Update: Man of the house V0.7.4c (The long awaited sex scene!)

Faerin

menu-screen.thumb.jpg.4a346af3f7fe34d9cc0d52b1a2a05148.jpg

Game description

In this game you will play as a young adult, who is living together with his attractive (step)mother and 2 hot (step)sisters, in a city filled with even more gorgeous women!
Each NPC has their own storyline and you get to decide when and where you would like to explore and which girl you want to pursue. Every update will expand on existing storylines, but also on adding new locations, girls, jobs, events, etc.

UPDATE:

Download link (v0.7.4c):

https://www.patreon.com/faerin

There's also a new public version available:

Download link (v0.7.1):

https://goo.gl/uYYv4t

All the best,

Faerin

A good start. I like the art and the interface, and gameplay is fine but perhaps too grindy. It took me hours to get part way with Ashley, and too much of that was pointless repetition. Multiply that by all other characters you want to include and this game would take forever to play. I did like the slow progression storywise, but that doesn't mean the gameplay has to be slow as well.

Technical Problems:

The game window is not adjustable and does not fit my computer screen.

It's spelled "Pharmaceutical". This was actually pretty funny because up to that point everything was good and I didn't expect to see any spelling problems.

At the grocery store the text below the can of Axe says it's a candy bar!

Why can't we watch tv at all times, to relieve stress?

When peaking in on mom, and saying "Wow" about her breast, the screen is white?

I'm at 193% completion for the mom?

Suggestions:

Being a decent looking college grad there is no reason for him being a virgin. Keep the comment by Veronica about it because she's a bitch, but you don't need the internal dialog confirming it, he should instead throw an insult back at her.

Pam needs to be a future possibility, and hot neighbours in the apartment across the hall.

The Hearts are oblivious but maybe explain what the Stars mean?

one thing i can tell u u realy need to get the options up and running. besides only 1 reso not being able to have any vsync running gonna burn peoples vid cards. u know something wrong when a still piccture unity game is pushing my vid card to 70C and no its not dirt even bf1 only pushes it to 65C

A very nice start and actually quite a lot to do, although I'm guessing only the younger sister is really available right now? Can get a few hearts with step-mom but nothing too special, and older sister seems off the cards for now? Or am I missing something? Either way all speed to you in continuing this project!

Oh also, would be nice if you could travel to the pizza place before it opened and then just wait there for opening time, rather than having to wait to 12:00 and waste the journey time getting there.. just a thought.

I tried to play it but ended up throwing it away as all tabs new game continue updates were all stacked under the quit tab and so that was the only thing clickable so I clicked it and threw it away. If it's a screen resolution thing you might want to set it up to where it's set at the right resolution when the game starts up.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Gave this game a go.. my thoughts...

Love the game mechanics, thought the mood counters were good addition. Clearly a lot of thought put into setting this one up, and plenty of opportunity for adding content. In general the art is really good, backgrounds and such. But for me (and this is just one guys opinion of course) I didn't like the character models, to me the girls all look like they've had too much surgery.. lips too big, breasts too big, faces kind of puckered up like botox or something. really did like the game otherwise, but it kind of kills it for me unfortunately. wish Faerin good luck with this one, great to see someone making an effort to implement involved game play. I may check it out down the track just to see what he evolves this into.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure I haven't gotten the mom very high yet but the sister I have her higher. You just have to find events to trigger them as some are found when certain people are at certain areas in the house.

I feel like I've gone to every area at every time. Still nothing.

I noticed a small mistake. 

When the sister is talking to the mother about lingerie. The mother states that if she is old enough to wear lingerie then she is old enough to buy it herself. When the sister leaves the room she runs into the brother and states that she thinks mom doesn't think she is old enough to wear lingerie and I was like no she said that you have to buy it yourself she didn't say anywhere that you are not old enough to wear it.

Hey guys, thanks for all the feedback!
I really appreciate it and will try to keep it in mind for the next update.

The next update (this friday) will focus more on the other 2 girls and the engine has developed a lot since the first version.

@that97guy: Thanks for the review, I understand what you're saying about the looks, it's hard (impossible) to please everyone, but I'm trying to include at least some different types of girls as the game progresses.

