Preferred Character Gender

Veladarius

Preferred character gender  

245 members have voted

1. 1. Which genders do you prefer to play or would if there was more content for them? Select all that apply.

• Male
    • Female
    • Female based shemale or futa
    • Femboy or Male Crossdresser (male with feminine body)
    • Beast Races (Khajiit, Orcs or custom)
    • Other - specify in the comments

This poll is closed to new votes

4 hours ago, Tumai said:

For example, in my current game, I am role-playing like I was Bhaal (Baldurs Gate) or Ego the Living Planet (GotG2) - the object of which is to get every named female NPC pregnant (Using Hentai Pregnancy and Children plus Soulgems mods - 10% chance/10day gestation). Hey, the Dragon-seed is just as important as the Bhaal-Spawn/Ego-essence, it is my duty to try to pass it on!  This would never work the opposite way (getting a female PC pregnant at least once by every named male NPC in the game)  - only being able to gestate one Dragon-Seed egg baby at a time would take forever.

That sounds fun. What mods do you use to initiate the sex? I like defeat but it'd be nice if there was a more blackmail-y or intimidation way. I wish defeat had more of a dialogue tree when you had someone knocked down.

2 hours ago, TheAwesomeTRex said:

Id say physically weaker means a little less in Skyrim than in real life! For one there is magic, and on the other side there are mods! Have you seen what most female characters wear, they are half naked most of the time. So realizim is a bit out of the question at that point! It's as real as you want it to be.

The thing is, male characters sell the badass part much better than female characters do especially if we're talking about fighting open battles and cutting enemies in half! And that's normal, its as it should be. Female characters however can sell the agile "Will only kill if I have to" part of it better than most male characters I've seen, at least they do it with more style. But this is all personal opinion, I wouldn't think too much about it.

I think she fits badass pretty well.

20161012201145_1.jpg

I like pussy, I like cat pussy, I like man hugs, I like females with a protruding vagina, I like men who dress pretty, I like robots in disguise, and well I kinda like it all. I really mostly play females though so I should probably change my vote.

5 hours ago, Veladarius said:

I think she fits badass pretty well.

20161012201145_1.jpg

I'm still gonna keep saying that this is all a matter of opinion!

I can only state my own opinion But frankly her standing there looks too photogenic to be badass, she looks more like she's posing for photo than anything else, well at least it looks like that to me! And it's nothing wrong with that! Some characters just look too stylistic, they are meant to look like that! Hell my current play-threw consist of an angel guy weirdly enough, in couple of shots you'd swear he's girl! But even him, every time he swings a sword or faces an enemy....out comes the meanest and angriest face you've seen a human do! And he genuinely looks like he's rip you limb from limb with his bare hands! I think these female characters are too busy looking good to be badass most of the time, but that's just me! However I do admit I like your character there, especially the armor! Say could you by any chance happen to know what that symbol on her armor is called or what it represents? I keep seeing it everywhere but no one seems to know exactly!

11 minutes ago, TheAwesomeTRex said:

I'm still gonna keep saying that this is all a matter of opinion!

I can only state my own opinion But frankly her standing there looks too photogenic to be badass, she looks more like she's posing for photo than anything else, well at least it looks like that to me! And it's nothing wrong with that! Some characters just look too stylistic, they are meant to look like that! Hell my current play-threw consist of an angel guy weirdly enough, in couple of shots you'd swear he's girl! But even him, every time he swings a sword or faces an enemy....out comes the meanest and angriest face you've seen a human do! And he genuinely looks like he's rip you limb from limb with his bare hands! I think these female characters are too busy looking good to be badass most of the time, but that's just me! However I do admit I like your character there, especially the armor! Say could you by any chance happen to know what that symbol on her armor is called or what it represents? I keep seeing it everywhere but no one seems to know exactly!

The armor is from the Bless Armor pack here on LL. From the looks of the symbols some are a combination cross and fleur de lis while others are an iron cross with similar styling. I have found images online that are very similar to both of these.

As for the screenshot, it is a basic pose of her with a two handed sword over her shoulder as that is the primary weapon type she used after killing a dragon.

Few other shots, first two are different characters using the same armor (it is one of my favorites) then there is my demonic but sexy badass look and last is the cute badass. I do have some that are a bit more of the Rogue type as well as some that go for skimpy. I do try to give my characters a somewhat interesting style.

2015-07-15_00003.jpg

20160531163417_1.jpg

20171031000115_1.jpg

2014-09-01_00001.jpg

20180123083342_1.jpg

20171227112638_1.jpg

I usually play as a male character, as I find it easier to relate with and put myself in their shoes. Furthermore I generally play the race most important to the plot, so Skyrim = Nord and Oblivion = Imperial. I will go off path for later playthroughs, though it is usually still limited to males of a given race.

