Bound Sword

Frankfranky

I never liked the bound sword. I don't like the daedric weapons, so I thought I would have a go at changing it.

I got it to summon an akavairri katana instead and I was able to make that look all blue and shiney, (just nifskope copy paste really), but there is a problem. Two of the effects - refract mesh and flames mesh are shaped like a daedric sword. Here is a pic.

https://i.imgur.com/lXrDCgA.png

The blue flame is the flames mesh. As you can see it kinda hangs underneath the sword. I want it to follow along the sword. The refract mesh is a transparent distortion effect. It has the same shape. So I imported the boundswordenchanteffects.nif into 3ds max to change the shape of the meshes. This was completely straightforward. They are both very basic meshes. I exported them as BsFadeNode and this is where it all started to come off the rails. My .nif export didn't look anything like the original in nifskope. So I began to copy and paste again, replacing only the 2 mesh nodes and then copying the blocks underneath the originals to my new meshes. I thought that, apart from the NiTriShapeData, I had made them exactly the same as Bethesda's. When I tried it in game however, both the flames mesh and refract mesh didn't display.

Clearly I have missed something. Does anyone know about enchantment nifs, BSFadeNodes.... stuff?

Here is my boundswordencheffects.nif from the pic and a version including the changes to flames mesh. I have left the refract mesh completely alone, so you will see the changed sword and the shimmer from the refract mesh but no flames.  If you want to take a look at it in game you will need to also replace the boundsword01.nif with the one attached. Put them all in meshes>weapons>boundweapons

thx

boundswordencheffects.nif

myboundswordencheffects.nif

boundsword01.nif

You need to edit the mesh manually like in blender, don't expect other people to do it for you, your attitude is very "do this for me k thx bye". The enchantment nifs are animated models just like anything else like fire.

I don't feel like explaining the rest because I haven't had my coffee but export the model from NifSkope, import it into Blender, edit it, export it, then reimport it back into the nif.

I'd do it but because people like you need to learn how fucking difficult modding is I'm gonna let you do it yourself.

Here's a video on modeling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOV3VBBYYU8

uhuh.

So you just glossed over the part where I said I imported the nifs into 3ds Max to edit the meshes? You just launched straight into the salt? I am pleased you don't feel like explaining the rest. I will be ok without the aid of you and your poverty 3d software. ty.

1 hour ago, Frankfranky said:

uhuh.

So you just glossed over the part where I said I imported the nifs into 3ds Max to edit the meshes? You just launched straight into the salt? I am pleased you don't feel like explaining the rest. I will be ok without the aid of you and your poverty 3d software. ty.

Holee shit LMFAO

So I would still like to know about the tricks of niTrishapes as they relate to NiBilboardNodes and BsEffectShaderProperty's. I am almost certain that there is a link or an index value or or flag or something in there that holds the key to the vanishing effect meshes. However in the interest of saving Skyrim, time being of the essence, and Delphine being an impatient bitch, I decided to edit the sword mesh instead. If the mountain won't come to Moses, then perhaps Moses can go to the mountain. Or was it Mohammed? Why not make the sword fit the fancy effects instead.

So a quick spin in 3ds max had one of the nice swords from immersive weapons stretched out a bit. I didn't get it quite right the first time around but then I only spent about 60 secs on it. Modding really isn't "fucking difficult" you know. You just need the right tools and a little bit of know-how. Mb it is "fucking difficult" in Blender? I wouldn't be surprised. You do get what you pay for after all.

https://i.imgur.com/3yiTCQw.png

Mb I will even make a brand new custom sword to fit the effects shaders. That might take as much as an hour tho. What is the blender eta on that? A week?

