Last Exception Error

7 hours ago, WhoviSherNinTaku said:

I had gotten rid of the LE's by taking out all the mods. I put one of the folders in and loaded up the game and it created an LE I was hoping that because I only had that folder in it would say what was causing it. And none of my career mods are in so idk why its messing up with them at work

I would say do a 50/50 on that folder, but you would have to save the game before the last Exception pops up. If you list the mods in that folder, I'll see if there's any I know that are broken.

14 hours ago, Madara88 said:

Which career has your sim? 

Because I'm knowing that the Get To Work Careers causing LE both with the MC and Wicked Whims noticing them. 

But you can doing nothing against them because these needed to ne fixed by Maxis themselves. 

I gave my tester household only EA careers. Does this mean I should take out MC and WW?

Guest Nicole54

Hello I am new to Wicked Whims and I have been getting warnings for Exception errors in game. I have tried to figure out what is wrong but I do not know much code and I was hoping somebody could look at this and see if they can find what's going on. I don't think that there is anything to worry about but I want to make sure that I am not missing anything.

link to paste bin

https://pastebin.com/gA3FCkii

link to XML pretty print

http://xmlprettyprint.com/xml-pretty-printer.php

P.S. I did remove the Basemental Drugs mod cause it seemed to be conflicting, but Exception errors kept popping up.

Anything is helpful!

3 hours ago, Soulbound said:

From the LE, it looks like Wicked Whims can't recognize a sim as an NPC when performing a relationship test. Do you know who the sim is and what lot type it was? 

The lot type was residential I havent let the residential. but im not sure which sim, i tried it with all the couples in my household.

11 hours ago, WhoviSherNinTaku said:

I gave my tester household only EA careers. Does this mean I should take out MC and WW?

No because they're only noticing you of the LE; even when putting them out LE will created anyways. But this ones you don't need too worry about them because they're EA Bugs that having been catched by the game.  

But considering that the Sims 4 is a big game Life Simulation/ Sand Box it's not Bug Free and most of them time they're harmless and can be annoying.  

9 hours ago, Madara88 said:

No because they're only noticing you of the LE; even when putting them out LE will created anyways. But this ones you don't need too worry about them because they're EA Bugs that having been catched by the game.  

But considering that the Sims 4 is a big game Life Simulation/ Sand Box it's not Bug Free and most of them time they're harmless and can be annoying.  

Oh I see well that is irritating. I shall continue to check my mods folders and let you guys see any new fun LE's I get.

16 hours ago, WhoviSherNinTaku said:

The lot type was residential I havent let the residential. but im not sure which sim, i tried it with all the couples in my household.

How many Sims do you have in this household? If more than 8, do you use a mod that increases the household limit or do you use MCCC? I really can't get my head around whats going on in your game.

2 minutes ago, WhoviSherNinTaku said:

Oh I see well that is irritating. I shall continue to check my mods folders and let you guys see any new fun LE's I get.

You know I'm considering teaching you how to read LE's :smiley:

20 hours ago, tigress10144 said:

Hello I am new to Wicked Whims and I have been getting warnings for Exception errors in game. I have tried to figure out what is wrong but I do not know much code and I was hoping somebody could look at this and see if they can find what's going on. I don't think that there is anything to worry about but I want to make sure that I am not missing anything.

link to paste bin

https://pastebin.com/gA3FCkii

link to XML pretty print

http://xmlprettyprint.com/xml-pretty-printer.php

P.S. I did remove the Basemental Drugs mod cause it seemed to be conflicting, but Exception errors kept popping up.

Anything is helpful!

Hi and welcome to LL.

Exceptions are common when you first use Wicked Whims as the Last Exception log is activated by default. These errors may not be game breaking, but they could effect game play and should be addressed. There isn't much to fix and I will list the mods you need to remove or update. Starting from the top are custom traits and aspirations, quite a few were broken with a recent update.

If you have the following Traits or Aspirations please remove them.

marlynsims_GoldDigger_Aspiration.package

SubmarineSims_SpiritualTrait_v1.2.package

marlynsims_Bulimic.package

The last entry in the log is caused by SimmyTheSim - Simulation Lag Fix v1.1, this is outdated and needs to be removed.

That should clear your Last Exceptions, if not post a new one and I will take a look. Oh and you are safe to put Basemental Drugs back in, as far as I'm aware that isn't causing any errors.

1 hour ago, Soulbound said:

How many Sims do you have in this household? If more than 8, do you use a mod that increases the household limit or do you use MCCC? I really can't get my head around whats going on in your game.