I do intend on playing an Argonian soon, of which I'll abuse the alchemy loop exploit to make them stupid strong (preferably with the Pugilist enchant). The main reason for doing such is that the lore behind Argonians plays them out as completely weak and pathetic (outside the Oblivion Crisis), so I find it funny to make a godly one. 

Well, so far (as expected) females have the majority but there is a decent amount of interest in most other categories by comparison. I will continue to let the poll run so it will have been open for a week but leave the thread open.

I would be interested in hearing what those who are interested in just females would like to see supported in adult mods, whether they be current mods or a 'wish list' sort of thing. My hope / theory is that if there is more varied content then people would be willing to try other things and maybe inspire some modders (existing or new) to try something new. I believe that by having a broader base can only make things better and more interesting.

23 hours ago, Leiafanman said:

That sounds fun. What mods do you use to initiate the sex? I like defeat but it'd be nice if there was a more blackmail-y or intimidation way. I wish defeat had more of a dialogue tree when you had someone knocked down.

Lots loaded! What I mainly use - For Aggressive; Defeat, Submit and PAHE/HSH. For Consensual; Amorous Adventures, Scent of Sex, Submit (it has a consensual branch using speech skill checks as well as an aggressive branch).

Note 1: In Defeat, if you make the NPC Yield first rather than go straight for rape - there is sort of a (very short) 'intimidate-y' dialogue to go through (Submit has a bit of back and forth as well).

Note 2: There is a mod (the name currently escapes me - perhaps Dohvakin's Infamy or something like that) that is a black mirror to Amorous Adventures where there are a series of intimidation/blackmail-y events for you to engage in. I've never tried it myself because there is some bestiality in it - not that I have anything against that, I just don't use MNC nor have Creature Framework loaded so it'd crash me - but you can check it out.

I pretty much play females never have given much thought into precisely why other than the basic I find them and typically feminine clothing/accessories to be more ascetically pleasing than masculine stuff. That said I do wish there was more beast race support I've always loved argonian's, but I'm mostly stopped playing them because there is very little support for them. As far as mods go I'll play pretty much any quest centered mod regardless of if it's really in my  interests or not more specific than that the whole BDSM kink is probably over-represented here, but since you're specifically asking I wish there was more narrative driven mods (I'm fully aware of why they are rare) and clearly consensual ones.

18 hours ago, Veladarius said:

The armor is from the Bless Armor pack here on LL. From the looks of the symbols some are a combination cross and fleur de lis while others are an iron cross with similar styling. I have found images online that are very similar to both of these.

As for the screenshot, it is a basic pose of her with a two handed sword over her shoulder as that is the primary weapon type she used after killing a dragon.

Few other shots, first two are different characters using the same armor (it is one of my favorites) then there is my demonic but sexy badass look and last is the cute badass. I do have some that are a bit more of the Rogue type as well as some that go for skimpy. I do try to give my characters a somewhat interesting style.

2015-07-15_00003.jpg

20160531163417_1.jpg

20171031000115_1.jpg

2014-09-01_00001.jpg

20180123083342_1.jpg

20171227112638_1.jpg

Thanks for the info about that symbol my fellow! I've been wondering what that was for like forever, turns out its pretty interesting too! I've asked people that happen to decorate their gardens with metal work that had this symbol in it, and even they did not know what that was! Turns that "Lilly Flower" has spread all over the place!

As someone who almost always plays female characters I'd like to see more bondage gear based mods that don't involve chastity or beastality. It sometimes feels like every DD based mod is obsessed with keeping the player locked tragically unfashionable metal panties the entire time (heck both default DD quests are specifically chastity belt based >_>). Or want the player to get bent over by horses & trolls as if the bondage and beastality fetishes are interchangeable.

22 hours ago, Tumai said:

Lots loaded! What I mainly use - For Aggressive; Defeat, Submit and PAHE/HSH. For Consensual; Amorous Adventures, Scent of Sex, Submit (it has a consensual branch using speech skill checks as well as an aggressive branch).

Note 1: In Defeat, if you make the NPC Yield first rather than go straight for rape - there is sort of a (very short) 'intimidate-y' dialogue to go through (Submit has a bit of back and forth as well).

Note 2: There is a mod (the name currently escapes me - perhaps Dohvakin's Infamy or something like that) that is a black mirror to Amorous Adventures where there are a series of intimidation/blackmail-y events for you to engage in. I've never tried it myself because there is some bestiality in it - not that I have anything against that, I just don't use MNC nor have Creature Framework loaded so it'd crash me - but you can check it out.

Ah cool, I'll have to add submit back in, didn't even realize it had an aggressive PC element.

41 minutes ago, MrEsturk said:

As someone who almost always plays female characters I'd like to see more bondage gear based mods that don't involve chastity or beastality. It sometimes feels like every DD based mod is obsessed with keeping the player locked tragically unfashionable metal panties the entire time (heck both default DD quests are specifically chastity belt based >_>). Or want the player to get bent over by horses & trolls as if the bondage and beastality fetishes are interchangeable.

