Need ideas for prostitute/slave girl outfits.

Messenjah

Yeah, we were going to use the princess leah outfit but we couldn't get permission to use it. I'm looking for something original though and I will probably do the model myself more than likely as I am experienced in creating meshes for various Bethesda games. I'm looking for what is both lore friendly and sexy at the same time and I don't really care for most of the clothing for Skyrim on the nexus other than a few outfits. Looking for sexy.... not just skimpy as well.

So' date=' I'm working on a brothel mod but I need it to be very lore friendly. It is based in Markarth.

I need to create some outfits for the girls. They need to be lore friendly and suite prostitutes/slave girls at the time and should be sexy as well.

[/quote']

For Oblivion is a lot of good outfits That Would suit must convert just for Skyrim.

post-64962-13597878899082_thumb.jpg

post-64962-13597878900356_thumb.jpg

Well, 'lore-friendly' can be a pretty broad category if Imperial (ie Roman) culture has begun to influence the Nords. Which I think it would - visiting Imperial dignitaries would be very wealthy, and they would want some home comforts. Demand -> supply -> envious neighbours -> more demand. Next thing you know, the proud Nord warriors are sipping fine wine and boasting about their new underfloor heating.

If you accept that, then topless slave girls, naked dancing girls http://www.guide-campania.it/foto/scheda_mistero.jpg (yeah... they call it 'Villa of Mysteries' for a reason) and even crude bikinis http://www.easy-italia.com/wp-content/uploads/News-2012-07-23-Piazza-armerina.jpg could be ok.

For something more restrained, think about tunics. Similar coverage to a T-shirt, though it'd probably be made from a single piece of cloth, put on by wrapping it around the upper body and fastening it at the neck or shoulder.

If it was outerwear, women would wear it with a skirt and maybe a belt. Underwear tunics would be longer, reaching down to somewhere between knee and mid-thigh.

Roman women often wore a stola: two rectangles of cloth, held together at the neck and waist with clasps. Expensive ones would include ribbons, buttons and belts to create folds and pleats and give it shape.

Either of those could be skimpified for your needs, without breaking lore.

Sheer fabrics would have been achievable but not cheap. Some of the 'string of beads' armours (I think there's one called Gatti jewellery) you might have seen on the Nexus are probably credible brothel outfits, though maybe not what you want.

Oh, one thing - only barbarians wore trousers. So a woman wearing them might be normal to a Nord, but I suppose an Imperial customer would either find them gross or fetish-tastic.

Really, the limiting factors you might want to consider are materials and dyes. Wool = standard; hemp or linen = durable; cotton = expensive; silk = painfully expensive; leather = waterproof cloaks and shoes, but also loincloth-type underwear; fur = fancy cloaks and trimmings.

Ok, now that I look at it, that doesn't limit you too badly.

I guess the real problem is dye - even across the whole Roman empire, the range was very limited. Red was cheap, denim-ish blue and bright yellow were fairly common. I'm not sure what would happen if you tried to mix those to produce more colours but, based on an experiment I carried out when I was about seven, I imagine you'd get dark brown. Black (probably actually a very dark brown... maybe seven-year-old me had a counterpart in ancient Rome) was fashionable, so presumably more expensive. Pure white was achievable with chalk dust (awkward - it would get all over the customers), otherwise you'd have to settle for a dirty looking off-white. Orangey-yellow was expensive and Romans associated it with very serious religious garments - in a brothel it would probably be considered fetishwear, possibly sacrilegious. The famous Tyrian purple (a rich indigo-red-purple-forget-about-reproducing-it-on-a-computer-screen type of colour) cost obscene amounts of money, on account of being made by a secret process using the very finest rotted shellfish mucous.

Of course you could always forget the dye issue, and go with what you reckon looks right. You'd think all those wizards and alchemists could manage to come up with some new dye colours, right?

Well, that was a bizarre post. Hope something in there helps, rather than making things more complicated.

[Add: I forgot about corsets. They'd already been around for centuries, back when the Roman empire consisted of two hills and a swamp. I've no idea what they looked like, but I'm sure one of the Roman writers referred to a laced garment which shaped the waist and supported the breasts. If it was based on the older Minoan corset then it was probably linen, extending from the waist to just below the breasts, front-laced.]

