What Happened To Endiness Armor Thread?

luger

I don't understand why this thread is here. I'm merely following the rules of this site' date=' since this is one the few sites I actually like.

Email to Ashal:

For some reason I do not have the ability to do this myself. My thread is here.

Buying Poser content doesn't give me the right put said content into other games, and buying a developer's license would only allow me to put in my own game. Besides, I've posted content ripped from other games, and I want to have my thread removed.

It was not my intent put your site at risk with my thread.

I don't think this thread should become a discussion.

You going to possibly continue releasing armor with free resources that allow you to do so? Like converting old oblivion armor to skyrim,

Heyo everyone,

Honestly that kind of ripping has been going on forever. Unless there's some major crack down that I'm unaware of.

I can probably point to a dozen oblivion armors that were not made from scratch and were illegally ripped straight from poser/daz3d. To top it off it these files were hosted on the nexus, and are in fact still there ;p

I think its a matter of people "noticing", or reporting the fact that this still goes on. I would say legally the meshes aren't the issues...its probably the textures. The meshes can be edited just like code in such a way that it no longer "reflects" the original. The biggest issue is the content like this that is sold for profit, being distributed for free.

I myself am torn because: I've made mods like these myself, love to use mods by other authors like Endiness, R0R0N0, and so many other great modders.

I wouldn't worry so much about the game content being imported for moding for skyrim. I would worry more..like Endiness is talking about with daz3d/poser content. That stuff is made by single individuals...some who make their source of income off of content like that.

I honestly respect Endiness for realizing such a thing.

I can tell you this isn't the only site people are creating mods for in such a way. I'm part of alot of boards that do this very thing. Some have been around far longer than LL as well.

After all I still remember when LL was just a thread on hongfire ;p

• 1 month later...

I don't understand why this thread is here. I'm merely following the rules of this site' date=' since this is one the few sites I actually like.

Email to Ashal:

For some reason I do not have the ability to do this myself. My thread is here.

Buying Poser content doesn't give me the right put said content into other games, and buying a developer's license would only allow me to put in my own game. Besides, I've posted content ripped from other games, and I want to have my thread removed.

It was not my intent put your site at risk with my thread.

I don't think this thread should become a discussion.

Aren't you a bit paranoid now? No FBI or the like is going to come here and investigate you know. This site doesn't have any rules concerning ripped content. We post what we like here and that's the advantage of this site. Of course you upload what you want but it's a shame about the armors. I only got to see one of them in a screenshot and that's how close I got. :(

Maybe if I show you the screenshot you can share it? :)

@Silvist

Is that your own opinion or are you just trying to "behave properly according to moral standards"? Well, think about this. No one is going to make less profit off their material because we use models from other games in Skyrim. If you want to play those games you can still do it and you don't play them just for the armors, hopefully. If the armors is the only good thing about the game, the devs made a mistake and might as well pay for it.

@Everyone

I'm getting a creepy feeling here. It's like people suddenly started to think like the Nexus staff *shivers*

Dude... Don't necropost... And don't even bother trying to "convince" him/her. Moral values differ for each people so don't even think of commonizing it.

Maybe if I show you the screenshot you can share it? :)

Either purchase the resource from whatever site Endiness got it from and show the proof to him or stop being greedy. If you don't understand how a person feels when his/her content has been ripped & shared then you've gotta grow some morality. Or work...

You need some respect towards who you're arguing wit.

P.S Dude its ok, there are no nexus staff here. You're just oblivious of how ugly you're acting up... I feel disgust in you're attitude.

Just one small comment on this if you read the lic on free meshes downloaded from one of the many sites that are about, its only illegal to make a profit on such meshes

So to convert it for a game and release it for free is not illegal as long as the original creator is given credit. This is clearly stated on all these 3d mesh sites

I like the

Dude... Don't necropost... And don't even bother trying to "convince" him/her. Moral values differ for each people so don't even think of commonizing it.

and the

If you don't understand how a person feels when his/her content has been ripped & shared then you've gotta grow some morality. Or work...

You need some respect towards who you're arguing wit.