Yeah man I wish there was just a sort of lighter more immersive DD that focused more on realistic medieval bondage devices and, like you said, less chastity more bound sex.

I only play male and I am only really interested in m/m content. Of course I'm in the tiny minority here.

As for what the poster above me said, I'm not so much a fan of chastity. However I like the lighter content more and my dream mod would be something like "get stripped again" but one that is for guys or at least allows for male characters to be stripped too.

Also hoping that the new stocks mod for the really petty crimes from the author of barefoot realism might feature some light tickling and teasing action for both genders.

18 minutes ago, KM100z said:

females 99% of the time I tried with a male gay but I couldn't get into the game >.<

plus my females usually turn into men hating, lesbian loving, dog/wolf loving, cannibals that only eat female flesh lol

Pretty much any 3rd person game that gives me the option between male or female I play as a female, I don't want to stare at the ass of a guy the entire game.

That said I have no issues with male content (gay or straight) and want to try to get modders to expand and include males in their dialogue and provide at least some options for them. Once I update CD for DD for him I plan on making a patch using Vivi's cock cages for the men instead of the belt. I have played with trying it for shemales/futa and having it use the cage instead of a belt but the game would not recognize the device at all, even dialogue conditions that looked for keywords on the character ignored it.

As for my characters they vary quite a bit. I have had demonesque/vampire characters that fed on males primarily (though anyone I killed was fed upon) to Elves that would not eat meat for food and preferred females and pretty much in between. One interesting one I role played was a female who didn't know she was a werewolf. I was using the mod that allowed you to make journals at that point and it was rather interesting writing them with her confusion as to why she kept waking up someplace with no recollection of how she got there.

guys are great. as much as I would love to see more stuff for guys, at the end of the day modders are going to make what interests them most and I can't blame them for that given the time and effort that's going into what they're doing.

instead, honestly I'm just super grateful whenever a mod author chooses to give the men even a tiny bit of attention, even though they aren't interested. It's really thoughtful

1 hour ago, Veladarius said:

Pretty much any 3rd person game that gives me the option between male or female I play as a female, I don't want to stare at the ass of a guy the entire game.

Pretty much the reverse for me, no arguing about preferences I suppose.

But I agree with the poster above me I'm grateful for any attention the guys do receive, I suppose we need more gay modders as Isle of Mara is pretty much the only truly super-gay mod. My dream mod is still something like get stripped again for guys, or at least a version that includes them dialogue and animation-wise.

I've always just kind of found it funny. Like.. men are hairy and gross, and fuck staring at a man's ass all day because, oh the horror,  so men and anyone who likes em can screw off. BUT... bring me some of that beastiality frostbite spider fucking or skeever cunnilingus because that's way cuter

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking anyones preferences at all (although apparently, it's perfectly OK for people to be like, "Why do u like men? Men r gross.", but whatever) . I just find it a little funny that there's probably way more out there for creatures than there is for guys. It's nice when an open minded straight modder throws us a bone, but it's never gonna be a normal or regular thing. The sad truth of the matter is just that people who are interested in guys are just going to have to step up and learn to make the things they want. A lot of great mod authors out there are self taught, so I guess we really have no excuse there

2 hours ago, iwanturpssy said:

I've always just kind of found it funny. Like.. men are hairy and gross, and fuck staring at a man's ass all day because, oh the horror,  so men and anyone who likes em can screw off. BUT... bring me some of that beastiality frostbite spider fucking or skeever cunnilingus because that's way cuter

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking anyones preferences at all (although apparently, it's perfectly OK for people to be like, "Why do u like men? Men r gross.", but whatever) . I just find it a little funny that there's probably way more out there for creatures than there is for guys. It's nice when an open minded straight modder throws us a bone, but it's never gonna be a normal or regular thing. The sad truth of the matter is just that people who are interested in guys are just going to have to step up and learn to make the things they want. A lot of great mod authors out there are self taught, so I guess we really have no excuse there

When I say content for men I mean both straight and gay, few mods that have dialogue that have separate dialogue for males and females as most just have female dialogue. Some mods in the past have gone out of their way to exclude males entirely. But you are correct about there being mod for everything but males for the most part or even specific inclusion in them instead of generic dialogue but obviously aimed towards women.

CD has both male and female dialogue, it started as a request by CGi for translation purposes but I decided to add it so males could play it as well and try to keep it in mind when making new content. I have also been actively supporting DD for Him and a number of other mods by helping to set up the DD items or show the modder how to do it.

As for learning to mod, I had very little knowledge about modding as the most I had done before was modify some house mods for myself in FO3 and FONV. When I started CD I had no clue on scripting but Min was gracious enough to help point me in the right direction (I really needed it at the start, I didn't even know what script properties were). I am always willing as are others to help out when needed.

