F4SE Scripts not working

Yes I did, I found that there were also 2 dll's that needed to be gone. one was place.dll and the other transfer_settlements.dll. I don't use either one enough to warrant having them anyway so I didn't bother to check for updates. I now have all other mods re-enabled and all is working properly. Thank's for the help guys :)

place.dll is from Place Everywhere, this was updated yesterday already for 1.10

• 2 months later...

Yeah, no idea what's actually wrong with the game, but still getting the same "scripts folder is missing" error message - guessing at this point that it's not actually missing and something else is wrong with the game - and I've got everything to work except the actual sex part. Stripping 'n stuff works, but they just idle during the sex part. Any ideas, or anything I've got wrong in the files?

Fallout 4 Root Folder.PNG

Fallout 4 Data Folder.PNG

Fallout 4 Scripts Folder.PNG

Fallout 4 F4SE Scripts Folder.PNG

On 20.11.2017 at 5:38 AM, KrypteK1 said:

Yeah, no idea what's actually wrong with the game, but still getting the same "scripts folder is missing" error message - guessing at this point that it's not actually missing and something else is wrong with the game - and I've got everything to work except the actual sex part. Stripping 'n stuff works, but they just idle during the sex part. Any ideas, or anything I've got wrong in the files?

Fallout 4 Root Folder.PNG

Fallout 4 Data Folder.PNG

Fallout 4 Scripts Folder.PNG

Fallout 4 F4SE Scripts Folder.PNG

Incorrectly installed.
The directory structure is Data\Scripts and not Data\Scripts\Scripts.

And Data\Scripts\Data is very strange.

I am having this issue as well the problem is the animations are working just not the stripping and it is saying the same message about F4SE not being installed correctly and it most likely is the scripts. I have removed all parts of F4SE redownloaded it and manually placed everything where they should be, yet this issue continues to persist. Honestly, it isn't that big of a deal but when I get it in my mind to put mods into a game I want them to work the way they are intended. Any suggestions or aid would be greatly appreciated. 

20 hours ago, OogieKnightColt said:

I am having this issue as well the problem is the animations are working just not the stripping and it is saying the same message about F4SE not being installed correctly and it most likely is the scripts. I have removed all parts of F4SE redownloaded it and manually placed everything where they should be, yet this issue continues to persist. Honestly, it isn't that big of a deal but when I get it in my mind to put mods into a game I want them to work the way they are intended. Any suggestions or aid would be greatly appreciated. 

Did you update [Dev/Test/Beta] LL FourPlay community F4SE plugin v13-20171201

17 hours ago, ercramer69 said:

I tried installing that plugin and things did indeed change, except I still get a pop up telling me F4SE was not installed correctly and stripping/ strap on effects will not work. the animations still play correctly just not those two things. I can't tell you how many times I have removed F4SE completely and reinstalled it manually. 

• 3 weeks later...

I met this problem too today. It seems that it is not the question of f4se but the four_play_0_0_8_2 and  FP_Patch_2_6_1-Runtime Neutral. At first, i thought four_play_0_0_8_2 is the newest patch so i installed  FP_Patch_2_6_1-Runtime Neutral first and then four_play_0_0_8_2.It let me cover the .esp and therefore the problem appeared. so i restalled these two mods using the FP_Patch_2_6_1-Runtime Neutral to cover four_play_0_0_8_2 and the problem solved!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/9/2018 at 10:00 PM, AWP3RATOR said:

Detailed install instructions for Four-Play here: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/76277-four-play-beginner-friendly-installation-guide-comprehensive-tutorial-to-sexualise-your-fo4/

Generally speaking....

Install F4SE, Then Four-Play 8.2, then the Vinfamy Community Patch 2.6.1 - which will overwrite Four-Play esp

Yep, followed it all to the letter.  Using Vortex, but the dependancy for the patch is set to load after FP 082!

57 minutes ago, Stiffon said:

I'm having the same issue with the pop up.  Pretty sure it's installed correct - that said, where/what do I do with the folders/files in these 2 zip files?  I can't find any instructions on where to put those?  Think it's way past bedtime anyhow!

The F4SE zip gets extracted to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common and for the F4SE plugin extract to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4 

7 hours ago, ercramer69 said:

The F4SE zip gets extracted to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common and for the F4SE plugin extract to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4 

OK.  Have you looked at those 2 zip files?  Neither are called F4SE zip and plugin?  There are a number of dll, pex and lib files in a few different folders.  Never heard of anything being installed to Common either?  Followed Gopher's video, however, this is not my 1st outing at this.  I have a fully modded and stable Skyrim and Oblivion.  Never installed skse to common.  If it matters (though for F4SE it shouldn't), I'm using Vortex.