You know I'm considering teaching you how to read LE's :smiley:

OMG it would be great if you did teach me then i wouldnt have to bother you guys(also i could fix my problems on the spot) but also i do have MCC but i only have 8 sim in mytester household.

Guest Nicole54
2 hours ago, Soulbound said:

Hi and welcome to LL.

Exceptions are common when you first use Wicked Whims as the Last Exception log is activated by default. These errors may not be game breaking, but they could effect game play and should be addressed. There isn't much to fix and I will list the mods you need to remove or update. Starting from the top are custom traits and aspirations, quite a few were broken with a recent update.

If you have the following Traits or Aspirations please remove them.

marlynsims_GoldDigger_Aspiration.package

SubmarineSims_SpiritualTrait_v1.2.package

marlynsims_Bulimic.package

The last entry in the log is caused by SimmyTheSim - Simulation Lag Fix v1.1, this is outdated and needs to be removed.

That should clear your Last Exceptions, if not post a new one and I will take a look. Oh and you are safe to put Basemental Drugs back in, as far as I'm aware that isn't causing any errors.

Thank you so much!!

Ok here is the log you posted https://pastebin.com/gwS2fJ2h, lucky for us its just one LE. This is a basic overview of the Last Exception

Spoiler

I will break down the LE into parts to show how I view them. Check the pastebin version to see how it normally looks.

<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>e97e8b51915dc5975ae79941</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2018-04-30 17:48:17</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.42.30.1020-1.200.000.336.Release</buildsignature>

This part is only useful when you are looking at someones elses log, it tells you whether its a PC or Mac, the date and time of the LE and the version of Sims 4.

<categoryid>sim_util.py:36</categoryid><desyncid>e97e8b51915dc5975ae79941</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception running Element (AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'is_npc')&#13;&#10;

This part is the Last Exception and contains the main information on the error. Unfortunately not all errors are helpful in finding the cause straight away, like this one.

Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10;

File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 212, in simulate&#13;&#10;  

File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 376, in _run&#13;&#10;

File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\utils\outcome.py", line 267, in _do&#13;&#10;  

File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\utils\outcome.py", line 677, in decide&#13;&#10;

File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\tests.py", line 380, in run_tests&#13;&#10;  

File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\tests.py", line 357, in _run_method_over_tests&#13;&#10;  

File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\resolver.py", line 127, in __call__&#13;&#10;  

File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\test_based_score_threshold.py", line 41, in __call__&#13;&#10;  

File ".\WickedWhims 3.2.4.122h\wickedwoohoo\woohoo\_ts4_relationship_tests.py", line 20, in get_score&#13;&#10;  

File ".\WickedWhims 3.2.4.122h\wickedwoohoo\woohoo\relationship_handler.py", line 55, in get_test_relationship_score&#13;&#10;  

File ".\WickedWhims 3.2.4.122h\wickedwoohoo\woohoo\relationship_handler.py", line 66, in get_relationship_score&#13;&#10;  

File ".\WickedWhims 3.2.4.122h\turbolib\sim_util.py", line 36, in is_npc&#13;&#10;

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'is_npc'&#13;&#10;

The last part is the processes that were captured just before the Last exception. Wicked Whims and other mods like MCCC have scripts that run in the background, these are not errors, the error is at the end. It is easy to work out what is happening in the game from these processes once you know how these scripts work.

</desyncdata></report>
</root>

Here is the end of the Last exception and if you have more than one, the log starts again. This will either be a duplcate of the first LE or a new LE.

I hope you found this helpful, feel free to ask any questions :smile:

@SoulboundSo I've been playing with my tester household and one other with no LE's except the one EA has to fix. But then yesterday they started popping up nonstop back to back! I have no Idea why. I have been getting CC and slowly putting them in so as to see if they mess up the game, and so far nothing.

I just got this one

https://pastebin.com/eDzjREA8

Also I had a question about the LE you were teaching me to read.

I'm confused as to what these mean:

Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception running Element (AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'is_npc')

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'is_npc'

You have a broken CC Nightstand that's causing all the exceptions. Here is the log break down:

Spoiler

This is all you need to look at, the Exception as described in the previous post.

Posture graph threw an exception while being queried by autonomy: (ValueError: Cannot pick up an object: object_toyHandGENEmotionDollLLama_01:0x0095076ce0290da0 from an invalid surface: object_TableNightstand:0x0095076cdfd10d9b)

This is pretty straight foward, the error is being caused by a toy Llama on a nightstand that can't be picked up. This is because the nightstand was made incorrectly. The nightstand is CC as there is no reference to the base game or Expansion packs, where as the Toy Llama has GEN in the object name which is base game.

