[Preview] Duchess Debauchery: A Slutty Noblewoman Game

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm a bad, bad, bad game maker.  :3

This is why I don't have a patreon.  Because I disappear for months on end and don't do any work and just play other people's video games.  :3

So yeah, I've done nothing.  I do have a beta though!

Here's the thing, I am having WAY HARDER of a time hosting this file than with my last game, on a technical level, which is frustrating both for me and people that want to download this beta.

First, it seems Google Drive has gotten really shittier since the last game, and doesn't like to host things as nicely, and also, RPG Maker MV apparently creates uncompressed projects (the full folder), instead of a neat compressed file like in the older RPG Maker VX Ace, so when I uploaded it to Google, I had to upload the whole folder instead of a single neat file, like last time for the Poor Whore. So the download process is just a bit messier, and I apologize, but I've been assured that this should work by my first beta player.

So when you go to the download link, you'll see this:

http://i.imgur.com/PHPqBr5.png

Ignore all the mess, and simply click the download button in the top right of the screen. Here's the game link:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-cvhgOPP0N5N3p1MkxfMkpBQUU

Once that's downloaded, extract the file, and play the exe game file.

In this demo, you play act 1 out of a total 3 acts. So it's roughly 1/3 the total game. It deals with your introduction into the noble lifestyle in the big city, and it features your first big alliance choice.  When testing everything slowly, it took me about 2 hours to complete, when rushing through only doing the required stuff with no side stories, it took a mere 10 minutes, so there's a wide range of game length, but I'm guessing maybe one hour of game time for a first run through?

There are several typos in the text, these have already been pointed out to me and fixed.  And again, this is a beta, not a complete game, so some cut scenes may have a lack of animation when people move around or something.  It may not be as polished as the Poor Whore was.

Let me know what you think!

I played the demo and think I found all the current content so far. I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed whats there and look forward to the full release. The multiple choices for the character interactions were good and the characters are varied enough. All of the content was enjoyable and fun, I don't think I came across any bugs or other game breaking items, as for anything grammar or spelling related I'm rubbish at it and rarely notice it unless it blatantly obvious.

There are a few things I hope are added to the game:

Lactation, was one of my favorite parts in Poor Whore.

Additional outfits with varied consequences.

I hope you have additional/optional content like here maybe something with a larger creature for the more sturdy characters to take on.

And again, this is completely optional  >_>  :

https://i.imgur.com/WQcnEVt.png

You have the option of running away.  >_>

All in all it was great and I look forward to when you complete it.

I've played maybe 2 hours of the demo now and I think this is an improvement over the poor whore, which was already excellent.

I don't know what it is about the writing that makes it work so well. It's short and sweet, not too wordy or fancy yet manages to paint a picture excellently.

The poor whore had stats that were required to be of a certain value to access certain scenes and I sometimes found it difficult to access a lot of the content without "meta"-planning my play-through. Now it seems that the stats change scenes up rather than being a requirement for accessing them. This is good.

Judging by the first chapter, it seems this game is going to have significantly more content than the previous game. It also quicker to delve you into the extreme. Where you were giving handjobs to a shy youth in the poor whore, this game has you going into watersports with incestuous twins. Optional of course, but still: if you are going for an increasing escalation in the scenes throughout this game, it might be difficult to keep topping that.

I'd avoid using pictures under any circumstance.

i love the demo so far, i like the twist at the end with the letter it gives the game a cool mysterious feel to it like in poor whore with the succubus and the serial killer

looks like the reputation stats dont affect the game so far maybe cause its just the 1st act dunno

since its so bdsm focused i would like some spitting, face slapping, foot kissing maybe? :)

The poor whore had stats that were required to be of a certain value to access certain scenes and I sometimes found it difficult to access a lot of the content without "meta"-planning my play-through. Now it seems that the stats change scenes up rather than being a requirement for accessing them. This is good.

idk i rly liked that feature it gave the game more replayability and made each run unique since u had access to other scenes

Just some general questions to the people who played the beta, for balancing purposes:  Which side did you side with for the big choice, between the twins and Tabitha?  For stuff like this I'm hoping for a 50/50 split in the player base, and I'm always worried one decision is going to be super lopsided.  Also, any standout characters that you liked, or any that you really didn't like at all?  What about the cousins?  They're supposed to facilitate a dominant and submissive route, basically, so the idea is a player with either specific inclination would draw more towards that cousin.  Also feel free to suggest any fetish or scene ideas!  There's always room for more.