19 minutes ago, raan_zii said:

@StiffonMight be a bit risky using Vortex, which is still apparently in alpha, but if you installed it like Gopher did then I'd imagine it would work. Also, I responded to one of your many posts about your issue here: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/91103-fo4se/?tab=comments#comment-2152145

Thanks, appreciate your time to reply (in both!)  Posted in each thread I found on the subject in case the answer materializes in one and not the other lol.

OK, attached my Papyrus log for the last load.  Game appears to run smooth in Vortex, and doubt it is the mod manager being in alpha as the cause.  As far as I have read, it might be an issue if Vortex failed to install the mod correctly, but the logs you mention in the other post all read normal.  Apart from the lines for the previous FP dll's not loading, it finds and loads the 1_10_64 correctly.  There appears to be a number of people suffering the same issue, and most likely not all using Vortex, which leads me to believe it is likely something we are doing during install, or something we all have installed before?  Mine doesn't start the animation either (some report it does), which means my anims are likely not installing via Vortex, but that is not the cause of the message box.

Papyrus.0.log

I've included the complete file list of F4SE 0.6.5 here. I doubt it will solve any of your problems though:

Spoiler

\CustomControlMap.txt
\f4se_1_10_64.dll
\f4se_loader.exe
\f4se_steam_loader.dll

\Data\Scripts\Actor.pex
\Data\Scripts\ActorBase.pex
\Data\Scripts\Cell.pex
\Data\Scripts\Component.pex
\Data\Scripts\ConstructibleObject.pex
\Data\Scripts\DefaultObject.pex
\Data\Scripts\EncounterZone.pex
\Data\Scripts\EquipSlot.pex
\Data\Scripts\F4SE.pex
\Data\Scripts\FavoritesManager.pex
\Data\Scripts\files.txt
\Data\Scripts\Form.pex
\Data\Scripts\Game.pex
\Data\Scripts\HeadPart.pex
\Data\Scripts\Input.pex
\Data\Scripts\InstanceData.pex
\Data\Scripts\Location.pex
\Data\Scripts\Math.pex
\Data\Scripts\MatSwap.pex
\Data\Scripts\MiscObject.pex
\Data\Scripts\ObjectMod.pex
\Data\Scripts\ObjectReference.pex
\Data\Scripts\Perk.pex
\Data\Scripts\ScriptObject.pex
\Data\Scripts\Source
\Data\Scripts\UI.pex
\Data\Scripts\Utility.pex
\Data\Scripts\WaterType.pex
\Data\Scripts\Weapon.pex

\Data\Scripts\Source\User\Actor.psc
\Data\Scripts\Source\User\ActorBase.psc
\Data\Scripts\Source\User\Cell.psc
\Data\Scripts\Source\User\Component.psc
\Data\Scripts\Source\User\ConstructibleObject.psc
\Data\Scripts\Source\User\DefaultObject.psc
\Data\Scripts\Source\User\EncounterZone.psc
\Data\Scripts\Source\User\EquipSlot.psc
\Data\Scripts\Source\User\F4SE.psc
\Data\Scripts\Source\User\FavoritesManager.psc
\Data\Scripts\Source\User\files.txt
\Data\Scripts\Source\User\Form.psc
\Data\Scripts\Source\User\Game.psc
\Data\Scripts\Source\User\HeadPart.psc
\Data\Scripts\Source\User\Input.psc
\Data\Scripts\Source\User\InstanceData.psc
\Data\Scripts\Source\User\Location.psc
\Data\Scripts\Source\User\Math.psc
\Data\Scripts\Source\User\MatSwap.psc
\Data\Scripts\Source\User\MiscObject.psc
\Data\Scripts\Source\User\ObjectMod.psc
\Data\Scripts\Source\User\ObjectReference.psc
\Data\Scripts\Source\User\Perk.psc
\Data\Scripts\Source\User\ScriptObject.psc
\Data\Scripts\Source\User\UI.psc
\Data\Scripts\Source\User\Utility.psc
\Data\Scripts\Source\User\WaterType.psc
\Data\Scripts\Source\User\Weapon.psc

The only thing I can recomend is for you to try looking at it with Process Monitor from Sysinternals like I said in my post in that other thread (link above). Though if you're not familiar with what goes on in terms of IO traffic on a Windows PC then that might be quite overwhelming at first. That tool will show you why the dlls and scripts can't be found. Note also that you should keep in mind any trickery these mod mangers use. I do not know what kind of method Vortex uses but I can tell you that the VFS used by Mod Organizer can be a bit confusing when seen in Process Monitor.

