Custom female SOS armor?

I'm trying to convert an armor into an SOS revealing armor for a female character and I just can't seem to get it to work. From what I understand all I need to do is edit the armor in CK and add the keyword "SOS_Revealing" but it doesn't seem to be doing the trick. I'm just wondering if I'm doing something wrong or if it's even possible to set female armor as revealing and have it apply in-game.

Thanks!

I've only done this myself to mods that already contained a mesh that worked with the revealing keyword, for vanilla armors and clothing, but certain items in-game did not have the keyword, and were not otherwise changed by those mods.  For custom armor mods, it certainly should be possible, given that even if an armor is only intended for female characters, and thus might have no male meshes, it still should work with being revealing with SOS. 

Looking at SOS - Revealing Armors may help.

Although, if you are just editing a mod like this, TESVEdit may be easier to use. 

4 minutes ago, plainscoyote said:

The armor I'm trying to edit (from this mod) is showing up as revealing in-game, but no donger is coming through despite my character having the UNP addon schlong selected. I'm just trying to figure out how, if possible, I can get it to show through the armor.

Two main things that can cause this would be devious devices device hider function OR the armor uses slot 52 in addition to the body slot (which is what SOS uses).  

2 minutes ago, zzyyxx said:

Two main things that can cause this would be devious devices device hider function OR the armor uses slot 52 in addition to the body slot (which is what SOS uses).  

I don't see why it would us that slot, I'm not very proficient when it comes to modding so I wouldn't exactly know how to check that. And I don't have the devious devices mod so I doubt it's that.

19 minutes ago, plainscoyote said:

I don't see why it would us that slot, I'm not very proficient when it comes to modding so I wouldn't exactly know how to check that. And I don't have the devious devices mod so I doubt it's that.

The armor slot would be in the armor settings in the esp and the nif file.  This is a relatively recent guide that still has pictures, so should be pretty easy to follow:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/93117-change-armor-slot/

I took a look at a few of the armors though, they were all just using slot 32 so it's possible the one you are using I didn't look at, but I couldn't tell tell you for sure.  What is the armor you are using, or is it every armor in that set?

Edit: One other thing, rather than actually editing the armor in the creation kit, have you tried just going in game, equipping the armor, going into the SOS MCM, and setting the armor as revealing?

56 minutes ago, zzyyxx said:

The armor slot would be in the armor settings in the esp and the nif file.  This is a relatively recent guide that still has pictures, so should be pretty easy to follow:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/93117-change-armor-slot/

I took a look at a few of the armors though, they were all just using slot 32 so it's possible the one you are using I didn't look at, but I couldn't tell tell you for sure.  What is the armor you are using, or is it every armor in that set?

Edit: One other thing, rather than actually editing the armor in the creation kit, have you tried just going in game, equipping the armor, going into the SOS MCM, and setting the armor as revealing?

I figured that out a couple minutes after posting that, and I've tired both of those things, no dice. The armor I'm trying to use is marked as xTeraSkull in the .esp.

I just tested it with a vanilla armor and it works just fine so I have no idea what could be causing it with the Tera armor.

24 minutes ago, plainscoyote said:

I figured that out a couple minutes after posting that, and I've tired both of those things, no dice. The armor I'm trying to use is marked as xTeraSkull in the .esp.

I just tested it with a vanilla armor and it works just fine so I have no idea what could be causing it with the Tera armor.

So I think it's set in the esp.  What's weird is that in the nif, and in the Armor it only uses slot 32, but in ArmorAddon some of the armors have other slots enabled.  For the one you are using, The slot that would normally cause a conflict with SOS would be slot 52, so in theory I think it should still work, but this is a bit odd.  I would open up the esp, and for any armor you want to use, make sure that in ArmorAddon it only has slot 32 selected to match what's in Armor and the NIF.

https://imgur.com/a/Tlvpb

13 hours ago, zzyyxx said:

So I think it's set in the esp.  What's weird is that in the nif, and in the Armor it only uses slot 32, but in ArmorAddon some of the armors have other slots enabled.  For the one you are using, The slot that would normally cause a conflict with SOS would be slot 52, so in theory I think it should still work, but this is a bit odd.  I would open up the esp, and for any armor you want to use, make sure that in ArmorAddon it only has slot 32 selected to match what's in Armor and the NIF.

https://imgur.com/a/Tlvpb

Just double checked everything and yeah, none of it covers slot 52 and I even changed it to only cover the main slots it would cover, still nothing. I genuinely don't understand why it won't work.

2 hours ago, plainscoyote said:

Just double checked everything and yeah, none of it covers slot 52 and I even changed it to only cover the main slots it would cover, still nothing. I genuinely don't understand why it won't work.

Well, I just tried loading that mod as is, and once you set it as revealing in the MCM, the schlong shows up.  So, it's not the armor mod at least, not that it helps you that much.  https://imgur.com/a/TXtPt

At this point may be useful to post a list of your mods to figure out what might be the conflict, since using the SOS revealing button in the SOS MCM should allow the armors in this mod to work as revealing.

Archived