SexoutSex dialogue options no longer showing up.

I'm very new to this whole thing, so I'll try to explain the problem as best as I can.

I installed the Sexout compilation pack. I selected a few plugins, and started a new game. Everything was going swimmingly until my last session. Normally, talking to an NPC gives me a dialogue option "You are one fine piece of ass, babe... There's a party in my pants and you're invited!" (who writes this stuff? O_o) which allows me options to initiate sex with said NPC. That dialogue option mysteriously disappeared in the middle of my latest play session. By the time I worked out that the missing dialogue option wasn't relegated to just the area I was in at the moment, I had already overwritten all my newer quicksaves/autosaves. I have a very old save that I loaded, and the SexoutSex dialogue is fully intact in that save, but it's from dozens of gameplay hours in the past, and I really don't want to lose all that time if I can avoid it.

Here are the steps I've taken so far to try and fix this problem:

1. Load older save - Older save loaded, sex dialogue restored, but old save is too old to be worth using at this point. Would rather live without dialogue sex option than continue from extremely old save.

2. Deactivate SexoutSex, load save with missing dialogue, save, reactivate SexoutSex, load new save. Did not work. Got the idea from here, where the user appeared to have the same problem as me and fixed it with this method. I had no such luck.

3. Same process as #2, only this time deactivating ALL Sexout mods (AKA "clean save" as described here). Did not fix the problem.

4. Completely uninstalling/reinstalling SexoutSex. Problem persists.

5. Installing alternate SexoutSex version (obtained here). Still no dialogue option.

So, I've run out of ideas. Here's my current load order:

FalloutNV.esm

DeadMoney.esm

HonestHearts.esm

OldWorldBlues.esm

LonesomeRoad.esm

GunRunnersArsenal.esm

ClassicPack.esm

MercenaryPack.esm

TribalPack.esm

CaravanPack.esm

NosCo Companion System.esm

ACM NCCS Companion Wheel.esm

AEVegas.esm

CompanionInfAmmo.esm

EZ_CompanionNVSE.esm

NCCS Nos' Premade Companions.esm

NV Child - Shojo Headgear.esm

Playthings.esm

Sexout.esm

SexoutCommonResources.esm

SexoutSlavery.esm

New Vegas Redesigned II.esm

Lings.esm

MikotoBeauty.esm

Shojo Race Vegas.esm

CWDolls.esm

NOS Shiori Kirizaki Shojo Companion.esm

CompTest.esm

Children of the Wasteland.esm

Shojo Neko.esm

CWDollsVanillaRaceChange.esm

Mission Mojave - Ultimate Edition.esp

EZ_GLUE.esp

Readius_NV.esp

The Mod Configuration Menu.esp

CompanionInfAmmoOptional.esp

FalloutNVCheatTerminal.esp

bzArmour.esp

bzBodySuits.esp

New Vegas redesigned- Honest Hearts.esp

EZ_VanillaFollowers.esp

NVWillow.esp

SunnyCompanion.esp

UnlimitedCompanions.esp

MikotoBeauty.esp

StarFox.esp

CWDollsNVFix.esp

EZ_CompanionNVSECW.esp

Sexout How About.esp

SexoutCompanions.esp

SexoutConsequences.esp

SexoutDiscounts.esp

SexoutFadeToBlack.esp

SexoutHookupsAlt.esp

SexoutSexkey.esp

SexoutStore.esp

SexoutTrade.esp

SexoutZAZ.esp

SmallerTalk.esp

AEVegas_101_items.esp

CWClothes - FONVHeadgearForCWDolls.esp

FNV Starfox.esp

a lot of carrying.esp

Siouxsie-Venomous.esp

AEVegas_101_storage.esp

Children of the Wasteland - No Essential.esp

speed glasses.esp

FPT EDE 3 Mikoto NaiNai.esp

Bashed Patch, 0.esp

SexoutSex.esp

Total active plugins: 70

Total plugins: 111

Hopefully someone much, much smarter than I can offer a solution to this problem. Considering that it was working fine up until it stopped working (and still works on the old save), I imagine there's some weird scripting issue to blame, although my knowledge of New Vegas modding is basically zero.

That's wird, FYI, the dialogue was written by Bromm83, myself and jaam. We didn't change the initial "party in my pants" bit, but perhaps we should. I did want to make random approaches by the player (so that is not always the option you get) but I never got around to it.

Your problem is very strange. I have no idea WHY reinstalling it would not work. I was going to recommend you having it last in your load order, but you have already done that. Conversely, try having it before SexoutHowAbout. I have no idea why it would just "stop working" either.

try having it before SexoutHowAbout.

Just tried that. Still no luck. I also tried recreating the conditions that led to the dialogue disappearing using the really old save I had where it still worked, but I couldn't "break" it using that save.

Is there some sort of console command to reset a script or something?

OK I posted an answer here earlier ! Can't find it.

Its not a script, its a quest. You could try resetquest XX000ADD where XX is SexoutSex load order in hexadecimal, but I am not optimistic about that (dialogs should not depend on quest status).

What I would do here is:

uncheck the mod in FOMM.

Load your save and create a new one, quit.

recheck the mod in FOMM.

Load the new save.

Except for MCM settings, there is no permanent value in this mod.

If that doesn't work, your save is corrupt somehow.

What I would do here is:

uncheck the mod in FOMM.

Load your save and create a new one' date=' quit.

recheck the mod in FOMM.

Load the new save.

[/quote']

I had already tried that, as I mentioned in my first post. It didn't work.

However, I believe I've solved the problem myself. Here are the steps I took to do this:

1. Opened Wrye Bash
  2. Unchecked all Sexout mods
  3. Reordered mods w/BOSS
  4. Rebuilt bashed patch
  5. Closed Wrye Bash, Opened FOMM
  6. Launched New Vegas w/Sexout mods disabled
  7. Loaded save w/missing dialogue
  8. Saved game, closed game
  9. Opened FOMM, re-enabled Sexout mods
  10. Launched New Vegas, loaded new save
  11. Dialogue options have returned.

The only drawbacks to this solution is that all the armour I purchased at the Sexout Store has disappeared, and Sunny's appearance has changed.

• 7 months later...

OK I posted an answer here earlier ! Can't find it.

Its not a script, its a quest. You could try resetquest XX000ADD where XX is SexoutSex load order in hexadecimal, but I am not optimistic about that (dialogs should not depend on quest status).

What I would do here is:

uncheck the mod in FOMM.

Load your save and create a new one, quit.

recheck the mod in FOMM.

Load the new save.

Except for MCM settings, there is no permanent value in this mod.

If that doesn't work, your save is corrupt somehow.

In case someone encountered this problem in the future: actually the "resetquest" solution worked for me. I had the problem for a couple of times, each time the only thing I could do was to go back to a working earlier save. But this time I couldn't do that - too much of the game to lose. Maybe it won't work for everyone, but at least it's worth trying.

Yes, I recently had this problem, and it usually happens if you tell someone to follow you via SexoutSex, and then something happens, like the anim breaks, or the follower is killed or you teleport. The SexoutSex "quest" will still think an actor is following you, and the option to talk to other people is disabled because it thinks you're not finished with the previous actor. 

Yes, I recently had this problem, and it usually happens if you tell someone to follow you via SexoutSex, and then something happens, like the anim breaks, or the follower is killed or you teleport. The SexoutSex "quest" will still think an actor is following you, and the option to talk to other people is disabled because it thinks you're not finished with the previous actor. 

Thanks for this explanation. Although I fixed the problem, I was still curious about where the source of it was, to avoid it in the future. Now I have the full picture. :)

Thanks again.

Archived