Pubic Hair Growth

View File

Pubic Hair Growth

About

This mod simulates pubic hair for female characters. The hair updates over time, and can be trimmed or shaved.

In-game configuration

A mirror item is given to the player after the tutorial is completed. Dropping the mirror into the game world and activating it will allow the player to choose pubic hair color.

If the player places a Knife, Pewter Knife or Silver Knife onto the mirror first, activating the mirror allows the player to trim or shave their pubic hair instead.

Ini file configuration

Growing intervals can be adjusted by changing the "days" variables in the ini file.

The mod can announce when the hair has changed, by setting announce to 1. The announcement messages are also configurable, by adding and editing the following lines to the ini file:

set PHGMain.stageBaldMsg to sv_Construct "Your custom message for fully shaved"
set PHGMain.stageStripMsg to sv_Construct "Your custom message for shaved into a strip"
set PHGMain.stage20Msg to sv_Construct "Your custom message for 20 percent hair"
set PHGMain.stage40Msg to sv_Construct "Your custom message for 40 percent hair"
set PHGMain.stage60Msg to sv_Construct "Your custom message for 60 percent hair"
set PHGMain.stage80Msg to sv_Construct "Your custom message for 80 percent hair"
set PHGMain.stage100Msg to sv_Construct "Your custom message for fully-grown hair"

Compatibility

This mod is implemented as hidden clothing which uses the tail slot. Males, Argonians and Khajiit characters are not supported. It requires the latest version of OBSE.

Meshes are based on nude lower M option from HGEC Body with BBB v1dot12 (https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/34442/). Other body types might work, but clipping or other visual issues could occur.

Upgrading

Version 1.0.1 uses a .bsa file instead of loose assets - make sure to remove the previous version's files before upgrading.

Known issues or bugs

Sometimes a knife will fall through the collision mesh when dropped from the inventory directly onto the mirror - tipping the mirror over will fix the problem.

There are no other known issues at the moment. If you have a problem with the mod, please let me know.

Licensing and legal notes

The body meshes are based on work by Exnem, RAIAR & MadCat221, coronerra, Saaya, Dryad, stricken618 and Rivelle. If you wish to modify or reuse that content, you will need to follow the licenses related to that content.

Everything else is my own work, and you are free to use as you want.

• 1 year later...
Guest AthenaESIV

I love the user side simplicity of this and customization options - especially the number of stages and the message editing. I'm going to try to get this working with UNP Special when I get a chance and make some DDS files, might get time this weekend.

YPS is just way too much mod for a system like this and you provided a great possible alternative.

TYTY for creating and the share, very well done!

• 2 years later...
On 7/29/2022 at 11:19 PM, KentuckyExpat said:

How do I get the messages to show? The ini file had a set of messages preloaded and the initiator line "set PHGMain.announce to 1" is, as you can see. set to "1" What's missing?

They should show as time passes, and when you shave. They're just regular text messages in the top left corner for a few seconds, it's easy to miss them. I haven't looked at the game for quite a while, but I can set up an install and see if anything comes to mind.

Ok, I've attached a working config for you to look at. You can test it by putting a knife onto the mirror, and interacting with the mirror to give your character a trim/shave.

I'm also writing the message to the console, so if you press the tilde key (or whatever's to the left of "1"), you'll see some debug output. I've attached a screenshot.

When you edit the messages, make sure you keep the quotes. The ini file is actually a script, the formatting is important.

console.jpg

PubicHairGrowth.ini

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, KentuckyExpat said:

Thanks for the response. Will check it out.

I noticed in your screen shot that you are using xOBSE22.6.1. I'm using the older OBSE. Will this affect the display?

It shouldn't do, the Message function is part of Construction Set. I can't remember off the top of my head what OBSE functions I was using - possibly silent equipping? I think you'll be ok, but upgrading probably wouldn't hurt unless your other mods need an older version.

• 1 year later...

It does not show because the HRA Pubic mound is thicker.
The hair is made for HGEC lowerbody M, so it works with HGEC lowerbody S, M, L, LL, original
With Loverbodies with thicker Pubic mound the hair is inside the body.  The Body HRA use the DMRA lowerbody.

PH1.jpg

Here DMRA lowerbody pubic hair. Overwrite the original HGEC pubic meshes for DM, DMRA, HRA body

DMRA pubic hair.7z
There is minor clipping with a few animations; very strong bending, squatting, maybe some sex positions.

PH2.jpg
Normal animations are fine. Walk, run fight, sneak.
And the clipping is only at the outermost edge of the hair layer, so only visible with full growth hair.
It's not perfect, the hair layer doesn't fit closely to the body, some air between the body and the layer.