Perk based dialogue and scripts - more questions!

Do you have any topic in the greeting? If not, are you using a script and startConversation with your topic? If not, there's no other "official" way to get a topic to appear. There has to be a valid path to it from GREETING, or an explicit call. At least that's how I remember it to work.

Open FNVEdit and make sure you don't have an accidental/unintentional greeting modification. Even if you had one at one time and then removed greeting from your quest list, I think modifications you make to greeting remain there, perhaps with invalid/ignored conditions.

Do you have a "hasperk" condition' date=' set on target?

The speech checkbox & AV/perk check dropdown don't do everything by themselves. They pretty much just show the player there's a special condition (& award some xp too, maybe).

[/quote']

Aah, no I don't. Maybe that is the issue!? I thought the speech checkbox/ AV/perk thingie did it all by itself. I'm going to try this.

Also, what is the difference between target and subject? I assume subject is the person speaking, but that could be either me or the NPC.

For example, if I only want a particular line to be spoken by men, would this be a correct condition?

S GetIsSex Male == 1

?

Do you have any topic in the greeting? If not' date=' are you using a script and startConversation with your topic? If not, there's no other "official" way to get a topic to appear. There has to be a valid path to it from GREETING, or an explicit call. At least that's how I remember it to work.

Open FNVEdit and make sure you don't have an accidental/unintentional greeting modification. Even if you had one at one time and then removed greeting from your quest list, I think modifications you make to greeting remain there, perhaps with invalid/ignored conditions.

[/quote']

No I haven't added anything to the "greeting" topic. I'm not using any script or startconversation with my topic either.

I'll give FNVedit a check later.

Thanks again!

Aah' date=' no I don't. Maybe that is the issue!? I thought the speech checkbox/ AV/perk thingie did it all by itself. I'm going to try this.

Also, what is the difference between target and subject? I assume subject is the person speaking, but that could be either me or the NPC.

For example, if I only want a particular line to be spoken by men, would this be a correct condition?

S GetIsSex Male == 1

? [/quote']

Yes, in normal player-to-npc dialogue, a condition check "on subject" is always npc, "on target" always the player.