F4SE won't work after game update

Fallout 4 Script Extender (F4SE) says that it's not compatible with the current version of Fallout 4.

Have the devs of F4SE said anything about this?

Catch up.  f4se has been updated since yesterday.  Several of the mods that needed to be updated on Nexus have been updated as well.  Download the new version of f4se.  You may need to hard-refresh the page to see the update (ctrl-f5).

Fallout 4 Script Extender (F4SE) says that it's not compatible with the current version of Fallout 4.

Catch up.  f4se has been updated since yesterday.  Several of the mods that needed to be updated on Nexus have been updated as well.  Download the new version of f4se.  You may need to hard-refresh the page to see the update (ctrl-f5).

I thought that the devs of F4SE had completely abandoned it.

I thought that the devs of F4SE had completely abandoned it.

Nope.  Not abandoned.  Although only Expired6978 is the only one doing anything on f4se.  Expired is the mod maker who does LooksMenu, unlimited followers, etc.

Plz be patient folks.......I can't say it enough.

Are you one of the developers of F4SE?

When will we get a version that finally lets us use CPU's sextec framework, so we can start making REAL sex mods?

We HAVE real fucking sex mods.  The 4play framework and associated mods work fine (yes there are some bugs but name a mod that doesn't - and don't you dare mention the CCC [Creation Club Crap ;) ], but it does work).  And Vinfamy. Chosen Clue, and others (Jaam with plugins) have been working to improve on DocCloxx start.  And frankly there is NOTHING stopping CPU (or anyone else for that matter) working on SexTec.  Expired6978 (the only person working on f4se) has asked numerous times if there are features needed in f4se, yet no one has asked for any.  And he has stated previously that a lot of the stuff that people seem to be "waiting on" in f4se is already handled with the updated FO4 engine (see his note here:  http://www.loverslab.com/topic/80193-state-of-fallout-4-modding-community-as-of-june-2017/?p=1935735 ).  So again, there is no need for anyone to wait.  SexTec could be developed NOW.  And 4Play has already proved that a sex framework can be done with the current releases.  So please cut the crap about SexTec - the only thing preventing people from working on SexTec right now is that no one is working on SexTec right now.

Plz be patient folks.......I can't say it enough.

Are you one of the developers of F4SE?

When will we get a version that finally lets us use CPU's sextec framework, so we can start making REAL sex mods?

I'm not a developer, but I am a driving force behind us getting mods in the first place.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok folks, here's the skinny........

The command "bInvalidateOlderFiles=1" no longer works. Unfortunately for us, thousands of mods require this command in the INI files or the mods won't run.

Older mods that don't require this command run just fine.

So if this command wont work "bInvalidateOlderFiles=1" how do you fix it ??

The ini option works fine. If you're getting CTD check your Interface folder for loose swf. All of the base files were modified so if you use custom ones they may need to be updated. If renaming/removing files from the interface folder doesn't solve the issue you may have other files causing conflict of some sort. Then it's going to require some trial and error on your part to figure out which one(s). Renaming whole folders is the easiest to start narrowing it down. But in short, it's a loose file causing the problem, not the ini setting.

So if this command wont work "bInvalidateOlderFiles=1" how do you fix it ??

The ini option works fine. If you're getting CTD check your Interface folder for loose swf. All of the base files were modified so if you use custom ones they may need to be updated. If renaming/removing files from the interface folder doesn't solve the issue you may have other files causing conflict of some sort. Then it's going to require some trial and error on your part to figure out which one(s). Renaming whole folders is the easiest to start narrowing it down. But in short, it's a loose file causing the problem, not the ini setting.

"bInvalidateOlderFiles=1" **IS** the culprit, I did 3 fresh installs & proved it.

I finally just left it in my INI file & set it to zero.

Any mod that needs that in their INI file will not run.

UPDATE: Gun mods that DO NOT require Armorsmith Extended will still work.

Clothing mods that DO NOT require armor keywords will still work.

YAY!

:D :D :D :D

I am not having this issue...I can only guess its because after the initial creation club download (which really pissed me off ) I set my windows firewall to block outgoing steam access on all steam exe files (this was an idea from a youtube video) so I havent gotten any more downloads. I had to initially update F4SE and Looksmenu as well as shut off Transfer Settlements but so far all the rest of my mods are still working. I am far from an expert so thats just a guess but I am still using bInvalidateOlderFiles=1 successfully so far.

Archived