[Rigging Request] Falmer Mask Fix

The Falmer Bikini Armor mod includes a (SFW) mask called the Scorpion mask, at least it contains the mesh in the files.

The model is rigged wrong, so that it sits on the head sideways, rather than over the face.

Would someone mind fixing that?

attachicon.gifscorpmask.nif

That's easily fixed via nifskope, but one question:

Which side of the head does it actually sit on?

A screenshot would be helpful too.

The Falmer Bikini Armor mod includes a (SFW) mask called the Scorpion mask, at least it contains the mesh in the files.

The model is rigged wrong, so that it sits on the head sideways, rather than over the face.

Would someone mind fixing that?

That's easily fixed via nifskope, but one question:

Which side of the head does it actually sit on?

A screenshot would be helpful too.

post-123838-0-23792400-1499708907_thumb.jpg

It's rotated 90 degrees counterclockwise.

attachicon.gifScreenShot173.jpg

Unfortunately, not quite.

That's ok. We're making progress.

Round 2 go.

Ach, I'm afraid it hasn't changed. Thank you so much for all the helping though, you have no idea how greatful I am!

post-123838-0-83216800-1499805295_thumb.jpg

Here, would it help to rig it while it's attached to a full-body armor, like I've been doing, so you can see how it positions itself instead of working blind?

post-123838-0-83216800-1499805295_thumb.jpg

scorpmask.nif

Round 2 go.

Ach, I'm afraid it hasn't changed. Thank you so much for all the helping though, you have no idea how greatful I am!

attachicon.gifenb 2017_07_11 16_34_10_49.jpg

Here, would it help to rig it while it's attached to a full-body armor, like I've been doing, so you can see how it positions itself instead of working blind?

That actually does help me a lot, actually. Thanks.

I know it's a pain in the ass when a mesh doesn't fit right like that. But modifying it via nifskope isn't that difficult at all.

For future reference on how to fix such a problem: (back the mesh up just in case)

Just right click the mesh, then go to the Transform setting, then click Edit.

A box will appear, and under Rotation, change the R setting. Making it minus will make the mesh turn leftwards, while whole numbers (positive numbers) will turn it right.

Change R to whatever you think is right, and then click Accept.

Then right click the mesh again, go to transform again and click Apply.

A box will appear saying it may not go according to plan and asks if you want to try anyway. Click Yes, and then Save As in the top-left part of the program.

Very simple.

Anyway, try this.

scorpmask.nif

Round 2 go.

That actually does help me a lot, actually. Thanks.

I know it's a pain in the ass when a mesh doesn't fit right like that. But modifying it via nifskope isn't that difficult at all.

For future reference on how to fix such a problem: (back the mesh up just in case)

Just right click the mesh, then go to the Transform setting, then click Edit.

A box will appear, and under Rotation, change the R setting. Making it minus will make the mesh turn leftwards, while whole numbers (positive numbers) will turn it right.

Change R to whatever you think is right, and then click Accept.

Then right click the mesh again, go to transform again and click Apply.

A box will appear saying it may not go according to plan and asks if you want to try anyway. Click Yes, and then Save As in the top-left part of the program.

Very simple.

Anyway, try this.

Wait, YOU CAN DO THAT WITH NIFSKOPE??????

REALLY?

My god, I thought you had to weightpaint! Oh, now YOU are a miracle worker!

I'll give the mesh a whirl!

bless

Problem with moving things around in nifskope is that it can mess up the rigging if it's moved far enough and it'll end up appearing in the wrong area or not all when worn. Your best bet would be to load the whole nif into outfit studios and do your adjusting there and then export it after adjusting it to where you want it at.

The newest bodyslide/outfit studios now also has head mesh is I remember correctly I still use a older version though

Otherwise your going to have to redo the rigging so that it appears correctly.

Not sure I redid it again as nothing was showing but this time starting a new project then loading the mask in and the mask is actually facing to the back of the head. Before I just loaded it into my head body nif. My nifskope is 1.1.3.

post-25667-0-32890600-1499821114_thumb.png

Rename it and test it and see if it works now it should as I checked and everything appears correctly. test.nif

Not sure I redid it again as nothing was showing but this time starting a new project then loading the mask in and the mask is actually facing to the back of the head. Before I just loaded it into my head body nif. My nifskope is 1.1.3.

Rename it and test it and see if it works now it should as I checked and everything appears correctly. attachicon.giftest.nif

post-123838-0-87906700-1499822114_thumb.jpg

PERFECTION!

Archived