I played the demo and think I found all the current content so far. I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed whats there and look forward to the full release. The multiple choices for the character interactions were good and the characters are varied enough. All of the content was enjoyable and fun, I don't think I came across any bugs or other game breaking items, as for anything grammar or spelling related I'm rubbish at it and rarely notice it unless it blatantly obvious.

There are a few things I hope are added to the game:

Lactation, was one of my favorite parts in Poor Whore.

Additional outfits with varied consequences.

I hope you have additional/optional content like here maybe something with a larger creature for the more sturdy characters to take on.

And again, this is completely optional  >_>  :

https://i.imgur.com/WQcnEVt.png

You have the option of running away.  >_>

All in all it was great and I look forward to when you complete it.

Thank you for playing!  As for your suggestion, I definitely will include lactation, and it will work similarly as the Poor Whore.  As in, you'll have a chance to take a concoction and attain uncontrollable lactating, which will have an effect on all future scenes.  This time I won't cut it off to big boobs only.  I've been toying with the idea of the player having the ability to sneak this concoction into another character, stealthily giving them the lactation ability as well.  For instance, you could take Victoria down a notch if you wanted to by watching her struggle with her newfound larger, milk-leaking tits, confused at how it even happened.  But that'd require a lot of work on my part lol.

I don't know about more outfits though.  I already have like 4 or 5 or something.  Each one needs its own narration, they're not just stat changes this time!

And larger creature?  lol, are you suggesting horse fucking?

I know you don't do art but have you thought about using anime style pictures from Gelbooru or something as assets?

I don't think so.  This is almost more interactive erotic literature at its heart, really.  I think pictures would take away from the reader's internal imagination.

I've played maybe 2 hours of the demo now and I think this is an improvement over the poor whore, which was already excellent.

I don't know what it is about the writing that makes it work so well. It's short and sweet, not too wordy or fancy yet manages to paint a picture excellently.

Judging by the first chapter, it seems this game is going to have significantly more content than the previous game. It also quicker to delve you into the extreme. Where you were giving handjobs to a shy youth in the poor whore, this game has you going into watersports with incestuous twins. Optional of course, but still: if you are going for an increasing escalation in the scenes throughout this game, it might be difficult to keep topping that.

I'd avoid using pictures under any circumstance.

Thank you for playing and the kind words!  All in all, I suppose it will have more content, but not as much as you'd think.  I mean, there were 20 encounters in Poor Whore, it's just you could only do some of them on a single playthrough, whereas in this game you can more easily get all of them so a single playthrough feels a lot bigger.  As for the increasing escalation concern, my goal is to titillate via unusual circumstances, in addition to the whole debauchery thing.  So yeah, it'll escalate still, but scenes will be more about characters and power exchanges and things like that.  In other words it's less about crossing off a specific fetish from a list, and more about, for instance, sneaking a fuck in a confession booth with the pope while also working for a sincerely religious templar knight who wants to topple his rule and things get complicated.  Situational sex is what I like.

Amazing stuff so far! Your writing is very very good, so much so that the experience, at least for me, surpasses playing a fully CG'ed game with lesser writing. I'm really looking forward to more.

Thank you!

i love the demo so far, i like the twist at the end with the letter it gives the game a cool mysterious feel to it like in poor whore with the succubus and the serial killer

looks like the reputation stats dont affect the game so far maybe cause its just the 1st act dunno

since its so bdsm focused i would like some spitting, face slapping, foot kissing maybe? :)

idk i rly liked that feature it gave the game more replayability and made each run unique since u had access to other scenes

Thanks for playing.  The reputation stats will mostly have an effect for your ending, but also there are small ways they affect scenes through the game.  For instance, when you meet Gregor, if your dignity is higher he talks to you in a respectful manner, but if your sexuality is higher he's really rude to you and writes you off.  Things like that.

And I get what you're saying about the stats.  They're just two different kinds of games, I think.  Poor Whore was more like a sandbox where all content is open at once as long as you pump your stats up, and this game is more of a linear story where you make branching decisions.  I think this game will still offer plenty of replay ability though, at least two really different playthroughs.  As seen in the first act here, things can have drastically different outcomes.

So when do we get to try it?

Well, I did post a beta earlier in this topic, but as for the full game, not for a long while probably.  :3

I thought it was fantastic! Your writing is excellent.

You previously said that you were thinking about an option of having the character going anal or vaginal only throughout the game, have I just not found that? And also, will that affect the ending with reputation, etc?

I liked that you could choose any outfit in the closet immediately, depending on what kind of personality you wanted to go for. Will there be additional outfits and things to buy later in the game?