I highly recommend Second Life Gor. One of the big roles there is slavegirl, and since the Second Life users build their own clothing, and they've been doing it for years, and there are thousands of them, there are a ton of options, from raggedy shifts to fine silks. You don't have to play SL Gor, you in fact, you don't even have to join SL, they have their fashions for sale on the Web, you can go to their webpage and so a search for slave silks, or kajira, or slavegirl or whatever. Should net you plenty of ideas, ranging from the nearly nekkid to fully clothed. The URL:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com

Good luck!

Well' date=' 'lore-friendly' can be a pretty broad category if Imperial (ie Roman) culture has begun to influence the Nords. Which I think it would - visiting Imperial dignitaries would be very wealthy, and they would want some home comforts. Demand -> supply -> envious neighbours -> more demand. Next thing you know, the proud Nord warriors are sipping fine wine and boasting about their new underfloor heating.

If you accept that, then topless slave girls, naked dancing girls http://www.guide-campania.it/foto/scheda_mistero.jpg (yeah... they call it 'Villa of Mysteries' for a reason) and even crude bikinis http://www.easy-italia.com/wp-content/uploads/News-2012-07-23-Piazza-armerina.jpg could be ok.

For something more restrained, think about tunics. Similar coverage to a T-shirt, though it'd probably be made from a single piece of cloth, put on by wrapping it around the upper body and fastening it at the neck or shoulder.

If it was outerwear, women would wear it with a skirt and maybe a belt. Underwear tunics would be longer, reaching down to somewhere between knee and mid-thigh.

Roman women often wore a stola: two rectangles of cloth, held together at the neck and waist with clasps. Expensive ones would include ribbons, buttons and belts to create folds and pleats and give it shape.

Either of those could be skimpified for your needs, without breaking lore.

Sheer fabrics would have been achievable but not cheap. Some of the 'string of beads' armours (I think there's one called Gatti jewellery) you might have seen on the Nexus are probably credible brothel outfits, though maybe not what you want.

Oh, one thing - only barbarians wore trousers. So a woman wearing them might be normal to a Nord, but I suppose an Imperial customer would either find them gross or fetish-tastic.

Really, the limiting factors you might want to consider are materials and dyes. Wool = standard; hemp or linen = durable; cotton = expensive; silk = painfully expensive; leather = waterproof cloaks and shoes, but also loincloth-type underwear; fur = fancy cloaks and trimmings.

Ok, now that I look at it, that doesn't limit you too badly.

I guess the real problem is dye - even across the whole Roman empire, the range was very limited. Red was cheap, denim-ish blue and bright yellow were fairly common. I'm not sure what would happen if you tried to mix those to produce more colours but, based on an experiment I carried out when I was about seven, I imagine you'd get dark brown. Black (probably actually a very dark brown... maybe seven-year-old me had a counterpart in ancient Rome) was fashionable, so presumably more expensive. Pure white was achievable with chalk dust (awkward - it would get all over the customers), otherwise you'd have to settle for a dirty looking off-white. Orangey-yellow was expensive and Romans associated it with very serious religious garments - in a brothel it would probably be considered fetishwear, possibly sacrilegious. The famous Tyrian purple (a rich indigo-red-purple-forget-about-reproducing-it-on-a-computer-screen type of colour) cost obscene amounts of money, on account of being made by a secret process using the very finest rotted shellfish mucous.

Of course you could always forget the dye issue, and go with what you reckon looks right. You'd think all those wizards and alchemists could manage to come up with some new dye colours, right?

Well, that was a bizarre post. Hope something in there helps, rather than making things more complicated.

[Add: I forgot about corsets. They'd already been around for centuries, back when the Roman empire consisted of two hills and a swamp. I've no idea what they looked like, but I'm sure one of the Roman writers referred to a laced garment which shaped the waist and supported the breasts. If it was based on the older Minoan corset then it was probably linen, extending from the waist to just below the breasts, front-laced.']

I actually thinky the empire is now more Italian than Roman. Or like something between the two but even though they returned to the Morrowindlike portrayal of the legion and stuff I think the civilian culture is different. Maybe more like renaissance?