Overall, my goal is to get modders to consider males when making dialogue and such. I am sure there are a lot of people that would use many of our mods if males were included but most don't bother to look. Perhaps those of us that have mods with male content mark them as having both male and female content so they can see there is something for them.

On 1/30/2018 at 9:51 AM, iwanturpssy said:

This made me laugh. It is so true. I always play female and though I have dabbled in the DD and the Creature Framework universes I never keep them installed for regular game play.

As a straight female player, I find I spend a fair amount of time trying to edit out FF content.  Don't mind when it pops up now and again and I can just opt out but I find that a lot of mods default to or heavily favor FF.  But like you said, if modders are interested in guys they just have to step up.

On 1/30/2018 at 12:46 PM, Veladarius said:

When I say content for men I mean both straight and gay, few mods that have dialogue that have separate dialogue for males and females as most just have female dialogue. Some mods in the past have gone out of their way to exclude males entirely. But you are correct about there being mod for everything but males for the most part or even specific inclusion in them instead of generic dialogue but obviously aimed towards women.

.... (edit)

Overall, my goal is to get modders to consider males when making dialogue and such. I am sure there are a lot of people that would use many of our mods if males were included but most don't bother to look. Perhaps those of us that have mods with male content mark them as having both male and female content so they can see there is something for them.

So ... thank you for creating this incredibly useful and open minded thread.

I'm working on my first LL quest mod right now and had always intended to include dialogue options that would make it organically playable by female and male characters (straight or gay) and this thread just confirmed the need for that ... guess I'm going to have to learn how to make an options menu work ... lol.

6 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

As a straight female player, I find I spend a fair amount of time trying to edit out FF content.  Don't mind when it pops up now and again and I can just opt out but I find that a lot of mods default to or heavily favor FF.  But like you said, if modders are interested in guys they just have to step up.

So ... thank you for creating this incredibly useful and open minded thread.

I'm working on my first LL quest mod right now and had always intended to include dialogue options that would make it organically playable by female and male characters (straight or gay) and this thread just confirmed the need for that ... guess I'm going to have to learn how to make an options menu work ... lol.

I know some mods allow for choosing whether to allow f/f or m/m sex, a good example of this is Random Attack which starts random sex acts between npc's or npc's and the player. It lets you choose what sort of acts are allowed so you can make it so only m/f sex the only option open. It also has settings for beastiality and allows it to be disabled within the mod (of course you can always disable beast animations in SexLab).

You don't really need any options unless it is whether to allow f/f or m/m sex in it, otherwise it is just different dialogue sets with conditions set to look at the player's sex to determine which to use. If you need any help with your mod or want advice just pm me, I am always willing to help out.

The poll is closed but discussion still welcome on the subject.

It is no surprise that Females won the poll and the Female based Shemale / Futa votes and Beast Races could be included in that as well since it was a multiple choice vote. Males fared better than expected with more votes than the Shemale/Futa category so there is definite interest in male content though I feel that those that play males are looking to be in a dominating position rather than a sub (at least that is my guess).

Hopefully this sparks some debate or content that includes male dialogue or items as well as more beast race items. I think overall adding some diversity to our mods would be good for our community and may attract some new people who just passed us by because there was nothing for them here.

Any people able and willing to do models for males or beast races let me know, I know of a number of mods / projects that could use conversions done.

11 hours ago, Veladarius said:

If you need any help with your mod or want advice just pm me, I am always willing to help out.

I'll definitely take you up on that offer. Thanks.  I'm centering the mod on a pirate cove that I hope to use as a hub for various quests that I can work on as separate plug-ins.  Here's a sneak preview of the cove so far (no decor yet, but want to get that, along with a couple of the interiors done this weekend) ... once the cove and a couple of interiors are done I will be settling in to the quests themselves. I want to tie in to the Skyrim guild system (thieves) with my first quest line so wish me luck.

BOVOverview.thumb.jpg.e2e38fe23bb5bb0efe952437a0eea37e.jpgBOVTheatreandTrg.thumb.jpg.e8ccfe9cf4bbe3ae51bd06ca70035d97.jpgBOVCaveShot.thumb.jpg.406a6fe7eec54e1f12fe2c4b8dd8c747.jpg

31 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I'll definitely take you up on that offer. Thanks.  I'm centering the mod on a pirate cove that I hope to use as a hub for various quests that I can work on as separate plug-ins.  Here's a sneak preview of the cove so far (no decor yet, but want to get that, along with a couple of the interiors done this weekend) ... once the cove and a couple of interiors are done I will be settling in to the quests themselves. I want to tie in to the Skyrim guild system (thieves) with my first quest line so wish me luck.

Reveal hidden contents

Looks pretty well done so far.

Archived