OK, so a little progress.  Looking at the file structure for the community patch in Vortex, I notice it is missing the 1_10_64 dll in the F4SE - Plugins folder.  Opening the zip file I d/l it is also not there.  Copied it from the dev patch 1.5 linked a few posts above, and I now have the FP MCM in game, and no pop up about scripts not being installed.  Using sexemup still doesn't start an animation, so I'm guessing I have an issue with the animation installs now.  There's no stripping, no sounds, no animation.  Dogmeat (don't judge - he's the first opportunity to get it working without getting in to the game proper lol) just pads around, so not even aligning for animation.

The F4SE dll is not supposed to be in the Plugins folder. What you see in the spoiler in my previous post is exactly what it's supposed to look like when it's installed, sans a couple of irrelevant txt files. All paths in the spoiler above are relative to the path where your Fallout4.exe file is, aka. where you installed Fallout 4. In case of Steam that'd be \SteamApps\common, that path being relative to where you installed Steam (or configured Steam to place your games, in case you manually changed that).

That said, the full path of f4se_1_10_64.dll thus becomes:

<Steam install directory>\SteamApps\common\Fallout 4\f4se_1_10_64.dll

24 minutes ago, raan_zii said:

I've included the complete file list of F4SE 0.6.5 here. I doubt it will solve any of your problems though:

Hide contents

\CustomControlMap.txt
\f4se_1_10_64.dll
\f4se_loader.exe
\f4se_steam_loader.dll

\Data\Scripts\Actor.pex
\Data\Scripts\ActorBase.pex
\Data\Scripts\Cell.pex
\Data\Scripts\Component.pex
\Data\Scripts\ConstructibleObject.pex
\Data\Scripts\DefaultObject.pex
\Data\Scripts\EncounterZone.pex
\Data\Scripts\EquipSlot.pex
\Data\Scripts\F4SE.pex
\Data\Scripts\FavoritesManager.pex
\Data\Scripts\files.txt
\Data\Scripts\Form.pex
\Data\Scripts\Game.pex
\Data\Scripts\HeadPart.pex
\Data\Scripts\Input.pex
\Data\Scripts\InstanceData.pex
\Data\Scripts\Location.pex
\Data\Scripts\Math.pex
\Data\Scripts\MatSwap.pex
\Data\Scripts\MiscObject.pex
\Data\Scripts\ObjectMod.pex
\Data\Scripts\ObjectReference.pex
\Data\Scripts\Perk.pex
\Data\Scripts\ScriptObject.pex
\Data\Scripts\Source
\Data\Scripts\UI.pex
\Data\Scripts\Utility.pex
\Data\Scripts\WaterType.pex
\Data\Scripts\Weapon.pex

\Data\Scripts\Source\User\Actor.psc
\Data\Scripts\Source\User\ActorBase.psc
\Data\Scripts\Source\User\Cell.psc
\Data\Scripts\Source\User\Component.psc
\Data\Scripts\Source\User\ConstructibleObject.psc
\Data\Scripts\Source\User\DefaultObject.psc
\Data\Scripts\Source\User\EncounterZone.psc
\Data\Scripts\Source\User\EquipSlot.psc
\Data\Scripts\Source\User\F4SE.psc
\Data\Scripts\Source\User\FavoritesManager.psc
\Data\Scripts\Source\User\files.txt
\Data\Scripts\Source\User\Form.psc
\Data\Scripts\Source\User\Game.psc
\Data\Scripts\Source\User\HeadPart.psc
\Data\Scripts\Source\User\Input.psc
\Data\Scripts\Source\User\InstanceData.psc
\Data\Scripts\Source\User\Location.psc
\Data\Scripts\Source\User\Math.psc
\Data\Scripts\Source\User\MatSwap.psc
\Data\Scripts\Source\User\MiscObject.psc
\Data\Scripts\Source\User\ObjectMod.psc
\Data\Scripts\Source\User\ObjectReference.psc
\Data\Scripts\Source\User\Perk.psc
\Data\Scripts\Source\User\ScriptObject.psc
\Data\Scripts\Source\User\UI.psc
\Data\Scripts\Source\User\Utility.psc
\Data\Scripts\Source\User\WaterType.psc
\Data\Scripts\Source\User\Weapon.psc

The only thing I can recomend is for you to try looking at it with Process Monitor from Sysinternals like I said in my post in that other thread (link above). Though if you're not familiar with what goes on in terms of IO traffic on a Windows PC then that might be quite overwhelming at first. That tool will show you why the dlls and scripts can't be found. Note also that you should keep in mind any trickery these mod mangers use. I do not know what kind of method Vortex uses but I can tell you that the VFS used by Mod Organizer can be a bit confusing when seen in Process Monitor.

Yes all of those are present and in that location.  There are additional ones, but those are from other mods installed and are hardlinks via Vortex afaik.

Looking at Process Monitor as a d/l, but not sure if it will help me - I'm not a programmer/software dude etc.  Just a gamer.  If it comes to it, I may have to spend a few nights trying to scramble through that - thanks for the info.

Archived