For the dominance and submissive stats, it seems you can raise both by following both cousin's story lines (and obviously one will be raised more than the other during the story mode). Is there a downside to raising both like this?

Ultimately I chose the twins, but that's mainly because I don't particularly go in for MILF characters, and the twins seemed younger.

Just some general questions to the people who played the beta, for balancing purposes:  Which side did you side with for the big choice, between the twins and Tabitha?  For stuff like this I'm hoping for a 50/50 split in the player base, and I'm always worried one decision is going to be super lopsided.  Also, any standout characters that you liked, or any that you really didn't like at all?  What about the cousins?  They're supposed to facilitate a dominant and submissive route, basically, so the idea is a player with either specific inclination would draw more towards that cousin.  Also feel free to suggest any fetish or scene ideas!  There's always room for more.

Really enjoyed the demo, the quality of your writing is still hitting those high notes. I initially went with the twins, because I enjoyed their attitude towards the PC despite their stature in the noble world, but I ended up sympathizing with Tabitha.  I like her and her fate with the reveal of the letters had me reload after the play through to see the other side.  Did not expect a dog gangbang to be the  twins downfall but that was fun.

I hope we get a chance to see either disgraced party in the future to see how they're surviving post ball. Either one could be so low and desperate after that point that the PC might be able to use them later. Maybe an interested party that wants to watch twins fuck, or someone who lusted after Tabitha for years despite her refusals, and now wants to fuck her or watch her be fucked by whoever or whatever. 

Lucy's hypnosis was fun, and no complaints if we see her in the future during the peasant chapter. Either in the taverns or catching her in some stables. The cooks could show up in that chapter too and affect how things play out depending on previous interactions.

One person I'd really like to see again and think could work story wise would be Count Reginald. I was thinking the PC sides with the peasants , and they ask her to gather  information about Reginald and his business associates. Since it's been established they're free talking even when she's blowing them, she could agree to go on a trip with them, or maybe just attend a private party, where she's their fucktoy for however long it lasts, and along the way she learns a lot of their plans.

A problem moment I had with the cousins is after picking the dress for the ball and having their separate conversations. I'd like to have the option to agree with Isabella that being a submissive slut is great, or have the option to be dominant over others with Victoria. I know that's just more work and you're clearly separating the two, but I wanted the PC to agree with Isabella and go skip off to the ball to be submissive sluts together. Overall though I like both cousins and see their appeal. 

As far as scene requests go, I always like to see a situation start one way then get out of hand. Maybe the PC starts an encounter with the female(I think) leader of the peasants and it leads to the leader inviting her men to join in. I do agree with you that context and the situation add a lot to sex scenes, and I've already sprinkled a few of those in this post. 

A problem moment I had with the cousins is after picking the dress for the ball and having their separate conversations. I'd like to have the option to agree with Isabella that being a submissive slut is great, or have the option to be dominant over others with Victoria. I know that just more work and you're clearly separating the two, but I wanted the PC to agree with Isabella and go skip off to the ball to be submissive sluts together. Overall though I like both cousins and see their appeal. 

Yes, I completely agree with this, but couldn't put it into words. I like the PC being submissive, and because of that, I like Isabella's story line. However playing with Isabella makes the PC more dominant. I realise it might be more work, but I think it would be worth it to have the option to dominate Isabella, or to agree with her, and to revel in how great it is to be a submissive slut, raising your submissiveness more. Likewise, I think that you should be able to be submissive to Victoria, or to revel in a mutual love of dominance with her, "one dom to another".

Personally I preferred siding with the twins, story wise. But enjoyed the additional Tabitha end content the most.

I think it would be cool to have an additional option with the twins to try and dominate Lucretia (female twin) with her brothers help. One issue I can see people would take for not wanting to side with Tabitha is lack of interaction with her before the big choice, some optional filler content/story could help solve this. 

So far no character stands out over the other except for the twins, just due to them having more content and building the most rapport with the player.

While probably problematic it would be cool to convert one of the cousins from their set role such as turn the slut into a dom or dom into a slut. While getting the other cousin to help train them.

I'm not entirely sure on what the time frame of the game is supposed to be but pregnancy would be a very nice addition, either planned in an attempt to climb ranks or blackmail or accidental/unwanted in being blackmailed and shamed.

One aspect of your games I enjoy is how body type is reflected in the dialogue. Another thing that would be nice to see reflected is if a character starts tight but has lots of sex/large insertions it starts to loosen them, seeing that reflected as the game goes on would be nice.

And the last scene suggestion would be the "guess the whore" type scene from Poor Whore.

