Female VA/writer looking for collaborators!

peytonhaley__

Hello everyone,

I'm just posting here because I'm looking for people who need a VA role filled, or simply have a project that could use another voice/perspective. 

Experience: I have a bunch of varied voice acting experience outside of the modding community with machinimas, but I am involved in 2 writing projects and 5 VA roles that are in-progress right now. Each project is utterly unique in its own right, which is keeping me versatile.

Skills: I have a clear, professional condenser microphone as well as a comfortable knowledge of audacity, I can do audio effects if that is required of the role. I also am a writer who can pitch dialogue all day, as well as develop a truly life-like character if you need the help or just someone to brainstorm with. I have typically been casted in more character-y roles than the innocent leading lady, as my voice and acting style in general favours complex, cunning [censored] and playful, wild spirits. However, at the end of the day I am very flexible and enthusiastic to tackle any material you might have for me.

About Me: I'm an ENFP. At my core, I'm really just a person who lives on collaboration and creativity, I love to create with others and am frequently inspired. More than anything, I'm just seeking like-minded people to explore my passions with. I'm painstakingly working on a companion mod of my own right now, which will probably never see the light of day considering my technical proficiency is not anywhere on the level of my creativity, hence why I could really use someone to collaborate with.

Please don't hesitate to contact me, I really want to help you with your project in any way I can!

32 minutes ago, peytonhaley__ said:
Spoiler

Hello everyone,

I'm just posting here because I'm looking for people who need a VA role filled, or simply have a project that could use another voice/perspective. 

Experience: I have a bunch of varied voice acting experience outside of the modding community with machinimas, but I am involved in 2 writing projects and 5 VA roles that are in-progress right now. Each project is utterly unique in its own right, which is keeping me versatile.

Skills: I have a clear, professional condenser microphone as well as a comfortable knowledge of audacity, I can do audio effects if that is required of the role. I also am a writer who can pitch dialogue all day, as well as develop a truly life-like character if you need the help or just someone to brainstorm with. I have typically been casted in more character-y roles than the innocent leading lady, as my voice and acting style in general favours complex, cunning [censored] and playful, wild spirits. However, at the end of the day I am very flexible and enthusiastic to tackle any material you might have for me.

About Me: I'm an ENFP. At my core, I'm really just a person who lives on collaboration and creativity, I love to create with others and am frequently inspired. More than anything, I'm just seeking like-minded people to explore my passions with. I'm painstakingly working on a companion mod of my own right now, which will probably never see the light of day considering my technical proficiency is not anywhere on the level of my creativity, hence why I could really use someone to collaborate with.

Please don't hesitate to contact me, I really want to help you with your project in any way I can!

Absolutely could use your VA skills if you're offering!  I'm not ready for that phase with my mod yet (Sexy Bandit Captives) but will be in coming months I hope.  I'm not a modder who is writing; I'm a writer who is modding.  Even a preliminary trial could help me get my feet wet in the voiced aspect of modding since I don't have the equipment or audio software experience.  Fair warning: it's a dialogue based mod and there are currently over 1000 lines, with more planned.

And I'm everything you've probably ever heard or read about being an INFJ . . . and I know we "NF" types love to help! 

VA skills are a valuable asset to this community so welcome aboard.
I have a certain project in the works but it is still not ready to involve voice actors just yet it needs to cook a little more.
I will certainly contact you then if you are interested... Well I hope you find a project that interests you in the meantime. Good VA skills are rare skills on this site.

Cheers!

12 hours ago, Grine said:

VA skills are a valuable asset to this community so welcome aboard.
I have a certain project in the works but it is still not ready to involve voice actors just yet it needs to cook a little more.
I will certainly contact you then if you are interested... Well I hope you find a project that interests you in the meantime. Good VA skills are rare skills on this site.

Cheers!

Thanks so much for the friendly welcome! :)

Please take your time with your project, I'll be patient. I'd love to hear about the basic jist of it though if you'd like to shoot me a PM whenever.

18 hours ago, peytonhaley__ said:

Hello everyone,

hello and welcome, peytonhaley__,

some questions, if i may;

• "I have a bunch of varied voice acting experience outside of the modding community with Machinimas" — are the latter online? if so, can you share some links so one can actually get to know your voice and VA skills?
  • "I have a clear, professional condenser microphone" — if you don't mind telling: which brand and model? also, do you use any other ob gear such as preamps, compressors, and so forth? and, if it applies: any proficiency with DAWs such as ProTools, Logic X, et al?
  • "at the end of the day I am very flexible and enthusiastic to tackle any material" — i see you're Canadian; do you speak any language other than English?

and, perhaps a weird final question: can you sing? :)

thanks for your time; i wish you the very best.

E.

p.s.: my apologies. if you prefer, please PM me. cheers.

27 minutes ago, TomatoEddie said:

hello and welcome, peytonhaley__,

some questions, if i may;

• "I have a bunch of varied voice acting experience outside of the modding community with Machinimas" — are the latter online? if so, can you share some links so one can actually get to know your voice and VA skills?
  • "I have a clear, professional condenser microphone" — if you don't mind telling: which brand and model? also, do you use any other ob gear such as preamps, compressors, and so forth? and, if it applies: any proficiency with DAWs such as ProTools, Logic X, et al?
  • "at the end of the day I am very flexible and enthusiastic to tackle any material" — i see you're Canadian; do you speak any language other than English?

and, perhaps a weird final question: can you sing? :)

thanks for your time; i wish you the very best.

E.

With regards to the machinimas, the reason I have nothing to link is because I am getting into VA-ing after a long absence. Starting about 4 years ago, I appeared in 11 sims 2-3 machininas and both a Castlevania and Silent Hill 2 dub. Unfortunately a lot of these projects have been lost to youtube, as well as my channel, not enough for a good demo or even a good example of the state of my talent now. I also have experience with acting through 8 school/local theatre projects in the past (I am 22 now). I have been asking people to simply contact me with their projects and any sample lines they might have, so that I can audition that way. 

With regards to the microphone, it's a Rode NT-USB. I don't use any other gear with it, nor have I dabbled with DAWs (I am open to trying however) although I am extremely comfortable with Audacity. 

I only speak minimal French unfortunately! Again, I'd have to know the extent of what you're looking for.

And yes, I can sing! I can do the bard-style in-game if that interests you. I'm not professionally-trained, but my voice definitely is on-brand with the game. I guess I'd say, modestly, I'm better than the vanilla bards.

19 minutes ago, Weird-Feathers said:

Do you do voice work for adult content? Like NPCs centered around sex? Is there any type of content you wont do?

I mostly go on a case by case basis with that. Although I will say I won't do anything explicit, only suggestive sexual themes/context. And if it doesn't have a semblance of immersion or plot to it even less likely, to be honest. 

1 hour ago, hurpadurpaman said:

I'd recommend a demo of some sort to display your range, emotion, singing, and any other relevant skills you'd want to include.  You can use scenes from film/television/theater or even skyrim if you're unsure of what to use.  

She really doesn't have to demonstrate anything - voice actresses are in extremely high demand.  I am having such a hard time getting female VOs for my mod I would literally take any woman who can enunciate clearly.

Archived