many players were using ECE or RaceMenu. So I stopped including them to make my races compatible with either one.

On that note, I'm thinking I may just bring my entire modding rig here next week so I can more easily get some stuff finished during the weeknights. It packs up neatly into it's own case, so shouldn't be too much trouble. I'm pretty certain it could use some updates anyway :)

The new version of TCRA is almost complete. I've added some new CBBE and UNPB body variants I made with StuffedBunny's version of BodySlide. The hooved bodies are also now a part of TCRA since I figured out how to separate the hooves from the bodies and make them work as normal feet do. Hopefully the armor modders will take an interest in this and make complete armor sets (with separate hoof armor) for them.

The Unicorn and Bovine races "might" be ready by sometime next week, but no promises. I still have a lot of texture work to do on both of them. What also "might" be ready, is the one race which has been requested of me on multiple occasions. But again, no promises:

Draenei ;)

It was pretty simple to create, since it doesn't require any fur. I added a few blue skintones, but RaceMenu will expand the colors you can have much further. I have some extensive work to do on the skeletons which are not a part of TCRA. For authenticity, females will have a shorter and more slender tail than males. Both genders will have enlarged hooves. Males will be quite a bit less authentic since I don't have a head mesh with tendril beards for them. If I can't manage to finish it before next week, I'll at least put up some screenies of where they're currently at in development.

Anyhoo, that's where I'm at currently. STILL inundated with work, but also still managing to slowly plug away at some cool race mods :)

Trykz

Thanks for the reply Trykz, I know you are busy with work / real life so any time you get to respond to questions is much appreciated. After looking at your work I finally got the bug again and decided to start trying to work on some projects for myself. I have made 1 of each of your races to see how they look / feel in game.I think I noticed your screen shots use a different skin from the one listed in tcra, I have not opened your tcra to check but I have my suspicions :)

A few things I have noticed or peaked my interest.

1.Kerran Sha'rr: Head/Neck Seam, no biggie, easily concealable with a good colar or neck item.

2.Valkyrie & Demoness: I'm trying to make an item to conceal or hide their wings, when in small or tight places.

3.Screenshots vs. Actual Body models: I may try and bring in the slightly muscular skin without the veins showing like in screens here: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/13377/?tab=3&navtag=%2Fajax%2Fmodimages%2F%3Fid%3D13377%26user%3D1&pUp=1  (not wanting to sound rude if I do my appolagies in advance.) (but when I make characters using your assests only the closeups of the skins look like they have milk or some other white looking substance on their skins at certain texture blends in the racemenu.)

4. Faun: I have not found the katana's used in your screen shots yet and I am wondering what skeleton you used for her build all the weapons displayed on her back like that just have me amazed. Because when I try her the only thing i get to show up is ( daggers back, daggers back w/ quiver - back hip, bow -back /quiver - back hip )

5. Did you animate the wings in Valkyrie / Demoness yourself? If so did you see or consider this for wings on Valkyrie (suggestion) seen here: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/39959/?tab=3&navtag=%2Fajax%2Fmodimages%2F%3Fid%3D39959%26user%3D1&pUp=1 I just tried these last night and they look beautiful in game not oversized but perhaps a bit low as to where they actually sit on the back on a female character in game. Take a look and see what you think.

For my first project I have started to Edit / Modify the Silverlight armor like you used, I have some things in mind like Color variations and possibly animations (tbbp/bbp) along with glows or glowmaps added to them along with reskins / textures. If you would like to see my work as it goes I will keep you posted in case you decide you like something I edit or make to go along with these wonderful races of yours.

Been at it for a couple days straight now lol you passed the modders bug back onto me lol, my roommate is just shocked at what I'm doing atm. She's like "you still at it?" lol

Thanks a ton for your inspiration.

:)

Vio

Trykz, question for you. Are you using anything special at character creation to get the looks on your character faces like ECE or Racemenu?

The Unicorn and Bovine races "might" be ready by sometime next week, but no promises. I still have a lot of texture work to do on both of them. What also "might" be ready, is the one race which has been requested of me on multiple occasions. But again, no promises:

Draenei ;)

It was pretty simple to create, since it doesn't require any fur. I added a few blue skintones, but RaceMenu will expand the colors you can have much further. I have some extensive work to do on the skeletons which are not a part of TCRA. For authenticity, females will have a shorter and more slender tail than males. Both genders will have enlarged hooves. Males will be quite a bit less authentic since I don't have a head mesh with tendril beards for them. If I can't manage to finish it before next week, I'll at least put up some screenies of where they're currently at in development.

