Weird black triangle things on female body

This issue has never happened before, and just started happening for some reason. I have no idea why.

I use 7B bombshell body, XPMSE, and Tetrochromatic ENB, if that matters any. Figured this may be an ENB or body issue, but again, not sure. I'll post my modlist if needed.

These weird triangle things move with the light as well and are only on all female NPCs and my character. Even if I make my character/NPCs nude, the pattern will be there, so it isn't an armor replacer mod causing this or anything.

I tried searching for this problem up online but to no avail. I'd rather post this here on LoversLab instead of r/skyrimmods since the subreddit doesn't tend to help much, from my experience. If anyone can help with this issue it'd be greatly appreciated. I'm not all that amazing at modding so if you do help please dumb it down a lot for me, lol.

20171206052201_1.thumb.jpg.92089feb38fe6cc6271f192cce63b058.jpg

edit: i meant triangles not hexagons

edit 2: fixed it nvm

• 7 months later...

Apologies about the thread necromancy, but for anyone suffering from this issue in the future who finds this post, this is caused by your body texture file being over a certain size and not having mipmaps.

To fix it you need to open the file then re-save it while generating mipmaps. You can do this with Gimp if you get the plugin that lets you edit DDS files(the texture files). when you select the save option it will have an option to generate mipmaps. I would recommend you also do it for the normal/specular maps as well (_n.dds and whatnot) just to cover all your bases.

• 3 years later...
On 7/26/2018 at 9:48 PM, conflabbit said:

Apologies about the thread necromancy, but for anyone suffering from this issue in the future who finds this post, this is caused by your body texture file being over a certain size and not having mipmaps.

To fix it you need to open the file then re-save it while generating mipmaps. You can do this with Gimp if you get the plugin that lets you edit DDS files(the texture files). when you select the save option it will have an option to generate mipmaps. I would recommend you also do it for the normal/specular maps as well (_n.dds and whatnot) just to cover all your bases.

lifesaver

9 hours ago, nehir12 said:

lifesaver

It's the mipmaps rather than the file size as such. It manifests more with the body texture because the body texture is the largest of the files.

The program you need is Ordenador

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/12801

Run it on your texture folder with only the 'add mipmaps' option ticked. It will take a while (~30 mins) depending on your PC and the size of your texture folder.