[Solved] CBBE vs UNP vs CoS and Armors

Hi!

I'm sure some can't stand this question anymore, so if there's any obvious links I missed, tell me.

Anyway, with my current plan to make a fresh Skyrim install, I also thought about which body mod I should be using. To answere that, I probably should know what the differences are.

In my understanding, those mods change the meshes of the characters, which in turn means armors designed for one type, are unlikely to work as well for an other, if at all. Is there any way to make armors compatible for a different type? Probably using Bodyslide/Outfit Studio?

Also, last time I played, I used Clams of Skyrim. As far as I could tell it worked as intended. But I'm not really sure. It's based on CBBE, so those armors should work without any problems, right?

Regarding the difference, I've been wondering what the actual difference is. Since I usually created my own using Bodyslide, is there actually anything different? Or do they simply get overridden?

I also saw Body Change https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/37546/? mentioned in one of the topics here. Is that any good? Is it redundant or still useful?

I originally didn't want to post this, since I was a ) sure that there's a lot of information out there and b ) I figured it's largely a matter of preference.

Turns out there is indeed a ton of similar questions. But at least the topics I found were from 2014 or older and I'm pretty sure things have changed a bit since. Clams of Skyrim for one was never mentioned.

Now, there is not one that is better than the other.

It is a matter of preference.

But Bodyslide works with both.

The main difference between the two is the UV mapping, that means that textures for one body will NOT work with the other (and so the armors made for a body type that shows part of the body.)

Now, you can find most of the armors in both formats: CBBE and UNP. So it is really a matter of taste.

Archived