@myuhinny: Thanks for spotting that one, though I figured it was kinda implied by walking into the middle of their conversation that it was discussed ;)

@D_ManXX2: Check the phone, bottom row icons.

Thanks i did not fully check the phone what options are available. btw am not sure why you forgot to add your own patreon page, https://www.patreon.com/faerin this way it will be easier for users to check new development of your game.

Looks like a good start. keep it up.

btw i was wondering why the filesize is different then the one from patreon the one from patreon seem more fleshed out then the one you supplied here ?? Patreon version also allow the use of fullscreen and able to change the screen resolution etc..

@D_ManXX2: Thanks for that, I didn't want to "spam" my Patreon page right from the start as I know how annoying that can be.
And I figured that if people really like the game, they'd know how to find me :)
But I do appreciate it!

About the file size: I posted the first public version here, in the mean time there's been several updates already (including a new public release) and this friday a big new release is coming out on Patreon!

To be honest it didn't seem there was a lot of interest in the game here at first, so I didn't come back to post updates...

But I'll keep visiting and keep an eye on this thread!

• 2 weeks later...

I really love this game, very creative and it has amazing graphics.... well on my pc it does. lol. Anyways I'm not sure if there is a way to help people get out from being stuck. It seems I have painted myself into a corner. I'm not sure if the game (you)  :cool:  could detect a player is stuck in a loop, they could get a text to direct them to content unseen. It's a shame that you have made said avenues we can take and they not be seen. Or a way we are forced into seeing the content basically. I definitely feel as if I missed out on seeing some things. Either I'm as far as I can get myself or I'm at a dead end from repeated loops. I seen someone mentioned about Ashley and her Mom's convo on lingerie. And about Pam... WHO'S PAM?!!! lol. I've not seen those scenarios! Again this maybe due to the pathes I took on choices. I've spent 2 entire game weeks doing things I haven't been doing on the norm. To promote new choices. This hasn't changed anything sadly. Essentially this could kill the game for me or may have for others. :(

I'm on Day 84 and my girls stats are :

post-1354309-0-49771500-1504795834_thumb.jpg

Ashley - 414 Hearts / 5 Stars

Mom -  29 Hearts / 0 Stars (can't get further with Mom- tried all avenues)

Veronica - 0 and 0 (I can't do anything with her as it's said in the game she's a bitch. lol)

Also it keeps saying my Hearts for Ashley have increased by 59 today. It won't go higher, is this max?

The game has me hooked!! So if you need a test dummy I'm your girl! I'd be more than happy to test things for you.  :)

Thanks for your hard work!

Hey feardiss,

Thanks a lot for your nice feedback, I really appreciate it!

To clarify: the new version that is coming out next week (friday) will have an achievement system, showing you a list of all the events you have and haven't discovered.

Also, there are many other UI improvements, like quick travel and showing you the location of the girls.

It seems you have run into an (old) bug.

If you want some help with specific events or would like to test the new version, feel free to stop by on my Discord server or send me an email at faeringames@gmail.com

Thanks again!

Hey feardiss,

Thanks a lot for your nice feedback, I really appreciate it!

To clarify: the new version that is coming out next week (friday) will have an achievement system, showing you a list of all the events you have and haven't discovered.

Also, there are many other UI improvements, like quick travel and showing you the location of the girls.

It seems you have run into an (old) bug.

If you want some help with specific events or would like to test the new version, feel free to stop by on my Discord server or send me an email at faeringames@gmail.com

Thanks again!

I'm loving the idea on the events list, that will be helpful to keep the game going. Especially when you're stuck in a loop! I thought your traveling system currently used was/is great quite realistic (IMO of course). And location on the girls is great I often wondered where they were you could only assume school or work.

Had two ideas today... I think the chances on seeing something in the bathroom should be increased. It seems the door is always locked i can peek in it but I've only seen Veronica once in it. I feel bad for the kid to have the proper happiness and he doesn't get to see anything, lol.

It would be cool if you could spur an event on by texting one of the girls. Not sure if that would be possible. But it could help promote missed events.

Also sent you an email and I'll jump on Discord when is a good time you're on? (I'm on Eastern time USA) I've been avoiding Discord, :P lol... some friends want me to game on Xbox but I'm not feelin it right now.

And anytime! :heart:

Archived