Crusader Kings 2

A friend convinced me to pick this game up and I have to say I am addicted. This game (if you like real time strategy game's) is worse then crack cocaine and that is just the out of the box vanilla version. Once I discovered the thriving modding community my addiction grew ten fold, my current game is now well over 40 hours and the fighting show's no signs of stopping any time soon.

I highly recommend this game, you can find a full review and screenshots here

http://calmdowntom.com/2012/02/crusader-kings-ii-review/

and the metacritic score here

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/crusader-kings-ii

mods can be pickd up on

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?551-Crusader-Kings-II

and the wiki is loaded with info on how to

http://crusaderkings-two.wikia.com/wiki/Crusader_Kings_II_Wiki

Wow' date=' I am somewhat of a RTS nut myself and this one just slipped under my radar. Thanks!

[/quote']

Check it out asap, the game of thrones mod for it is pretty damn awesome too. course now I'll need to create adult mods for this as well a few of the events and traits are just begging for it.

Check it out asap' date=' the game of thrones mod for it is pretty damn awesome too. course now I'll need to create adult mods for this as well a few of the events and traits are just begging for it.

[/quote']

You had me at hello.......:P

yes

game it is absolutely junkie food

now is 02:50 and i was sit on PC in 13:10

guess what was i am doing all that time

and that going for at least a month or more

but that is "problem" with paradox all games

darkest hour, victoria 2;empire under the sun, EU2...

highly addictive!!!

but i love strategies!!!

edit

but this what i play don't have match connection with vanilla

i was changed almost 90% of the game

I was doing great. I started off in a small kingdom located in what would be spain today called navarra back then. England, France, Germany, all fell to my army and then disaster struck. My only dynasty heir turned out to be a lesbian and even worse she is a hated tyrant and dishonorable as well. To make matters worse the mongols are knocking at my kingdoms door, I think this dynasty is dead.

I just do not see any possibility of turning the tide when my entire kingdom is in revolt and the horde is coming my way.

I was doing great. I started off in a small kingdom located in what would be spain today called navarra back then. England' date=' France, Germany, all fell to my army and then disaster struck. My only dynasty heir turned out to be a lesbian and even worse she is a hated tyrant and dishonorable as well. To make matters worse the mongols are knocking at my kingdoms door, I think this dynasty is dead.

I just do not see any possibility of turning the tide when my entire kingdom is in revolt and the horde is coming my way.

[/quote']

There should be some brother or sister, uncle or something else left if the poor girl has some terrible accident right?

I was doing great. I started off in a small kingdom located in what would be spain today called navarra back then. England' date=' France, Germany, all fell to my army and then disaster struck. My only dynasty heir turned out to be a lesbian and even worse she is a hated tyrant and dishonorable as well. To make matters worse the mongols are knocking at my kingdoms door, I think this dynasty is dead.

[/quote']

There should be some brother or sister, uncle or something else left if the poor girl has some terrible accident right?

nope, they exist but lineage counts a great deal in this game. If the heir is not dynastic or a bastard then that's game over. Female heirs have it far worse for them them marriage has to be negotiated for the children to be of there line or they wont count as heirs.

the more that I play this game the more I fall in love with it, this is a game that can be as streamlined or as intricate as you want it to be. I did dig myself out of that hole though, there are a ton of events in the game that provide character development choices. this lesbiamn hier for instance adopted a hedonist lifestyle and ended giving birth to twins. thankfully her token consort aknowledged them even though i dont think they were his his

sadly this lineage died off ten years later in the thick of the fighting against the mongols, your character can die in battle your captured heirs can also be executed or left in prison to die some will even turned against you, i had a son i was prepping to take over who was turned against me by the damn germans sadly i had to execute him he had far to much of a hate on for me to let live

In long term this game is boring. When you have big empire and don't want to lose it in blink of eye - you have to spend hours setting up old or people in celibate for dukes/kings and then they die, and you have to do it all over again.

That's because there is to much hate and envy in this game, and worst enemy is your family.

I wish that will add that damn search filter for traits.

In long term this game is boring. When you have big empire and don't want to lose it in blink of eye - you have to spend hours setting up old or people in celibate for dukes/kings and then they die' date=' and you have to do it all over again.

That's because there is to much hate and envy in this game, and worst enemy is your family.

I wish that will add that damn search filter for traits.

[/quote']

yeah not being able to search by trait is a pain in the ass, speaking of traits i have noticed that a majority of clergy tend to be lustful and twins tend to be gay, arabs tend to produce duaghters with the attractive trait and that the english tend to produce kids with birth defects. I am now wondering if paradox was trying to make a statement

@GSBmodders

"yeah not being able to search by trait is a pain in the ass, speaking of traits i have noticed that a majority of clergy tend to be lustful and twins tend to be gay, arabs tend to produce duaghters with the attractive trait and that the english tend to produce kids with birth defects. I am now wondering if paradox was trying to make a statement"

Some historical characters have wiki link (wonderful idea, if I had kids i will forced them to play this game, to learn something) so why don't you check...

I was found game parameters very accurate in that therm...

• 7 months later...