Anyhoo, that's where I'm at currently. STILL inundated with work, but also still managing to slowly plug away at some cool race mods :)

Trykz

Trykz, I read "Draenei" and you just made my night better. Thank you for taking time. I know it's a "might" but I'll take it.   :D

Thanks for the reply Trykz, I know you are busy with work / real life so any time you get to respond to questions is much appreciated. After looking at your work I finally got the bug again and decided to start trying to work on some projects for myself. I have made 1 of each of your races to see how they look / feel in game.I think I noticed your screen shots use a different skin from the one listed in tcra, I have not opened your tcra to check but I have my suspicions :)

A few things I have noticed or peaked my interest.

1.Kerran Sha'rr: Head/Neck Seam, no biggie, easily concealable with a good colar or neck item.

2.Valkyrie & Demoness: I'm trying to make an item to conceal or hide their wings, when in small or tight places.

3.Screenshots vs. Actual Body models: I may try and bring in the slightly muscular skin without the veins showing like in screens here: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/13377/?tab=3&navtag=%2Fajax%2Fmodimages%2F%3Fid%3D13377%26user%3D1&pUp=1  (not wanting to sound rude if I do my appolagies in advance.) (but when I make characters using your assests only the closeups of the skins look like they have milk or some other white looking substance on their skins at certain texture blends in the racemenu.)

4. Faun: I have not found the katana's used in your screen shots yet and I am wondering what skeleton you used for her build all the weapons displayed on her back like that just have me amazed. Because when I try her the only thing i get to show up is ( daggers back, daggers back w/ quiver - back hip, bow -back /quiver - back hip )

5. Did you animate the wings in Valkyrie / Demoness yourself? If so did you see or consider this for wings on Valkyrie (suggestion) seen here: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/39959/?tab=3&navtag=%2Fajax%2Fmodimages%2F%3Fid%3D39959%26user%3D1&pUp=1 I just tried these last night and they look beautiful in game not oversized but perhaps a bit low as to where they actually sit on the back on a female character in game. Take a look and see what you think.

For my first project I have started to Edit / Modify the Silverlight armor like you used, I have some things in mind like Color variations and possibly animations (tbbp/bbp) along with glows or glowmaps added to them along with reskins / textures. If you would like to see my work as it goes I will keep you posted in case you decide you like something I edit or make to go along with these wonderful races of yours.

Been at it for a couple days straight now lol you passed the modders bug back onto me lol, my roommate is just shocked at what I'm doing atm. She's like "you still at it?" lol

Thanks a ton for your inspiration.

:)

Vio

In most cases, TCRA has multiple texture sets for each body type. Each set was carefully selected for near perfect match without seams. I think the issue you may be seeing with the Kerran Sha'rr is the color mismatch at the neck/body connection point. I see the same myself. After literally a full day working on those textures (especially the face), what I ended up with was the best I could achieve in GIMP. Not perfect, but acceptable enough for a furry race.

The weapons on the White Faun screens are displayed by using a simple .ini entry under the [General] heading: bDisableGearedup=0

The Katana's are from this mod: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/16546/?

Valkyrie and Demoness' wings were pre-animated assets I managed to get hold of a while back. Never messed with animations myself.

It's always nice to hear when other modders get back into the groove. If you want to pick TCRA apart, it'd be best to wait for the next version as it adds tons of new assets for custom race construction. I'm building it with backward compatibility at the forefront of my mind, because I don't want to have to rebuild all of my latest race mods. Meaning that the new TCRA will work just find with all of my currently released races. The only exception will be the White Faun, as the body assets were included with the mod itself and not in TCRA.

The White Faun was built with the old version of the hooved UNPB body which was all one piece. The new body is essentially the same, except the hooves are now a separate foot part to facilitate 4 piece armor set possibilities.. The upcoming Unicorn, Bovine, and Draenei will be set up under the new TCRA in this manner as well.