I'm confused as to what these mean:

Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception running Element (AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'is_npc')

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'is_npc'

Sim Timeline is like a journal of the sims life, but in data form. Scripts use and modify this data as you play. To explain the error you would need some understanding of Python, the programming language used. But here is a basic overview of what "Attribute" is used for.

An attribute in Python means some property that is associated with a particular type of object. In other words, the attributes of a given object are the data and abilities that each object type inherently possesses. When an AttributeError occurs this means that an object does not have the attribute requested by the script, 'NoneType' is the type for the 'None' object, which is an object that has no value. 'None' is a common default return value for functions that search for something and may or may not find it, in this case it couldn't find 'is_npc'.

I didn't see the old Last Exception in this log, so it could be just a one off from all the changes being made

On 5/7/2018 at 5:27 PM, Soulbound said:

You have a broken CC Nightstand that's causing all the exceptions. Here is the log break down:

Reveal hidden contents

This is all you need to look at, the Exception as described in the previous post.

This is pretty straight foward, the error is being caused by a toy Llama on a nightstand that can't be picked up. This is because the nightstand was made incorrectly. The nightstand is CC as there is no reference to the base game or Expansion packs, where as the Toy Llama has GEN in the object name which is base game.

Sim Timeline is like a journal of the sims life, but in data form. Scripts use and modify this data as you play. To explain the error you would need some understanding of Python, the programming language used. But here is a basic overview of what "Attribute" is used for.

An attribute in Python means some property that is associated with a particular type of object. In other words, the attributes of a given object are the data and abilities that each object type inherently possesses. When an AttributeError occurs this means that an object does not have the attribute requested by the script, 'NoneType' is the type for the 'None' object, which is an object that has no value. 'None' is a common default return value for functions that search for something and may or may not find it, in this case it couldn't find 'is_npc'.

I didn't see the old Last Exception in this log, so it could be just a one off from all the changes being made

I didn't see anywhere where it said what CC table it was so I'm not sure how to take it out without doing the 50/50 method.

You don't need to do the 50/50, go to the lot where the exception popped up and find the nightstand with a Llama on. Switch to Build mode and use the Eyedropper Tool on the nightstand. Check the description by hovering over the thumbnail, remove the nightstand from the lot and exit. Open Sims 4 Studio (You still have that right?) and look at your CC, hopefully the nightstand will be easy to spot. You can delete the CC using Sims 4 Studio without having to look in the mod folder

7 hours ago, Soulbound said:

You don't need to do the 50/50, go to the lot where the exception popped up and find the nightstand with a Llama on. Switch to Build mode and use the Eyedropper Tool on the nightstand. Check the description by hovering over the thumbnail, remove the nightstand from the lot and exit. Open Sims 4 Studio (You still have that right?) and look at your CC, hopefully the nightstand will be easy to spot. You can delete the CC using Sims 4 Studio without having to look in the mod folder

See but the thing is..... I don't have any night stands that are CC in the house that has he exception. The only nightstand is a base game one that was already in the house its a base house the only thing on it is a lamp. All the CC "surfaces" that  have all of the sims can reach and grab anything grab-able on them. MY LIFE IS NEVER EASY :bawling::smiley::smiley::bawling:

13 hours ago, WhoviSherNinTaku said:

See but the thing is..... I don't have any night stands that are CC in the house that has he exception. The only nightstand is a base game one that was already in the house its a base house the only thing on it is a lamp. All the CC "surfaces" that  have all of the sims can reach and grab anything grab-able on them. MY LIFE IS NEVER EASY :bawling::smiley::smiley::bawling:

Unless your posting someone elses LE there has to be a nightstand with a toy Llama on it somewhere :confused:

• 1 year later...
11 hours ago, chris005 said:

Hi i have this problem any idea what problem  is this  ???

lastException.txt 23.82 kB · 0 downloads BE-ExceptionReport.html 30.83 kB · 0 downloads

File "D:\Projects\Sims 4 Modding\Mods\TMex Mods 2018\Tmex-BetterExceptions\PublicUnlock.py", line 13, in _unlock &#13;&#10;  File "D:\Projects\Sims 4 Modding\Mods\TMex Mods 2018\Tmex-BetterExceptions\tmex_BetterExceptions_Hooks.py"

Try to find this mod 'TMex' and remove it.

The other one seems to be related to a sim trying to use an object that was just put in someones inventory, i.e. 'canoe'.

Pretty much a normal routing error and safe to ignore.

Archived