Dead Or Alive Xtreme Venus Vacation - Modding Thread and Discussion -

28 minutes ago, kholdy said:

Hot off the 2ch presses, here's a compilation of expression mods for all characters. All of them are in JP so unless you can read that, you'll have to learn by trial & error.

All credit goes to the original modder on 2ch.

https://mega.nz/#!vA9VWIha!KC8Kcx8eY09ps_zkd3G7kStm5TbpkV4Kb1RRgyU4K74

Edit: Someone also improved the Black Hair mod for Marie. File is attached.

Marie_BlackHair.zip

thanks kholdy!

7 hours ago, neych said:

Thanks! I found Nepafu on Steam. It seems to me that this is hopeless. He is often asked to fix scripts for different games, but he does nothing.

? Excluding Nepathu no one knows how to work with the program CE???
Someone will try their hand at it?

Any ideas?

On 8/25/2018 at 12:20 PM, KuroKaze78 said:

Changing the textures should be relatively easy. It should be about the same as replacing the textures of a suit.

Example: BlackHair_Marie.zip

Note this is a rough mod just to show how it can be done. I was also lazy and just did replacements of the texture load rather than associating it with each mesh draw so there may be side-effects. Also, didn't look yet to see if you can change the sheen, or if there are still some uncolored textures mixed in which is why it doesn't look completely correct. But like i mentioned, this was just a proof of concept.

DOAX-VenusVacation_180825_220253.thumb.jpg.bac2a5c24f4eb809aead626a7d275679.jpg

While technically replacing the actual mesh for the hair is likely possible. However, because we can't change the armatures I'd imagine transferring weights would prove highly difficult to make it look right on new hair models if you wanted them to move.

Did I understand correctly that if we transfer a hairstyle, for example from DOA5, then it will motionless in DOAXVV? :(

54 minutes ago, jijijoe said:

Did I understand correctly that if we transfer a hairstyle, for example from DOA5, then it will motionless in DOAXVV? :(

Doesn't have to be motionless, but whomever ports it to DOAXVV has to transfer weights and vertex groups. Which means, you're pretty constrained to the existing vertex groups of the original hair in the replacement, so depending on what you are trying to port you may be stuck compromising with motionless or only partial movement to port it at all. I'd imagine hair models are usually more complicated compared to the suits. For example, When i looked at Marie's twin tail hair, a typical suit usually has 3-10 different pieces to it that are drawn separately. Marie's twin tail hair by itself had 49 different pieces to it.

3 minutes ago, KuroKaze78 said:

Doesn't have to be motionless, but whomever ports it to DOAXVV has to transfer weights and vertex groups. Which means, you're pretty constrained to the existing vertex groups of the original hair in the replacement, so depending on what you are trying to port you may be stuck compromising with motionless or only partial movement to port it at all. I'd imagine hair models are usually more complicated compared to the suits. For example, When i looked at Marie's twin tail hair, a typical suit usually has 3-10 different pieces to it that are drawn separately. Marie's twin tail hair by itself had 49 different pieces to it.

Is it possible to merge those modded 49 pieces into single one and only replace "one" of the original hair pieces and hide other unused?

It would be possible to merge the 49, but that doesn't mean it'll make it easier on the modder to make it work. Anyhow, I'm probably just going to stop pitching into the discussion of replacing hair models. All I'm doing is theorizing from what I understand about replacing suits onto how someone could do the same techniques with Hair models, but until someone actually attempts to do so, there'll likely be unknowns and obstacles to overcome and I don't have plans on personally dealing with hairs all that much.

Anyways, I've updated the AradiaLace mod with support for Honoka and Luna. Also adjusted the choker to be nearly flush with the neckline to minimize some of the issues caused by the transparent blending.

DOAXVV_HonokaLuna_AradiaLace.thumb.jpg.c0f61845759abf09e67aad669bbab47a.jpg

On 8/23/2018 at 6:17 AM, knight77 said:

New Event, new revealing Outfit:

Reveal hidden contents

DOAX-VenusVacation_180823_112101.thumb.jpg.c5b43c6878b1a121174ba2972f40e676.jpgRacing.thumb.jpg.22d1bdd6003548c9ce00778fe72e9cbe.jpg

SSR_Event_Racing.rar

P.S.: This thread was allways kinda messy, but now there are so many useless posts of random picture posts and questions about the game in general, which could easily be answered in the reddit section.

Please people, try to keep this thread only about modding THIS game.

Is there a version of this w/o sandals?

15 hours ago, FF3 said:

? Excluding Nepathu no one knows how to work with the program CE???
Someone will try their hand at it?

Any ideas?

If this script were so easy to fix, it would have been done a couple of weeks ago.

This is my idea.

Spoiler

5 hours ago, KuroKaze78 said:

It would be possible to merge the 49, but that doesn't mean it'll make it easier on the modder to make it work. Anyhow, I'm probably just going to stop pitching into the discussion of replacing hair models. All I'm doing is theorizing from what I understand about replacing suits onto how someone could do the same techniques with Hair models, but until someone actually attempts to do so, there'll likely be unknowns and obstacles to overcome and I don't have plans on personally dealing with hairs all that much.

Anyways, I've updated the AradiaLace mod with support for Honoka and Luna. Also adjusted the choker to be nearly flush with the neckline to minimize some of the issues caused by the transparent blending.

DOAXVV_HonokaLuna_AradiaLace.thumb.jpg.c0f61845759abf09e67aad669bbab47a.jpg

Beautiful! Thank you very much for all mods!

9 hours ago, amiga5000 said:

非常に奇妙な、すべてが大丈夫と思われる。

一度に.iniを有効にすることを確認してください、いずれにせよ、私はダウンロードを投稿します

Misaki_Wedding.zip

https://metalab.jp/

DOAX-VenusVacation_180827_221337.thumb.jpg.46aaccb7944a4b4618c7653d5cafb7fa.jpg

トランスペアレント

DOAX-VenusVacation_180827_221127.thumb.jpg.3c0eaf1fc3f8b15805a46383544fc41e.jpg

トップレス

DOAX-VenusVacation_180827_221153.thumb.jpg.ad94c68dd6c1d55c58e7005c52eb56ca.jpg

Thank you for checking!

I tried a new download and reinstall the game, but it was the same.
I may be making a basic mistake, I will try to find it.

I am very grateful for your work. Thank you.