Wicked Whims Download Animations Bundle

Hello there! I'm a whicked whims user (ww) and honestly I really love the mod I really do, but it's such a hassle redownloading everything when it gets updated (the animations) So I was thinking that the creators of WW should make a bundle of all the animations and items you would need for WW to work, I have like 20 ish tabs open at the moment Redownloading all the content and honestly it feels like after you download all the updated content they're sending out new content already, then the process repeats iteself.

It's just a suggestion for the WW team and would make it a lot easier on the community who uses and loves WW.

- Thanks for reading & please be gentle if you disagree with this, 

we all love WW no need to start a War

honestly that would be way too much work for one person to do without being paid to do it... your asking them to gather all the animations into one download from many different animators... what is more realistic is for you to take note on which animators are active and which ones are not (atleast on loverslab) and pick a day in the month to update. upating once a month is plenty of time to download the updated animators new files.

Or you could just search the forums for the newest updates and go from there... it honestly does take to long to download what is new if you are not gone for over a month at a time.

me personally I have gone to following the animators that are active so I don't miss a update while letting the ones that are either no longer animating or just trying use LL as a free advertising site go until I decide to go ahaed and update them... Having every single animation up to date is not a must for WW to be enjoyable.

Why are you re downloading "all" the content again? I hope you are not under the impression that if Wicked Whims has an update that you must re download all the animations. Ani's will work regardess of the WW version, unless you go way way bck.

Downloading all this stuff the first time is gonna be a pain, I remember twenty tabs too. But once you have them downloaded you just gotta watch for updates. They dont happen with ww or animations more than a month per contributor. I just check in quickly once a day and scan for updates, takes about 5 minutes. I feel lucky if there is more than one or two things to update from here per day, but its worth checking in to know you are current. After awhile it is easy and predictable to keep up with updates. Think of it as a lifestyle.

As a software developer I know how to develope a program which would check for animation updates and would then download them.

But this takes time and you would need some contribution from the animation creators. Without them it is nearly impossible.

You could also "follow" a file and get notified (based on your forum notification settings) about updates. That way you don't even have to scan for updates yourself.

Except you are looking out for new animators, but checking rarely has the advantage that you usually only see animations that have been through "public QC" by the time you spot them ;)

• This topic doesn't belong to the Download Section.
  • Having a bundle doesn't benefit individual creators.
  • Use the 'Follow' button at the download pages to get notified.
  • You don't need to download everything at any moment, only what gets updated and what you're interested in.
17 hours ago, weredeer said:

I just check in quickly once a day and scan for updates, takes about 5 minutes. I feel lucky if there is more than one or two things to update from here per day, but its worth checking in to know you are current. After awhile it is easy and predictable to keep up with updates. Think of it as a lifestyle.

Yes, it is a daily ritual for me. I also want to see the creation process. Want looking forward to individual sequences, to appreciate the work of the individual creators and not stupidly download once a month, a larger file in which the hard work of the individual goes down.

Moved out of downloads to the request thread.

1. Bundles don't benefit individual creators. Why go to their pages and follow them give them likes praise or support them when they can just go get the bundle and bypass all that. So if everything is in a bundle many creators are going to lose more then what they would gain while the person who uploaded the bundle would be getting all the attention instead of the real people that should be getting it.

2. Most creators will not allow their stuff to be placed into bundles mostly for the same reasons I posted above.

3. Bundles are a pain the ass to keep up. They can be huge in size and every time something updates the whole bundle has to be redone. They could also have tons of conflicts if one file doesn't work with the other one.

Sounds like a terrible idea tbh, especially for the creators.. just download the animations like the rest of us.. come back for updates, download and overwrite.. it's not really that much of a hassle.. not like you gotta do it on daily basis.  Animators tend to update their files monthly. 

Archived