Thank you for playing!  As for your suggestion, I definitely will include lactation, and it will work similarly as the Poor Whore.  As in, you'll have a chance to take a concoction and attain uncontrollable lactating, which will have an effect on all future scenes.  This time I won't cut it off to big boobs only.  I've been toying with the idea of the player having the ability to sneak this concoction into another character, stealthily giving them the lactation ability as well.  For instance, you could take Victoria down a notch if you wanted to by watching her struggle with her newfound larger, milk-leaking tits, confused at how it even happened.  But that'd require a lot of work on my part lol.

This is fantastic and am glad to hear it, I'd suggest making it available as early as possible. But that could just be my own bias showing.

And larger creature?  lol, are you suggesting horse fucking?

You hit the nail on the head. :)

I know you don't do art but have you thought about using anime style pictures from Gelbooru or something as assets?

I don't think so.  This is almost more interactive erotic literature at its heart, really.  I think pictures would take away from the reader's internal imagination.

Thank you, I really dislike when a mish-mash of art from other things is used. I think it detracts from the story, descriptions and game as a whole. Now if it were a dedicated artist CG or Pixel I'd be of a different mind set. But in this case stick to what you've been doing. Sans-Art is working great for you.

Once again awesome game keep up the awesome work.

I played the demo and enjoyed it very much. It was a bit short though. It's basically only 3 locations: the home, the tavern and the ball. It's ok for a demo, but I hope the other two chapter have a bit more content to them.

A few pictures might be nice. Showing instead of telling, you know? However, I imagine good and fitting pictures are difficult to come by and the writing is good and makes up for a lot.

I'd also like more "equipment" options. Especially since there are no pictures anyway, so there's no need to show them. Right now, it comes down to 4 dresses. I could imagine some more accessories. For instance, if you're dominant, you could wear some thigh-high black leather boots under your dress. Normally, they're not seen under the long gown, but when you undress or lift your skirt, you can show them when it suits you (and get them licked, of course ;)). You could also go for long leather gloves (you can slap harder and don't have to touch naughty parts with your precious skin). And if you're on the submissive side, maybe you hide a harness or a shibari rope under your dress. Or perhaps a dog collar or something like that. Could lead to interesting situations either way.

But other than that, it's a cool game. The characters seem well-defined and unique, the story makes sense, and there's enough room for you to play your character how you see fit. And of course there's nice BDSM stuff.

You have my permission to continue! :D

• 2 weeks later...
(Alight, soooooo...apparently when I posted recently, it was right in the middle of a site upgrade or something, and I posted on the "old" site, along with another person I believe.  So I'm going to just copy and paste what I posted here.)

Spanky1, on 13 Nov 2017 - 11:14 PM, said:

Thank you everyone for trying out the demo!  It's good to hear some positive feedback for encouragement.  tongue.png

It seems like a recurring issue that different people are bringing up is one that I've thought about while making the game as well: using different methods to bond with the cousins.  Being dom alongside Victoria, or rolling in the filth alongside Isabella. I thought about including that kind of stuff while making the game so far, but it's just kinda hard to do.  It'd require basically double the scenes written out, one for each possibility.  As the game goes closer to the end I may include some options where you can join in with them I suppose, but you're still going to relatively be the opposite position of what they are, sub to Victoria, dom to Isabella.

Just out of curiosity, I'm wondering if anyone figured out where Isabella disappeared to during the ball.  :3

I've actually picked the game back up, I've been working on it some.  Act 2 will consist of three nights, but there is no open sandbox area like the first two nights.  I'm done with the first night, where you meet with the peasant leader and pick a side.

Some other stuff I've completed, it's mostly stuff around the mansion between the main parts of the game (minor spoilers of scene ideas here):

1.  You can grope and molest a sleeping, hung over Isabella (she's a heavy sleeper)

2.  You can walk in on a naked Victoria when she's about to take a bath.

3.  You can walk in on a masturbating Isabella, and choose to watch secretly or catch her in the act.

4.  Neely has apparently set up a shop inside of her room, where she can sell you an item.

5.  The Mathew storyline splits. You can basically rape him and ruin him if you want, or treat him nicely and encourage him.

TsagaanMangas, on 13 Nov 2017 - 01:42 AM, said:

Great job! Really enjoyed the game. The scenario of a woman, especially a high ranking woman, being corrupted is one of my faves. I sided with the twins, because lady being dominated is my favorite, and the twins do a great job of that. I tried both, and I loved the result of the twins losing, but I gotta choose the twins. I do hope we get to see Tabitha after she is humiliated and shaved in the stocks... again a favorite scenario of mine.

