Increased Chance of Multiple Offspring with WW Pregnancies?

Alright, so, more or less exactly what the topic says on the label.

Lately, I've been noticing that a fairly high amount of the pregnancies caused by Wicked Whims seem to result in multiple offspring. Not only have I witnessed it with my own sim, who ended up giving birth to triplets, but thanks to autonomy interactions, I now have an entire town of sims that appear to support this claim.

Dina Caliente gave birth to quadruplets, as did Candy Behr. Mila Munch had triplets on top of the two other kids she already has. And a few other townies have had twins as well.

Now, make no mistake, this is not a complaint! Quite frankly, I love that my child sims actually have other kids to interact with and grow up with. My towns always used to feel like they had an odd lack of children in them, even with MCCC's population/pregnancy settings.

However, now I'm curious. Is this an intentional feature of Wicked Whims, or is it just a coincidence that so many sims have had multiple births like this?

I suspect the latter, but it would be nice to know for sure! :smile:

Hello... Do you all have WW & MCC in the game? My (female) Sims never gets pregnant since I've been using WW. I get the notification saying my Sims might be pregnant. Take a test or wait and see. My (female) Sims (I think, might have been her husband) wanted to do the "regular" Woohoo. They both ended up getting the red negative person temporary moodlet/icon while doing it or after it happened. Then my Sims was pregnant a day or so later with 3 boys and a girl but I didn't want her to have that. I made her have low energy and starving, but she never had it. I guess I was waiting for a notification to say she had a miscarriage. (I still love playing The Sims 2.) She had the moodlet to go the hospital and the baby was fine. So I went into MCCC & I ended the pregnancy. I just took MCCC out and see if she can get pregnant using just WW. I love MCCC but I started using WW and I love it more! Thanks for your time!

Hmm, its not just you! I've been playing The Sims 4 for ages and I've never had triplets. I downloaded WW about a week ago, and the first time my sim got pregnant they had a single boy baby, and the second time had triplets. Now their son has grown up and is having a family, they had a single boy baby, and then triplets again! I do like the surprise, but if this is going to happen ALL the time, it might start to ruin my game as I prefer smaller families :-( Now off to discover how to delete babies!!

On 2/6/2018 at 3:32 PM, megC said:

Hmm, its not just you! I've been playing The Sims 4 for ages and I've never had triplets. I downloaded WW about a week ago, and the first time my sim got pregnant they had a single boy baby, and the second time had triplets. Now their son has grown up and is having a family, they had a single boy baby, and then triplets again! I do like the surprise, but if this is going to happen ALL the time, it might start to ruin my game as I prefer smaller families :-( Now off to discover how to delete babies!!

Use testingcheats true first that you can use cheats then use cas.fulleditmode and delete delete delete Sims you don't want

On 2/6/2018 at 1:32 PM, megC said:

Another thing you can do is move the babies you don't want/can't take care of into other homes. You can do this via the Houshold Split And Merge function in the Manage Households menu on the Manages Worlds Screen. I've often ended up making "Orphanage" households and moving excess babies and children into them.

-----

Here's a video that can probably help!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZTljgzu3wQ

• 3 weeks later...

I have had several multiple pregnancies since installing WW including 2 sets of triplets.  Stressful for sure.  With that many, I have a butler, maid, and nanny, and still can't keep up.  I mostly cheat towards the end so they are not all crazy at the same time.  I even had one sim get pregnant when another one was already pregnant and there were 7 in the house.  The second pregnancy just "ended" with no baby.  Much of this can be controlled through the Master Controller mod, if you desire.  Having triplets does make things interesting for sure.

• 1 year later...

A long time ago I noticed that if I were to have - say honeymooning sims - WooHoo multiple times back to back, I ended up with multiple births more frequently than expected. Without any fertility traits added to the lot or either parent, a couple had twins, triplets, and then twins. I went back into my saves and edited ... shall we say conception practices?? The same couple had single-sim births just by delaying how quickly *ahum* round 2 occurred.

So from my experience, it's not WW that doesn it, at least from that experience it's the frequency of "success" in the original experience. Having said that, this died back down for me over time so I don't know if it's a real thing/glitch or not. I'm sure there's nothing in the code (not that I'm a coder) that would show this - just my experience that I quasi-testing. I guess my Sims have never been one-and-done kinda Sims?? LoL

• 3 years later...

I came to this thread to check if WW sex was preventing my sim from having multiple babies in a single pregnancy. My Sim has had 10 children since installing WW...NOT A SINGLE MULTIPLE! Every child born separately. As much as I love my sim being pregnant, I would love it more if there were some twins, triplets or quads in there too. Both parents have all fertility traits to improve likelihood of multiple births but still not a single one.

Maybe multiples just aren't in the family?!