A Mod That Makes Random NPCs Look Better?

Does any mod like this exist out there somewhere? I'd really enjoy having all NPCs and not just named/important NPCs actually look good. I tried using the ApachiiSkyHair NPC Overhaul by Spewed but that resulted in the dark face bug, and the only "solution" to it requires that you have your mods in your Skyrim\Data folder, but I'm using Mod Organizer so that option's out the window.

If anyone can point me in the right direction on how to go about it/a mod that makes the random NPCs more pleasing to look at I'd really appreciate it! :)

Theoretically yes, but since they use different directories for tint masks you might run into trouble and some grey faces on the NPCs. I haven't tried it myself so I'm not sure. Maybe it might just work right out of the box if you install Bijin replacers after the Race Overhaul.

NPC overhaul  1-2-3 ,

it doesn´t mess the characters up like beeing CHILDREN

that body-preset is looking fine...may i could get from you a "face-export" from Race-Menu...??-shock...it´s still a download THANK YOU:-))...but the face isn´t integrated...if you don´t mind, you could make that face"print":-))

Theoretically yes, but since they use different directories for tint masks you might run into trouble and some grey faces on the NPCs. I haven't tried it myself so I'm not sure. Maybe it might just work right out of the box if you install Bijin replacers after the Race Overhaul.

I'll Throw my hat in the ring this is what I use http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/80479/? the work this person has done to all females is amazing save for some elders. The best part it uses your textures and skin of your choice I believe it changes 260 + women in skyrim, solstine. cant rely say enough about the quality of this mod. :).. tried a lot of overhauls and none compare to this ...GMO

I'll Throw my hat in the ring this is what I use http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/80479/? the work this person has done to all females is amazing save for some elders. The best part it uses your textures and skin of your choice I believe it changes 260 + women in skyrim, solstine. cant rely say enough about the quality of this mod. :).. tried a lot of overhauls and none compare to this ...GMO

I'll definitely give it a whirl, it looks pretty promising. :)

I'll give it a shot and see how it goes. If it doesn't work out of the box I'll try doing Bijin after the overhaul.

Does any mod like this exist out there somewhere? I'd really enjoy having all NPCs and not just named/important NPCs actually look good. I tried using the ApachiiSkyHair NPC Overhaul by Spewed but that resulted in the dark face bug, and the only "solution" to it requires that you have your mods in your Skyrim\Data folder, but I'm using Mod Organizer so that option's out the window.

If anyone can point me in the right direction on how to go about it/a mod that makes the random NPCs more pleasing to look at I'd really appreciate it! :)

You need to get the default face presets to look better for Skyrim, a mod like this one helps a lot

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/21488/?

So I did install it and it works perfectly, but somehow a select few children are now grey faced with horrifying face meshes, which is odd because I didn't expect the mod to affect children in the slightest. I'll look into it some more.

Edit:

Just needed to reinstall RS Children Overhaul, and the little potato heads are all back to normal now!

The JH pack has some issues with vampires - and only vampires - having grey feaces if a very specific set of skins is not installed (the author doesn't specify which) and Elisif's hair is a problem. I could fix the second problem but not the first.

Race Overhaul changes the face mesh and TRI morphs for all default races - meaning if your character is a vanilla race, be prepared to have to create the face again. Fortunately it comes packed in a bsa and if you see my post on the Nexus, it works just fine with Bijin and Neus' Ordinary women, as long as those ESPs are lower in the load order. That is the big advantage of the BSA format, no messy overwrites.

Race Overhaul has one more side effect, if you have any mod installed that adds NPCs to the game world and uses vanilla headparts, you will have grey faces. I am facing this issue with Moonstone Castle, which is essentially a player home with a bunch of people in it.

Another combination to try is Prettier Bandits and JH, with some ESP edits and packing the mods into BSAs, you can get a pretty good mix with no grey faces on vampires.

The JH pack has some issues with vampires - and only vampires - having grey feaces if a very specific set of skins is not installed (the author doesn't specify which) and Elisif's hair is a problem. I could fix the second problem but not the first.

Race Overhaul changes the face mesh and TRI morphs for all default races - meaning if your character is a vanilla race, be prepared to have to create the face again. Gortunately it comes packed in a bsa and if you see my post on the Nexus, it works just fine with Bijin and Neus' Ordinary women, as long as those ESPs are lower in the load order. That is the big advantage of the BSA format, no messy overwrites.

Race Overhaul has one more side effect, if you have any mod installed that adds NPCs to the game world and uses vanilla headparts, you will have grey faces. I am facing this issue with Moonstone Castle, which is essentially a player home with a bunch of people in it.

Another combination to try is Prettier Bandits and JH, with some ESP edits and packing the mods into BSAs, you can get a pretty good mix with no grey faces on vampires.

The only fix I've found for the grey face bug on post dawnguard installs for vampires is to create a plugin that disables dirt tint masks for vampires alltogether..There's a mod for it somewhere on nexus.

Archived