Best Solution For Beast Race Tails?

MadMansGun recently discovered the secret and mystic art of tail animation, so he has implemented some WIPs of those in his anims (at least Werewolf and Dragon + N/PC, from his posts). I haven't seen them yet, but I assume at the very least they get the tail out of the way and into a more proper position for the act. If it works out, maybe some other (non-creature) SL anims could be edited in a similar way, fixing tails during scenes and removing the need to take them out.

It is not sure to happen, and even if it does, it will take quite a while, so in the meantime you can try searching for "Argonian/Khajiit Tail Remover" in the Nexus, I'm pretty sure there are some mods like those in there.

EDIT: that, or using one of the HDT tail replacers for beast races. HDT removes any anims from the tails and makes them look fake/like a rope attached to your character's back, but it kinda sorta works in getting them out of the way during SL scenes, so they could be an alternative to removing the tails altogether.

tip: if you play a animation that has a tail animation and then switch to another that dose not, the last tail animation used will continue to play.

i'm finding that "bug" to be really useful for testing my tails out with other peoples animations.

Archived