P.S Dude its ok' date=' there are no nexus staff here. You're just oblivious of how ugly you're acting up... I feel disgust in you're attitude.

[/quote']

In the same reply

You tell him not to try to convince other cause moral values differ ( I agree) and then you throw him your moral in the face.

A bit contradictory no?

And just to had my stone to the discussion

I'm a teacher, my work is to share knowledge, it got me many years of studies to get this knowledge.

In my contry school is free (people pays taxes of courses which pay our salary) but the point is that everybody can have acces to my knowledge for free and i'm glad to to it. It's even my reason to do it, to share knowledge and make people better in my subject.

And i don't understand why but in the "artistic domain", when people write 3 lines of text or drawn a thing them should be granted the right to posses it forever and forbid every other to use it.

I really don't understand this way of thinking but as you said moral is something subjectiv.

To me, if i had the ability and the time to make armors from scratsh, i would gladly share it, and would hope someone would use it to improve it even more and never would think a second to make money with it ( people who ever thought buying a dlc for a costume or a hat on steam is ridiculous raise your hand)

Sorry for necroposting but I didn't see the date and this subject has been up in other threads recently. I'm not talking morals here. I'm talking facts and if you read carefully it's all true whatever people's morals are. I'm not telling people what to think and I didn't insult anyone...but dobmc, you kinda made an attack on me which I am happy to forget about, considering the slightly provoking tone in my post. Now I suggest we forget about that and move on, to avoid making this topic more infected.

Just one small comment on this if you read the lic on free meshes downloaded from one of the many sites that are about' date=' its only illegal to make a profit on such meshes

So to convert it for a game and release it for free is not illegal as long as the original creator is given credit. This is clearly stated on all these 3d mesh sites

[/quote']

Didn't Endiness buy the meshes from poser? Does it make any difference? If not, he didn't have to remove his thread. To be honest, I don't worry too much about the armors in it. I worry more about what ideas this give other people who planned to make similar threads. I believe it's perfectly safe to do so, for LL included, as long as the uploader is okay with it.

Wurst, you make so much sense in that post. *raises hand*

...So to convert it for a game and release it for free is not illegal as long as the original creator is given credit. This is clearly stated on all these 3d mesh sites

About Free sites claiming free stuff is free..

Taking from http://illusions-designs.net/catalog/copyright.php

"Do not post' date=' give away or sell any item that is not 100% your own unless you have a license to re-distribute. Copyright infringement shall not be permitted.

Do not use items found on the Internet. Many items may state free to use, but that does not give permission to redistribute in any form--even just small pieces. Also, there is no good way to verify the person making the Internet file available is even the copyright holder."

Some may not be familiar with the Terms of Service at these poser-content sites. You can use models for non-commercial and commercial works as long as in a media format where the original files can, in no way, be extracted (images, movies, comic books, etc.).

You need another license for production rights for each and every model by negotiating with the author (for a price, I'm sure). Daz3D has its own licenses to use their (Daz3D Original only) products in commercial games for a flat fee of $2500. If you don't know, there aren't that many Daz3d Originals, so you're back to trying to get a license for each product. I don't know how much each individual author would charge, but FoRender might be the best place to ask, even just because you can request low poly models. Retopologizing everything is incredibly time consuming and tedious.

Just assume anything out there are recreations (which I've definitely witnessed before). More power to the people who can and want to do that. <---This is moral statement since Renderosity's eula declares this to be illegal too, lol.

What I like with the Internet is that this bussiness model is made completly useless with a simple fact.

People can say what they want about whatever they did in their own country, the law is different in each contry and nobody has the power to do anything about it or made their rules be applied.

The music industry suffered great losses not understanding this simple fact and tried to fear people to keep their obsolet model and lost in the end.

The internet was developped to share knowledge, data and it does it very well :)

Now I can understand this better and I respect Endiness decision. I would probably have done the same because being on the safe side is more important than a few armors. Not that you had to explain yourself to me but I think the community deserves it. I'm sorry that I started this argument and that you had to explain all this. I was just upset about all the loremongers in here and the fact that you had to close a relatively innocent thread because of a license that is primarily aimed at companies. You can tell from the price they didn't expect a modder to buy it.

Archived