Anyways I alwas loved the "courtesan outfit" for Oblivion! It looks very lore friendly and really pretty. I don't know if it's what you are looking for but if someone could convert it to Skyrim I would be in heaven ^^

I actually thinky the empire is now more Italian than Roman. Or like something between the two but even though they returned to the Morrowindlike portrayal of the legion and stuff I think the civilian culture is different. Maybe more like renaissance?

Interesting point. I may have attached too much importance to the obvious Romanness of the soldiers (plus the multiple gods, come to think of it) and totally missed the civilians. They do have a renaissancey thing going on. Guess its the OP's call - they've mentioned slavery, which I'd have thought would fit a bit more comfortably in a classical setting. I might be wrong though - I'm no expert on the renaissance.

• 4 months later...

Let's see;

TOPS;

* Hyde halter

* Hyde tube top

*bejeweled silk bikini

*scarf (there may or may not be a better word for it, basically, yeah a scarf, hanging from behind the neck to cover each breast with nothing visible to keep it there

*Nocturnal's dress only sleeveless and a different colour.

That green thing Jennifer Lopez wore once

*i dream of jeannie

*glass bikini top with jewels and stuff

* ebony corset with ebony hands on breasts

*falmer top with daedric texture

* "who mourns for Adonis" an episode of Star Trek, god-like alien makes a human wear an interesting dress, look it up

* lots of straps everywhere

*nothing but straps

BOTTOMS

*kylie monogue spinning around (look it up) only a different colour and less sparkley

* loincloth, a belt and 2 flaps in front and back that flap as she moves ( I now it's possible because armours have it) and nothing underneath. Various styles and lengths.

* lowrise peasant trousers

*Miniskirt

Well that's the best I can do without sending drawings

This http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/20415 could be a good starting point. Also http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/16757/

Just remember that "lore friendly" doesn't mean Bethesda typical ultra-ugly.

I think there ought to be a brothel outside of each town but doing only one for a start shows sensible restraint. Consider that the materials used to dress the brothel girls can also be used to indicate their relative cost to the customer. A naked girl would always be the cheapest while a girl in silks is going to demand most. Troll1977 gave a pretty good discourse on relative values of the materials and frankly in those days public nudity was pretty much declaring yourself as unable to afford clothing.

Xena is set in a similar world to Skyrim. Sword and sorcery, lots of leather, a lot people walk around half-naked, etc. he'll Aela the Huntress could easily be transplanted directly into the show and no one would notice. Xena is more greek and skyrim is more norse, but that's about it. Just google"xena" and scroll through all the images and you should find something. There's one episode actually set in a harem, actually. "Who's Gurkhan"

Howdy! Hmm. There's a difference between being a "Prostitute" and being a "Sex Slave". The girls and women that served inside the temples of the Greek's Lady Aphrodite, if not the Roman's Lady Venus, if they weren't natural blondes, wore blonde wigs, as their "badge of office". (Later clergy of later religions would call these females, "prostitutes"/"whores".) Think of such temples as being like guilds if that helps any. Though on the other hand, as s visual-aid shortcut, get the the 1979 movie "Caligula" starring Malcom McDowell, as it should be plenty full of inspirations for your modding needs. I think that would be more accurate than "Xena, Warrior Princess", which is where I was headed at the start. "Django Unchained" is the most recent movie I know of, where female slaves were used as "comfort women", but the outfits therein would be anachronistic. However, there is a movie about a woman fighting to get her kingdom back, and she has to deal with a brunette who buys girls as sex slaves, including one with the head of a mountain lioness/cougar/puma. "The Empress" might be it. Good luck!

a couple movies come to mind when i was reading this through

Xena was one , but what about

Sonja

Conan

Conan the barbarian

the skorpion king

not just the babes in the cities there was plenty of eycandy in the cultists and the outlying villiages

even the Harem's were pleasing to the eyes

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm going lore friendly, only elves take slaves "officially" and this being markarth leads to the high likelihood of dwemer slave costumes...

[trying to imagine what would a dwemer want his snow elf concubine to wear...]

I'd go with something belly dancery with a short skirk, X shape bra that crosses in the front (or pushes up breasts) and square shaped metal belts and hair accents, similar to the forsworn.

Archived