Mod Organizer disabled many plugins by itself - help :(

Nymra

I had this issue before but did not realize it was happening by itself and it was an old profile I did not need anymore.

This time it was a profile I actively play... and it is ruined now I m afraid.

ISSUE:

I woke up my PC from standby and got into MO, switched a profile back and forth in the drop down menu and then started one of them.

I then got the warning that ESP and ESM and so on are missing (long list...)

I checked in MO and in the RIGHT panel (Plugins Load Order) over 50% of all the plugins were disabled AND the load order changed.

The WYRE BASH PATCH for example was last and now is somewhere in the middle...

QUESTIONS:

1. Is there a fix for this? 

2. What is causing this? I want to prevent that from happening again if possible... I thought MO was save enough, but now I think I need to backup every profile :frown:

1) Fallrim Tools (i.e. Resaver.exe) -> Load a save -> Under File menu is an export plugin option which you can save the load order which was used by that save as a text file. Then edit your profiles loadorder.txt and replace its contents with the contents of the load order file, (but leave the first line the same as ' # This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.')

2) No idea. MO can be tempremental sometimes. Just remember back up your profiles is the best advice.

9 minutes ago, spoonsinger said:

1) Fallrim Tools (i.e. Resaver.exe) -> Load a save -> Under File menu is an export plugin option which you can save the load order which was used by that save as a text file. Then edit your profiles loadorder.txt and replace its contents with the contents of the load order file, (but leave the first line the same as ' # This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.')

2) No idea. MO can be tempremental sometimes. Just remember back up your profiles is the best advice.

:smiley:

Thank you very much! 

MO comes with its own built in backup and restore for both left pane and esp load order.

For the left pane there is a backup/restore option to the right of the profile selection box.

For the esp load order there are backup and restore buttons underneath the run/shortcut buttons., though it only seems to keep the last three or four, it should from what I remember automatically back both panes up, it might be worth trying to restore them on that profile and just try all the time based saves it has, if they are there, the auto backup can from what I remember be a bit iffy to say the least, in that it says it has done so but has not, or at least has had that happen a few times myself.

Did you hit space to wake up the PC?

Space usually toggles selections like checkboxes or even confirms buttons with focus.
Having a larger portion of mods selected and hitting space can be annoying...

As said, use the backup function from time to time, and save custom ordering in LOOT, so if you "loot" your modorder you don't have to manually fix it afterwards

Archived