Skimpy clothes and armour replacer

whew. i thought it was like how i used nmm but everyone else used mo and i thought why? and then i started using (a few days ago) MO and boy is it great! i thought uunp and cbbe was same kinda deal. also, while this forum topic is still up... which walk animation do you guys use? i've been using FNIS sexy walk, but it doesn't work with 360 walk and so i was looking for a replacement.

On 11/21/2017 at 12:32 AM, johntrine said:

i don't know if it sounds hilarious or annoying but you lost me at .obj file. i've read this post for a minute but my mind refuses to understand it. also, the bodyslide studio and the meshes generated by it, both are at the last of my mod order list... i think that's what i'm supposed to do? maybe?

So glad you said that so I didn't have to. I've been unable to understand outfit studio after reading up and watching numerous videos. Using the features within the app is simple enough, but what to import and where to export - nah, not getting it. but I'm not going to give up just yet. As per load order, I load Bodyslide after all the animations and before any npc body replacers.

On 11/21/2017 at 3:33 AM, johntrine said:

right. i forgot to mention. i use CBBE.... is CBBE bad? everyone here seems to use UNP

The things I mentioned come in both flavors, CBBE and UUNP. Many outfit mods do which is great. As far as CBBE vs UUNP ? I use UNP based stuff because I find UUNP Special to be far more flexible as far as body types go (having different bodies in the game etc., more immersion) and far less trouble then CBBE + COS combo. Its just easier for me to set up, work with bodyslide, more stable, less drama and less chance to crash.

Shinshi was another great skimpy mod, it had a bunch of clothing and whatnot that was made transparent / translucent. Very nice. But I did have some issues with it, caused me some problems with my other clothing mods so had to uninstall. You can look it up too, its posted somewhere here on LL if not the nexus.

CBBE is fine and I think there is just as many UUNP outfits out there I think it also depends on where the person is as some areas seem to prefer specific body types over other ones. Me I use UUNP when I first started playing skyrim I used CBBE but soon threw it away as UNP to me had a better look and didn't look like it was carved out of a stone block and with bodylisde many convert the stuff they want to their preferred body type.

I also still use NMM though it's a older build that doesn't get upgraded. I use it because I have done it enough that I know what to look for and how to do it to prevent problems and conflicts I also know to manually install mods as well and what to watch out for.

3 hours ago, myuhinny said:

CBBE is fine and I think there is just as many UUNP outfits out there I think it also depends on where the person is as some areas seem to prefer specific body types over other ones. Me I use UUNP when I first started playing skyrim I used CBBE but soon threw it away as UNP to me had a better look and didn't look like it was carved out of a stone block and with bodylisde many convert the stuff they want to their preferred body type.

I also still use NMM though it's a older build that doesn't get upgraded. I use it because I have done it enough that I know what to look for and how to do it to prevent problems and conflicts I also know to manually install mods as well and what to watch out for.

i used nmm too. then i took a mod organiser to the knee... (obvious meme is obvious). but does that means uunp has better look?

Depends on what look you are going for CBBE generally is the big body type bodies while UUNP tends to be the more realistic looks and smaller features there are still some bodies that are bigger in size. With bodyslide if you like UUNP and CBBE you can use UUNP as your base and then use the preset to set it to the CBBE body that you like but the difference will be that the UUNP will still be using the UUNP body textures so there won't be any texture oddities like you get is you wear a CBBE armor while using UUNP textures. Or you can do it the other way and use CBBE that way instead.

1 hour ago, myuhinny said:

Depends on what look you are going for CBBE generally is the big body type bodies while UUNP tends to be the more realistic looks and smaller features there are still some bodies that are bigger in size. With bodyslide if you like UUNP and CBBE you can use UUNP as your base and then use the preset to set it to the CBBE body that you like but the difference will be that the UUNP will still be using the UUNP body textures so there won't be any texture oddities like you get is you wear a CBBE armor while using UUNP textures. Or you can do it the other way and use CBBE that way instead.

too complicated for a noob like me. btw. i kinda have a problem. for some reason. my game now ctd. i don't know why. i dont know how. and it's so annoying. any idea on how to easily find the culprit mod?

Try this start the game and when you get to the start new game option hit the ~ key to bring up the games console screen and type in coc qasmoke then hit enter. Once the game loads in the games testing hall bring up the load screen and select the save you were trying to load if it loads up without crashing then that'll tell you that you have a lot of scripted mods installed in your game.

When you load a save right from the start page it loads the save file up and every single solitary script file that is active in that save file will all try to load up at the same time which usually results in a CTD and it's even more so on older computers. By using the COC and then loading the save you bypass that from happening.

If you still CTD then you might have a corrupted save file and that would mean that one of your mods is causing it.

26 minutes ago, myuhinny said:

Try this start the game and when you get to the start new game option hit the ~ key to bring up the games console screen and type in coc qasmoke then hit enter. Once the game loads in the games testing hall bring up the load screen and select the save you were trying to load if it loads up without crashing then that'll tell you that you have a lot of scripted mods installed in your game.

When you load a save right from the start page it loads the save file up and every single solitary script file that is active in that save file will all try to load up at the same time which usually results in a CTD and it's even more so on older computers. By using the COC and then loading the save you bypass that from happening.

If you still CTD then you might have a corrupted save file and that would mean that one of your mods is causing it.

i'm pretty sure i've got a mod that automatically does the coc smoke thing. so i take it it's a mod?

extra: i tried using save cleaner for old and new save and it crashed. looking online shows i need crash fix. but it's already installed.

Archived