I do wish we had a bit more than a day before the party. I love all the options for different sex content at the party, and the scene of joining the slave on the ground is a lot of fun, but I have a hard time choosing it because it seems a bit much of a jump  for her to go for after only one day. But I think it is probably me just being too much into roleplaying haha. Maybe just a little bit more buildup or context?It would be cool to hear that some business folks look down on nobles who are too uptight and won't trust people who aren't into gangbangs. We know that some prefer uptight people. At least in my mind being dominated by the twins is one thing, but being gangbanged on the ground would lead to too much disgust by the other nobles. Maybe the ones in the gangbang would look more favorably on you, and help your status in some way? Or I can just stop overthinking haha. 

Personally I would appreciate if there was some indication that acting submissive might have some positive implications. Right now it seems that being dominant and dignity which goes hand in hand has the most positive impact when it comes to establishing yourself among the nobility. Sexuality is positive to some, but it is related to both sub and dom. You can go sub with the twins to help you, but when it comes to the rest of society, it seems like only a negative thing to be a sub. It would be great if there was some indication that being a sub would get you appreciation, if not respect, among some members of the nobility and dom with some others, in contrast to right now which I get the impression that being a sub is only negative when it comes to public opinion. I like the idea that anal is looked down on which is connected to being a sub, but maybe the rest can be seen as some as positive. To make it seem like both are legit ways to behave if you want to fit in or prosper. 

I do really love the scene of the twins forcing you overlooking the balcony. A lot of fun. Also love interacting with the two cousins, the two options of sub and domme. Especially love the uptight domme one, hope we get to do more subbing with her. But I would like it if we could agree with the cousins point of view and them liking us, rather than them just responding if we are the opposite of them, if that makes sense.

I also loved the scene of hypnotizing poor Lucy... I felt bad about having her give all of her dark secrets, especially re the revelation that bestiality (or just dogs?) is ruinous, I don't want to completely destroy her life, haha. 

I can't wait for more, but the idea of only two more chapters bums me out! I hope we get more time with all of the characters. Or the chapters are a lot longer, I hope we get a chance to do a lot more trying to navigate the intricacies of the politics. 

Keep up the great work, can't wait for more! 

edit: Oh one tiny thing, would it be at all possible to show the character portraits when they are talking? Not sure if possible but I think it would be great to see them other than just in the diary.

Yeah, I actually felt like I was pushing it too quickly with the sudden antics at the ball, lol.  But the way I figure is, hey, it's the player who's making these decisions.  It's not my fault they choose to get on the floor with a fuck slave.  You can stay perfectly chaste if you feel like things are moving too quickly.  :3

About the whole submissive thing, I kind of have my own viewpoint on that matter. The way I see it, I actually want and like that element of disrespect that comes when the player makes a submissive decision.  I like the scandalous element to it.  Being naked in public, after all, is only thrilling if it's considered scandalous.  I want that certain masochistic player to want to be sub so bad, that they do it even though characters may look down on you.  So basically, the lack of respect is part of the masochism on that path.  If you want respect, act like you're in charge.  If you drop to your knees and take it in the ass all over the place, a lot of people won't respect you.

Oh and I tried the character portraits in a previous vanilla RPG, and it really didn't work out well.  It's a tone more effort because you have to do it every time, and also it removes space for text, so that got annoying.

19 hours ago, Spanky1 said:

Just out of curiosity, I'm wondering if anyone figured out where Isabella disappeared to during the ball.  :3

Ok, I'll bite.

I didn't see her anywhere during the ball, and I tried to explore everything. She wasn't in the main hall, she wasn't in the upper left room where Alistair is and the upper right door is scripted, nothing to explore there. I couldn't really get into the kitchen (there seems to be another exit but it was unreachable due to Kali). And the dining room was blocked by a guard.

Therefore, by process of elimination, I conclude that she must have been the hooded slave in the corner. The one that happened to be introduced to the party just shortly after Isabella arrived at the ball and disappeared.

On 11/3/2017 at 5:01 AM, Spanky1 said:

I liked TPW but I played this today and I think I might like this even more already! I sided with Tabitha (I'm very glad there was an option to skip the scene though!) and I really liked both Victoria and Isabella. I just hope we don't have to choose between them! But my very favorite character was Zoe and I was sad there weren't more scenes involving her. She didn't have any interactions at the manor either because talking to her advanced to the next scene. I hope we get to do more with her in later versions of the game.

I'm looking forward to the next version!