Just Want Advice

lans139

If i want to delete follower mod not scripted in save game will make problem or not?

There is always the risk of problems when changing anything in your load order mid game.

It's just a risk you have to take.. but there are some things you can do to alleviate any problems.

1- make a back up of your save game first.  Also Make sure to remember the exact spot the mod is in your load order.  Best to just save a copy of your load order somewhere.

2- make sure to dismiss your follower before removing them.

3 - after you remove your mod, make sure to run something like resaver. http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2885-fallrimtools-script-cleaner-and-more/.

Make sure there are no orphaned scripts running.

4 - You can stick something else in the spot the follower was in your load order to prevent a change in the order of the other mods..  something you can replace later like another follower mod or a minimalistic override.

Not really.

Take away all the things you have given the follower.

Deselect quests from follower - if available.

Dismiss the follower.

Save and close.

Disable ESP.

Run and load - Click away warning.

Wait a few minutes, save and close.

Clean up this savegame.

If i want to delete follower mod not scripted in save game will make problem or not?

There is always the risk of problems when changing anything in your load order mid game.

It's just a risk you have to take.. but there are some things you can do to alleviate any problems.

1- make a back up of your save game first.  Also Make sure to remember the exact spot the mod is in your load order.  Best to just save a copy of your load order somewhere.

2- make sure to dismiss your follower before removing them.

3 - after you remove your mod, make sure to run something like resaver. http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2885-fallrimtools-script-cleaner-and-more/.

Make sure there are no orphaned scripts running.

4 - You can stick something else in the spot the follower was in your load order to prevent a change in the order of the other mods..  something you can replace later like another follower mod or a minimalistic override.

i use save cleaner

https://rd.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52363

and i do every point from  what did u say but point number 4 didn't undrstand it will

i use save cleaner

and i do every point from  what did u say but point number 4 didn't undrstand it will

It is not necessary to do point number 4.   But if you want to do it,  you can put another follower in the same spot as the old one.   Or an empty ESP to hold the slot.  This will make sure that every other mod keeps the same spot in your load list.

SKSE usually can tell when the order changes and makes adjustments... but there are a very few number of mods that can have problems if you change their spot in the list.  The important thing to look at is the MOD INDEX number.  This number marks everything from that mod in your game with that index.  Some mods can have problems if this changes.  But it is rare.

i use save cleaner

It is not necessary to do point number 4.   But if you want to do it,  you can put another follower in the same spot as the old one.   Or an empty ESP to hold the slot.  This will make sure that every other mod keeps the same spot in your load list.

SKSE usually can tell when the order changes and makes adjustments... but there are a very few number of mods that can have problems if you change their spot in the list.  The important thing to look at is the MOD INDEX number.  This number marks everything from that mod in your game with that index.  Some mods can have problems if this changes.  But it is rare.

Ok thanks for  elucidation and ur time i will try that.

Sorry just question how to make empty ESP?

not hard to do (simple instructions)

open ck

select skyrim.esm as active file

make a new iron dagger (just change the form name)

make sure to have it make a new form

save the new esp

close ck

or search for mod called placeholders where I made several of them for those who don't know how, or just don't want to do it themselves.

I made that mod a while ago for reason number 4 in post by Lodakai (I have a few mods with scripts that will break otherwise).

Sorry just question how to make empty ESP?

open ck

save the new esp

close ck

or search for mod called placeholders where I made several of them for those who don't know how, or just don't want to do it themselves.

I made that mod a while ago for reason number 4 in post by Lodakai (I have a few mods with scripts that will break otherwise).

Ok i unistall follower mod was yvona by the way and play the game with out point number 4 no ctd for this time but skyrim my big shock game :sleepy:  so make backup however yvona esp was under load order just 5 esp under it whith them bached and duel Shetah batch i think thats will amm maybe point number 4 will not make any thing don't know realy  :dodgy:  but when i clean with save cleaner delete 7 script from my save game.

sorry for my bad english.

with that few following the mod you removed you should probably be ok...but its not a sure thing

scripted mods tend to be more finicky about staying in the exact same spot.  what that means is that if a scripted mod comes after the mod you removed you should check

that the scripted mod still acts correctly after the removal and cleaning.

with that few following the mod you removed you should probably be ok...but its not a sure thing

scripted mods tend to be more finicky about staying in the exact same spot.  what that means is that if a scripted mod comes after the mod you removed you should check

Omg and how i do that :blink: :blink:

the following was

JlvGmes.jpg

the following was

JlvGmes.jpg

if those are the only mods after the one you removed I would suggest you just rebuild the last 2 patches (just to be safe). (bashed patch and Dual sheath redux patch).

the rest should be ok.

the following was

JlvGmes.jpg

if those are the only mods after the one you removed I would suggest you just rebuild the last 2 patches (just to be safe). (bashed patch and Dual sheath redux patch).

the rest should be ok.

ok thanxs for u time valcon I really appreciate this.

no problem Lans139

everyone starts somewhere, and I was helped tons by others as I began to learn (and there are others that still know a ton more than I do).

in time you will be able to help others too..... it just takes time to learn, and most users here will help whenever they can.

open ck

save the new esp

close ck

I made some placeholders to keep things in order for upgrading POP and the like as I like to clean before the upgrade, but I never made a new form as it seems to save as an esp without needing any changes.

On something different I was using CK to add some clothing from a mod to an existing one by using duplicate but just changing the form name and creating a new form is a better way as you don't get the DUPLICATE001 stuck at the end, though I assume if you change the name and don't create a form it does simply change the name. Thanks for that tip :)

Archived