Wow, I am somewhat of a RTS nut myself and this one just slipped under my radar. Thanks!

Check it out asap, the game of thrones mod for it is pretty damn awesome too. course now I'll need to create adult mods for this as well a few of the events and traits are just begging for it.

have you done any modding yet? I'd like to see some of your work if you did :)

Indeed, this game is amazing. I've clocked in 226 hours in this game and I still come back to it regularly. Many claim that Paradox grand strategy games have incredibly steep learning curves but I didn't find this game too bad even though It's my first paradox game (other than Mount and Blade). What I love about this game so much is that you're not playing as a country, you're playing as a person, representing your house and dynasty. You are competing with hundreds of other houses to reach the top in terms of power and renown. Another thing that I find incredible is that playing as a vassal is actually more fun than playing as a sovereign ruler. In one of my games (in CK2+) I started out as the Duke of Upper Lorraine, a vassal of the HRE with the goal to become as powerful as possible while staying as a vassal to the Kaiser. Eventually I managed to hold 4 kingdom titles (Lotharingia, Burgundy, Lombardy, and Sicily) before I finally decided to break free. After forming the titular Italian Empire I pressed I  a weak claim that I had on the Byzantines and then formed the Latin Empire as well. While that was fun, I still found playing as an HRE vassal to be even more so. The internal politics that vassals get to be in is incredibly intriguing, especially in large realms like the HRE. 

And, the modding community is alive and booming. There are plenty of great mods that do all sorts of things. My favorites are CK2+, The Prince and the Thane, Lux Invicta, and Dawn of Empires. There are a few that I've yet to try like The Elder Kings, which changes the setting entirely to that of The Elder Scrolls. 

Also, A Game of Thrones looks amazing, however I've yet to play it to any extended period of time because of a weird issue where armies don't move. The arrows appear but no progress is made. Strangely, I seem to be the only one with this issue because the FAQ for the mod doesn't address it and nobody has commented about it. Hopefully It gets fixed soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Rant.

A good part of fan base of this game is retarded. When I see glimpse of hope about some cool features some of this so called fans jump out and scream "THAT WOULD BE NOT HISTORICITY ACCURATE".

Oh for fucking god sake.

I do love history but in fucking game I want to mold it, not to fucking recreate it.

For example I'm emperor, not just shallow one but one that actually took title by force.

But I lack of male descendants, so I want to make all my fam members able to get my heritage. But I can't, because game prevents me saying that it is not in my culture. Oh so they are saying that most powerful person on earth cant do shit about something trivial like that? Seriously?

Beside that I want god damn pagan dlc, NAOU!

• 4 weeks later...

stupid game

made for 20th century westerners

no honor no duty only ambitions and greed doesn't mater he don't deserve but he want title

worst enemy of you is your own family "title claimants"

o i miss good old times and impaled traitors

and where is factor of fear

execution of traitor and his complete family is very nice method to prevent rebellion and it was in that times

you want to start new dynasty? well i don't think so...

fck french revolution

she was twist mind of inferiors and it was give them some "ideas" fck

"thinking plebs" phew

on stake everyone on stake

mayor start rebellion against emperor well fck that no mayor no his family no city everything will burn

and yes i really "like" when AI with 1000 soldiers declare war on my 600000 soldiers WTF?

stupid game

made for 20th century westerners

no honor no duty only ambitions and greed doesn't mater he don't deserve but he want title

worst enemy of you is your own family "title claimants"

o i miss good old times and impaled traitors

and where is factor of fear

execution of traitor and his complete family is very nice method to prevent rebellion and it was in that times

you want to start new dynasty? well i don't think so...

fck french revolution

she was twist mind of inferiors and it was give them some "ideas" fck

"thinking plebs" phew

on stake everyone on stake

mayor start rebellion against emperor well fck that no mayor no his family no city everything will burn

and yes i really "like" when AI with 1000 soldiers declare war on my 600000 soldiers WTF?

Good Sir, after my last play through I actually changed mind about this game. As usual I was annoyed by never sated backstabbing dukes so I said to myself that if they want piece of me I will burn every thing. So I started to arrest mostly annoying dukes and vassal and banishing them (You take their all gold and tittles) made myself an antypope - god I love this man I was getting gold from half of Europe. And after my rampage I had something like - 80 -140 relations due to tyranny, but no one dare to rise arms against me. I ruled 20 years after this without single rebellion (peasants not counted). Well ultimately some do rebelled, but that happened when my character died, how it ended for rebels? I didn't seen my pocket bottom for long time, I had best lands, my strong alliance with Byzantium (In which I helped to end civil war) and HRE, to which I was chosen to be next Emperor.... Well let's say they didn't know what is coming. After all children often are going in to parent's footsteps.

Oh and you are not getting points to tyranny if you execute excommunicated person. My Antipope was a busy person.

"Oh and you are not getting points to tyranny if you execute excommunicated person. My Antipope was a busy person."

thank you, nice one

and btw my tyranny atm is 2400, second ruler 20y of ruling, banished every single starter of faction

and giving a duchy to priest is nice way to reduce rebellion in second kingdom 

fck that i can't be emperor of HRE as cathar but AI can