SOS armor and clothes refits

1 hour ago, oaoa said:

Yes, I taken male body meshes from SoS Body HDT 1.0, you can get the xml file from that mod. I don't have deep knowledge in this subject. It seems, the xml file allows fine tuning of HDT feature but is not required, without the xml it works with some default settings.

ah ok, yea I was actually looking for a way to get rid of it, not really digging it, but if it's baked into the meshes suppose there's nothing I can do short of going into each mesh and deleting all the links.

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 12:39 AM, Juhna said:

Anyone else have a problem of YarlClothes boots being backwards? As in toes pointing towards ass.

I just checked it, all 3 variants of yarl boots looks normal in game ?

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for this.

I have had one issue with it. By some miracle I actually made it right through to the end of the main quest for once, and my game was crashing every time I tried to enter the Hall of Valor. Deactivating this mod fixed it. So I assume the meshes for one of the outfits worn in there were the problem. I noticed Greybeard robes in there (can't remember if I went into High Hrothgar since installing the mod, so not sure if they were the issue) and a form of Ancient Nord armour that I don't think I've encountered anyone else wearing.

Sorry it's not a more detailed report, but hopefully it might be of some use in tracking down any possible issues. (I don't have any HDT stuff for guys installed if that makes any difference.)

13 hours ago, SleepyJim said:

Thanks for this.

I have had one issue with it. By some miracle I actually made it right through to the end of the main quest for once, and my game was crashing every time I tried to enter the Hall of Valor. Deactivating this mod fixed it. So I assume the meshes for one of the outfits worn in there were the problem. I noticed Greybeard robes in there (can't remember if I went into High Hrothgar since installing the mod, so not sure if they were the issue) and a form of Ancient Nord armour that I don't think I've encountered anyone else wearing.

Sorry it's not a more detailed report, but hopefully it might be of some use in tracking down any possible issues. (I don't have any HDT stuff for guys installed if that makes any difference.)

Same here, it seems a couple armor meshes dont match filesize with one another, or are broken. 

For example, both the Sleeveless Dark Brotherhood armor and the Dark Brotherhood Robes cause the game to crash the instant they are loaded into the game. So until the author fixes it, it'd be best to just delete them from the mod

Fixed problems with Archmage robes (crash in Sovngarde) and DB armor and robes.

BTW, file sizes are not necessary to be the same, it could be even with original files (in IA or USLEP, for example).

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Nehrak said:

I tracked down a crash I was having to this mod.  The nif file for Miraak's robes was corrupted and crashing my game.

Removing those files fixed the problem.

I can confirm this to be a problem. Easily replicated by console spawning Miraak, resulting in a CTD with this mod, but not without this mod (or with the specific .nif files removed).

• 4 weeks later...

I wonder why for skirt-like armors/clothes (kilts and imperial armors), there is clipping on movement with them. At first I thought the HDT xml is a problem, so I deleted the HDT address branch in nifskope for a choice few armors (the bandit furs), but still they clip. Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2018 at 10:31 PM, hotrack said:

I wonder why for skirt-like armors/clothes (kilts and imperial armors), there is clipping on movement with them. At first I thought the HDT xml is a problem, so I deleted the HDT address branch in nifskope for a choice few armors (the bandit furs), but still they clip. Any ideas?

It's actually a problem with the Vanilla game that has always existed. The "skirts" have a physics effect to make them appear loose, instead of tied to the legs like standard armor. There may(?) be a fix somewhere, but none that I know. It's not exactly an easy fix, so I would guess your best bet would be to find a Vanilla Armor replacer for males only, but there are few choices for that as well.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Meanwhile, I found an issue. Some of refits cause visible gaps on forearms and calves when clothes are combined with boots and gauntlets:

Spoiler

002.jpg.ad8aee88346c953e62ce374437a4494f.jpg

001.jpg.8eaae598c63428364ba07149b5ab2d0d.jpg

Found these so far: Merchantclothes, wench, fur armor (fully covered/covering fur armor).

I would like to know if it's partitioning, priority settings, or some other thing causes such a... misfortune. I wish I could handle these sort of things on my own. So, please let me know whatever you already know or find out in the future!

• 6 months later...
6 hours ago, good0593 said:

Will you make an SSE version?

I made simple conversion with NIF optimizer and tested a little. It seems to work without problems, but I didn't play SE version a lot. Maybe I should share it, I'm not sure.

On 6/12/2019 at 1:01 AM, oaoa said:

I made simple conversion with NIF optimizer and tested a little. It seems to work without problems, but I didn't play SE version a lot. Maybe I should share it, I'm not sure.

Please share it.
So everyone can test, thank you.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...