Yaksha race

Rayure

Here you go' date=' I re-upped it:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/h2qepz

I don't know if it's the latest one though, I had it lying around in my Skyrim Mods folder.

[/quote']

Why does this pop up as an .exe?

Any chance you can drop it on MediaFire? I don't trust shit that wants me to install anything just to download a file.

In any event, I'd like to revamp this race, since I believe it was removed due to mounted combat and Dawnguard compatibility issues.

Thanks,

Trykz

I don't know if it's the latest one though, I had it lying around in my Skyrim Mods folder.

[/quote']

Any chance you can drop it on MediaFire? I don't trust shit that wants me to install anything just to download a file.

In any event, I'd like to revamp this race, since I believe it was removed due to mounted combat and Dawnguard compatibility issues.

Thanks,

Trykz

http://www.mediafire.com/?4p337ck25bvana3

Yaksha Race mf'd

[/quote']

Thanks,

Trykz

WTF it's a rar file, guess sendspace doesn't like you.

WTF it's a rar file' date=' guess sendspace doesn't like you.

[/quote']

Probably not. I tried getting it, but it just downloads some install.exe with the mod's filename. MediaFire works for everyone without any unnecessary bullshit, save the occasional captcha crap.

Anyhoo, thanks for the MediaFire link mega, looking into revamping this for compatibility now. Should have something fully usable by the weekend :)

Lol it's a .rar file for me. You probably clicked on a fake download ad button or something? Thanks again guys.

I clicked the only "download" link on the page :rolleyes:

Nevertheless, I got the file.

In other actually relative news:

This race is NOT mounted combat compatible. Nor is it compatible with Dawnguard's playervampirequest script. Which as I recalled in my earlier post, was why it was removed from Nexus by the author a while ago.

It uses the UNP base body, which I swapped for the UNPB BBP meshes because..... well, because I could :P

It's in the CK now for the mounted combat fixes.

If enough are interested, I'll repack a fixed version with my changes into a BSA with a separate Dawnguard compatible ESP for Vampire play, and drop it onto my MediaFire.

Lol it's a .rar file for me. You probably clicked on a fake download ad button or something? Thanks again guys.

I clicked the only "download" link on the page :rolleyes:

Nevertheless' date=' I got the file.

In other actually relative news:

This race is NOT mounted combat compatible. Nor is it compatible with Dawnguard's playervampirequest script. Which as I recalled in my earlier post, was why it was removed from Nexus by the author a while ago.

It uses the UNP base body, which I swapped for the UNPB BBP meshes because..... well, because I could :P

It's in the CK now for the mounted combat fixes.

If enough are interested, I'll repack a fixed version with my changes into a BSA with a separate Dawnguard compatible ESP for Vampire play, and drop it onto my MediaFire.

[/quote']

OMW If you do that I will forever ber you unwaverinh thrall :D please I really want my Yaksha character to be Dawnguard compatible :P

OMW If you do that I will forever ber you unwaverinh thrall :D please I really want my Yaksha character to be Dawnguard compatible :P

LOL..... no worries.

So I got this into Data folder to test the normal and vampire variant races in game. The normal race loaded fine, but the mod CTD'ed as soon as I tried switching to the vampire variant race using the console. So I loaded it in the CK and found it was set to use the wrong skeleton folder path. Easy fix though.

I found another common mistake, which was the proxy race was set to Redguard, while the morph race was set to Nord. Likewise, the armor race was set to Nord, when it should be set to Default.

Finally, I fixed the mounted combat, and then took a look at the race controller script. Unfortunately, the original author didn't include the source file with the mod. So I scrapped the race controller completely and re-scripted a new one for Dawnguard compatibility.

I'll test this for a few days, and then see what happens when Harkon turns my character into a vampire. If that goes well, I'll drop it on MediaFire in time for the weekend.

Just keep this in mind:

if you already have a Yaksha character, you'll need to use the console to switch to the vanilla Nord race, and then back to Yaksha to salvage the character. With all of the fixes I've made (especially the new race controller), it's not likely any existing Yaksha character will load up without problems (missing head, etc.).

Yeah.....

so this race mod is completely FUBAR. Oddly, using a new race controller doesn't switch the race to the vampire variant when the character is turned.