2 hours ago, RussianPrince said:

I'd do it but because people like you need to learn how fucking difficult modding is I'm gonna let you do it yourself.

doubt you can do that with your blabla^^

anyway

180120100511800946.jpg

that's the lazy way

effect is under replaced mesh? move up the effect

you have load the mesh in blender? make the effect less large, replaced mesh isn't as large as original

and you can load the texture in nifkope to not have to load the game to check your edits

7 minutes ago, yatol said:

doubt you can do that with your blabla^^

anyway

180120100511800946.jpg

that's the lazy way

effect is under replaced mesh? move up the effect

you have load the mesh in blender? make the effect less large, replaced mesh isn't as large as original

and you can load the texture in nifkope to not have to load the game to check your edits

The video I posted is me. Lol.

And look at my mods, I'm more than capable of a simple mesh edit.

I also made this:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/74122/

2 hours ago, Frankfranky said:

poverty 3d software.

Lol Blender is superior to 3DS Max because it doesn't use shitty proprietary formats that change with every release, it's free, and can do everything 3DS Max can do but does it better. Tons of professional animation studios use Blender over 3DS Max like Pixar.

11 minutes ago, yatol said:

doubt you can do that with your blabla

Here we go again, not giving talented people enough credit again. Have you seen any of my mods? :smiley:

I apologize for being terse earlier.

43 minutes ago, swmas said:

What about a bound sword that is just like a long skewer with no other features, a ray of light like a quincy arrow, that would be cool.

Well, with Yatol's info added to what I already worked out trying to get a katana in there, now I am fairly confident I can put anything in there. What is Sheagorath's fork called? Horippilation or something? Bound fork anyone?

13 minutes ago, RussianPrince said:

Tons of professional animation studios use Blender over 3DS Max like Pixar.

Pretty sure Pixar uses Maya. In fact I know they do. This is why Maya is the first place all the latest inovations in Opensubdiv are released. Personally I much prefer Maya, but getting  nifs in and out of there is one massive cluster fuck of blind data nodes, broken bones and fbx foolishness. 3ds max may not have the latest import export tools but they still work on the latest release, and there is nothing 3ds max can't do. (I do pine for my hotbox tho. omg the bloody space bar in 3ds max... why does it lock everything? who thought that was a good idea)

13 minutes ago, Frankfranky said:

Pixar uses Maya.

Yeah, now that you mention it I think I read that somewhere. 

The way I do my meshes is the way I learned it, with Blender and Nifskope, and for armors and skinned meshes I use those plus BodySlide.

Now that I've had my coffee, I can explain my process a little better.

In nifskope I export the model as .obj. No matter what the mesh is.

THen, I import it into Blender and do whatever needs to be done with it,

then if it doesn't need skinning, I export as .3ds (3ds max format from before Autodesk started sucking major horsecock).

Then back in NifSkope, I find a mesh that's similar or the original, and import the 3DS over the old model. There's sometimes a need for adjustment within NofSkope, but not always.

If the model needs skinning but I didn't delete any vertices, I can still import the 3DS and touch it up in Bodyslide, but if the mesh requires a reskin I do that in BodySlide.

After that I re-export from Bodyslide, do all my mesh work in NifSkope after it's skinned, and then import it into the Creation Kit.

For a weapon mesh, like the bound sword effect plane, you can usually import an entire .3ds model over that in NifSkope, but sometimes the NIFs don't like that, like the bound bow mesh.

42 minutes ago, RussianPrince said:

Have you seen any of my mods? :smiley:

nope

180120111217631102.jpg

it wasn't skimpy enought so...

180120111212660726.jpg

instead of having sexlab remove everything

180120111215497348.jpg

did that to mess around too

180120120545505554.jpg

daz eyes have a lot of transparent meshes, didn't made the nif to find out in game if skyrim can render that right

27 minutes ago, yatol said:

nope

Well you should check them out before insulting someone who's at least on par with nearly everyone else here who makes good mods. I'm not an animator neither do I have the desire to become one but texturing, modeling, scripting, questing, etc. is all right up my alley.

it's just a glass sword with edited textures...

not sexlab, immersive armors, requiem, dizona...

180120012511181808.jpg

retext by someone that don't feel like learning how to use photoshop or gimp (i stick to paint)

180120012506266105.jpg

the pros would retext with the baking thing

18012001243115292.jpg

that take too much time

Archived