Optimization Mods?

Really need help since VRAM and lag is such a pain. Even small dungeon crawling is causing the bright punk texture (AKA low VRAM) issue and stuttering. I know AIO HDT Animated Pussy has high resolution body textures (I use 2K) and I use mods that add more females to Skyrim via Diverse Skyrim, Immersive Wenches, and Deadly Wenches. I use Skyrim Flora Overhaul, Static Mesh Improvements, ELFX, and Climates of Tameriel. AA and stuff is off, detail fade is off, detail distance is maxed, all other settings are maxed minus reflections which are all off. I play at a resolution of 1080p. Using a GTX 1060 6GB.

Just seeking mods or something to help with VRAM and lag. I don't want a ghost town or sausage fest or ugly dull lighting or original flora Skyrim so removing those NPC and Overhaul mods is a no no.

Depending how desperate you are, I've had surprisingly good results from "Optimizer Textures (Ordenador)"

It will take a bit of tinkering & experimentation - make robust backups first, and expect to have to puzzle out a few missing textures etc afterwards.

But my game is a LOT more responsive since I got it working. Shrinking all the random textures to 1k seems to have made a huge difference to load times and it's ability to manage peak stress.

You could have 1x1 diffuse skins and still overload VRAM with Wenches, it's the literal definition of bloat mod.

SFO isn't helping either if you're using the 15 grass version.

I am using 2.5b no grass version of Flora Overhaul.

Depending how desperate you are, I've had surprisingly good results from "Optimizer Textures (Ordenador)"

It will take a bit of tinkering & experimentation - make robust backups first, and expect to have to puzzle out a few missing textures etc afterwards.

But my game is a LOT more responsive since I got it working. Shrinking all the random textures to 1k seems to have made a huge difference to load times and it's ability to manage peak stress.

I honestly tried that once before many months ago....never again. Textures look ugly and the faces look pixelated especially the nose tip of females.

---------------

VRAM seems to be OK so far. But I still stutter/freeze/lag. Meaning if I look around the game skips or whatever the lagging. It gets bad in towns and dungeons. Not sure why this is happening seeing how my setup is almost the same as last time and the game was pretty smooth back then. Not sure why its screwy this time. Would Static Mesh Improvement mod cause this?

I honestly tried that once before many months ago....never again. Textures look ugly and the faces look pixelated especially the nose tip of females.

(min, med, max) Set_ARGB = textures\actors\character\*_msn.dds

that line is no good, it should be

(min, med, max) Set_ARGB = *_msn.dds

because there are msn in actos\bretonfemale

some followers mods add some in actors\follower or actors\race x

and if you run ordenador like that, it will compress those msn to dxt5

you don't compress msn, if you want to save ram, you resize down, uncompressed

You could have 1x1 diffuse skins and still overload VRAM with Wenches, it's the literal definition of bloat mod.

SFO isn't helping either if you're using the 15 grass version.

Could you elaborate on the wenches mod? How does it bloat exactly? Doesn't it use the default meshes and texture paths for you're npcs?

It spawns literally infinite enemies, and is badly scripted.

I've never encountered this. Can't find any reports of this either. Is this just from personal experience? Had this in my load order a long time and seen it recommended many times. Only ones I've read and experienced problems with is hateful and judgement wenches.

Archived