I suspect it's because of all the different variables used when it was created. Such as the morph and proxy races being different. After setting both the morph and proxy races to Nord, the vampire morph simply doesn't occur, and the race refuses to switch to the vampire race without forcing it through the console. It's almost likke there's some sort of missing link between the Yaksha race and it's vampire variant.

So the next step is to simply keep everything BUT the races themselves. I plan to scrap both the Yaksha race and the vampire variant, and duplicate the Nord race and it's vampire variant. After that it's just a matter of applying all the Yaksha parts, spells, and abilities to the duplicated Nord races.

In any event, this definitely won't be ready for this weekend. My weekend is booked pretty solid with family stuff, and I have a trip to Florida scheduled for Monday, where I'll be for the week (at least). I'm taking my laptop which has everything I need to rebuild this proper anyway, so I'll sort it in my free time while away and try to get it out by next weekend.

Trykz

It would be better if you duplicate Breton race rather than Nord race. I made Yaksha race to use Breton head morph for a reason, you know.

Even if normal map for nord and breton would be the same, morph features (especially head shape) are not really the same. This is has to do with chargen tri files. If you duplicate Nord race, Yaksha race won't look the same as before.

It would be better if you duplicate Breton race rather than Nord race. I made Yaksha race to use Breton head morph for a reason' date=' you know.

Even if normal map for nord and breton would be the same, morph features (especially head shape) are not really the same. This is has to do with chargen tri files. If you duplicate Nord race, Yaksha race won't look the same as before.

[/quote']

Ahh, I see.

I knew specific races use different morph features, but I was unaware that they were based on completely separate tri files for each individual race. I'm pretty much starting from scratch anyway, so I suppose it would be best to start right from the beginning with a freshly duplicated race.

In it's current state, I did manage to get the right combination of scripts together to make the vanilla vampire transformation work again as it should. I don't know if it will be as reliable if Harkon turns the character though, since I believe Dawnguard uses an alternative script for the actual transformation itself. I won't bother testing it now though. Better to test it on the newer rendition using the Breton morphs.

But since it seems you originally created this race (I was unaware you were a member here), did you intend to update this race yourself? If so I'll just bin what I have and move onto something else before I go any further.

If not I'll finish what I started, and of course, credit you for your work. I can't do much until Tuesday evening most likely anyway. So I'll await your reply.

Thanks,

Trykz

I hid the mod in the nexus because I was not going to support/update the mod any longer. So you are free to make any changes.

As you are actually making the race from scratch, you don't really need to give me much of credit. Though it will be nice if you mention about the original author and mod if you decide to release it.

I hid the mod in the nexus because I was not going to support/update the mod any longer. So you are free to make any changes.

As you are actually making the race from scratch' date=' you don't really need to give me much of credit. Though it will be nice if you mention about the original author and mod if you decide to release it.

[/quote']

Well, as of right now I've only changed the body meshes to UNPB-BBP, and re-scripted the race controller. So for the most part, it's all original as far as the parts go. I plan to also add a CBBE version of the race using the new TBBP body and physics by Dragonfly. I added in a separate skeleton to the meshes folder so a single ESP will run either body version of the race without conflicts. The skeleton I added for the UNPB meshes doesn't work with TBBP and vice-versa.

Basically, I pack the raw files into a BSA for UNPB. Then, I swap out the raw UNPB meshes, textures, and skeleton for the TBBP parts and pack it again, creating another BSA identical to the first, but with TBBP meshes instead. 2 BSAs, 1 ESP, all packed into a single .rar download.

Anyway, you did a great job creating the original mod. The unique racial abilities are really sweet, and they all remain in their original form. You certainly deserve more than just a little credit. If there's one thing I know, it's how much of a pain it can be to put together all the parts for a race mod that looks good and works well. It's not often another author's race mod grabs my attention. But you did a damn fine job with this one ;)

Thanks,

Trykz

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Trykz just curious but in the Yaksha Race.rar theres 2 rar folders one is a 2.2 is that the fix file for Dawnguards DLC?

Not sure what you downloaded in December' date=' but it isn't mine :)

In any event, after a bit away from Skyrim modding to complete my interstate move, I finally managed to get this finished and uploaded in this post.

Trykz

Archived