what's your favorite companion?

Cait and Piper are so pure! I love them both so much! I think if I had to chose, gun to the head, I'd pick Cait just because Katie Townsend's voice makes me melt lol

On 23.2.2018 at 4:02 AM, Debaster said:

Really strange how npc's like Valentine and Gage are voiced so well but the male LW is so ass

O_o

Well Gage is voiced as an authentic badass, in particular with the Nuka-World themes playing in the background. Definitely a character you can feel and relate to, and he's being such an obviously manipulative scumbag that it's almost charming again.

Honestly one of the few characters in Bethesda games where i would listen attentively and thought about my replies - as opposed to let's say Preston, who is just so whiny-depressed and wallowing in self-pity that i would always gladly dismiss him after unlocking his perk. (not to mention the "another settlement needs our help!" hate, haha)

But Valentine???

The same voice actor has also ruined large parts of Skyrim - i have rarely heard such an annoying and unmelodic voice, he just makes my ears bleed and i can't keep my attention for just one whole sentence. No idea how he could get into another casting after his first job for Bethesda.

• 4 weeks later...

I generally don't comment on these type threads, but reading the previous posts got me thinking so I decided to share.

Yes, I had a hard time with Valentine at first because as mentioned, the Voice Actor was used in Skyrim so it continued to break my immersion until I've played enough FO4 and been away from Skyrim enough to move on.

A favorite isn't gonna happen though, as change is key for me to keep playing. I have 2 protagonists to choose from, several combat builds to adopt, multiple factions, so companions won't be any different. I think all the voice actors did a fantastic job (given the scripts they had to work with) and truly empower their NPC's with personality. That said, the amount of script available for any vanilla companion (DLC included) is rather limited, so after awhile I find them becoming annoying. This is a travesty considering my appreciation of the voice actor's contributions, so it falls on Bethesda for being 'cheap'.

I will look into the Nate/Nora combo mod eventually, but I find My BOS play through totally worth having Heather Casdin along for reasons mentioned above. With a few Dogmeat mods like 'No opening doors' and other AI tweaks, plus UCO's ability to change his looks, Dogmeat becomes a staple if I want to use the lone wanderer perks. Having Strong around for the Nuka World Raider choice is a nice way to keep Gage from becoming stale (plus having a super mutant as a sidekick feels naturally intimidating).

On my Minuteman play through, the perv in me really enjoys the new companion Ivy. Besides her witty banter, the fact the mod author has decided to use a computer generated voice allows so much dialogue it puts every other companion to shame. Seeing how she doesn't like the BOS in general, I'm wondering if I should have used her in my current A.S.I.A. play through (yes, she can be quite deviant with a female protagonist as well).

*I've yet to recruit Dayna from Fusion City, or use Ash (yes, THAT Ash) Williams from Outcasts and Remnants mod. So as my new game play through's become more defined, albeit shorter, FO4 still has some life left in it!

It's difficult to have any favorites when they're all so aggravatingly stupid. All the complaints about picking up salvage. Breaking stealth to walk out into the open and do color commentary about locations, thus attracting the attention of all nearby hostiles. Attacking hostiles even if they haven't actually found you yet. And let's not get started on the pathing issues that cause them to run off to who-the-fuck-knows and aggro shit like there's no tomorrow...

Curie's apparent inability to get it into her thick skull that police and coroners no longer exist is particularly annoying. She's supposed to be the smartest of them, yet she seems to be the most retarded. This doesn't exactly make me less inclined to consider Bethesda a bunch of overrated hacks who only excel at one thing (if any), namely making platforms for modders.

There are so many to chose from.

1) my own clone via spawndupe command.

2) Tori she is a little cutie, especially if you put a pair of cat ears and glasses on her. :smile:

3) Nora

4) Doppelganger

5) Piper

6) Synth character clones (this would be higher if the synths had all female voices.)

7) Mandy

8) Curie

9) Female Dogmeat

10) 06 and Frost

Archived