Ugly ENB Glitch

Z0mBieP00Nani

That indicates running out of texture memory.

You may have the VRAM size set incorrectly, or your texture load may simply be too high. Compressing and reducing texture sizes usually fixes this problem, I use Ordenador to automate the process.

Black flames is usually due to incorrect settings in the Fire shader, or the particle shader. As I recall, it has to do with the environment lighting settings being too high.

1 hour ago, Pauduan said:

You may have the VRAM size set incorrectly, or your texture load may simply be too high. Compressing and reducing texture sizes usually fixes this problem, I use Ordenador to automate the process.

Black flames is usually due to incorrect settings in the Fire shader, or the particle shader. As I recall, it has to do with the environment lighting settings being too high.

Thanks, I'll take a look at that.

10 hours ago, Pauduan said:

Compressing, especially Ordenador is a bad piece of advice.

Only recommended for fans of artifacts. ;)

If no age-old ENB, then in enblocal.ini change this line.

AutodetectVideoMemorySize=false

in

AutodetectVideoMemorySize=true

But it's not really an ENB problem.
It is an age-old problem in Skyrim that textures are rendered before 3dObject is really loaded. If Tri's - speak Slider, in particular Morphs e.g. used by BodySlide - the Creation Engine is fast in the end.

ShowraceMenu and / or cell replacement can fix the problem - sometimes only temporarily.

If HDT is used in enblocal.ini this should be:

WaitBusyRenderer = true
EnableFPSLimit = true
FPSLimit = 60.0
(or FPSLimit = 64)

GPU itself and CPU layers must be in sync!

If it happens more often in the course of the game, check if HighRes textures (not to be confused with compression) are used by Mods or Bethesda.

Or too many replacers = fragmentation of RAM, VRAM and shitty load times.

Note: Shift + F4 can be used to clean the VRAM (with ENB)

18 hours ago, Andy14 said:

Compressing, especially Ordenador is a bad piece of advice.

Only recommended for fans of artifacts. ;)

Weird, I don't remember seeing any artifacts after doing this. nVidia maybe? On y puny little 7750 with 1GB Vram, it was compress or bust. I did have some banding in the .msn files, but a bit of SSS fixed that up.

I used it last week to reclaim a few fps by resizing and compressing SFO textures and it worked a treat and looked great. I see no artifacts and zero visual difference. Maybe the fans of artifacts are doing something wrong then.

Archived