Draenei ;)

Trykz

Trykz, I read "Draenei" and you just made my night better. Thank you for taking time. I know it's a "might" but I'll take it.   :D

Draenei were my favorite Warcraft race. I'm hoping to put a little time into some cool abilities for them, though I'm not quite sure what at the moment :)

Trykz

"Draenei were my favorite Warcraft race. I'm hoping to put a little time into some cool abilities for them, though I'm not quite sure what at the moment :)

Trykz"

Draenei are amazing and this just perked me up from an otherwise rubbish day at work. Just please don't make their racial an ability :P

"Draenei were my favorite Warcraft race. I'm hoping to put a little time into some cool abilities for them, though I'm not quite sure what at the moment :)

Trykz"

Draenei are amazing and this just perked me up from an otherwise rubbish day at work. Just please don't make their racial an ability :P

I don't care if he makes them shout rainbows, just having them in game will be great. But I'm also excited for a Bovine race. All of Trykz's mods are unique and I think that is where the appeal lies.

• 1 month later...

ok first off im kind of a noob when it comes to custom race mods, so for that im sorry. im have a problem with the demoness race i downloaded the tcra and the demoness mods and it pops up in the race menu but when i select it it crashes the game. i think i may have the wrong tbbp, i really dont know what i did wrong. what one do i need? the list of them is so long im not sure what one i need. anyone wanna be nice enough to help a noob? oh and im not sure about the skeleton thing i need either i may have put that in the wrong place or something. actually its doing the exact same thing with the Kerran Sha'rr race aswell. i dont know much about load orders so here is this if it may help:    

dawnguard.esm

dragonborn.esm

hearthfires.esm

hirestexturepack 1-3.esp

racemenu.esp

racemenuplugin.esp

race compatibility.esm

tcra.esm

kerran sha'rr.esm

demoness.esm

sexlab.esm

sc075sexlabrandomattack.esp

fnisspells.esp

horsepenis.esp

femalewerewolf.esp

sexlabnudecreature.esp

sif olafsdottir.esp

skyui.esp

ok first off im kind of a noob when it comes to custom race mods, so for that im sorry. im have a problem with the demoness race i downloaded the tcra and the demoness mods and it pops up in the race menu but when i select it it crashes the game. i think i may have the wrong tbbp, i really dont know what i did wrong. what one do i need? the list of them is so long im not sure what one i need. anyone wanna be nice enough to help a noob? oh and im not sure about the skeleton thing i need either i may have put that in the wrong place or something. actually its doing the exact same thing with the Kerran Sha'rr race aswell. i dont know much about load orders so here is this if it may help:    

dawnguard.esm

dragonborn.esm

hearthfires.esm

hirestexturepack 1-3.esp

racemenu.esp

racemenuplugin.esp

race compatibility.esm

tcra.esm

kerran sha'rr.esm

demoness.esm

sexlab.esm

sc075sexlabrandomattack.esp

fnisspells.esp

horsepenis.esp

femalewerewolf.esp

sexlabnudecreature.esp

sif olafsdottir.esp

skyui.esp

you need tcra.esm at the bottom of your load order. If you do that and have the races above it, then it should work fine. Noob to this as well but that seems to be the general fix for it.

nope didnt work but oh well another mod i failed at. ty for trying to help me out

For starters, TCRA has to be above the races. Second thing is that you probably aren't using the right skeleton. The Kerran Sha'rr and the Demoness(maybe? someone correct me on this.) require the beast type skeleton. You just go into your skyrim>data>Meshes>actor>Character>character assets female. Copy your Skeleton_female.nif file to somewhere else just in case, then copy and paste your skeletonbeast_female.nif and rename it to skeleton_female.nif

tl;dr:

1. go to character assets female folder (skyrim>data>Meshes>actor>Character>character assets female)

2. Back up your skeleon_female.nif somewhere

3. Copypaste your skeletonbeast_female.nif file in the character assets female folder.

4. Rename the copy skeleton_female.nif and leave the original as the same name.

after doing this successfully, it should work properly.

Hey all...

Sending this from my phone so its gonna be short. I'll be back in full swing this weekend (with Internet access). Putting the finishing touches on TCRA 2.0 first, and should have a few races to upload early next week.

I'll answer Any questions i can after Saturday......

See yas soon ;)

Trykz

Hey guys, after following the instructions carefully the races are working a treat for me alongside all my vanilla races, my own race mod and some race mods from *cough* another place.   Now I'm getting back into things after a really bad 2013 (lost both parents) I hope to be getting screens of these lovely ladies.    Now can anyone tell me of a good place to upload them to, that will accept nude screens, as Photobucket and the like won't?   Thanks in advance!