"You can't surrender to this enemy" -- what am I doing wrong?

Googling has led me to understand this has been repeatedly referenced, but I must be as dense as a brick of gold because I have not found a solution for this yet.

I've got Defeat, the Sexlab Creature Framework, Sexlab Matchmaker, the Sexlab Animation Loader, HornyCreaturesOfSkyrim SLAL pack, HornyDragonsOfSkyrim, Nude Creatures. More Nasty Critters 9 (still looking for 10, because the only link I see to it leads me to 9) and the ZaZ animations pack. All are up to date. I understand one needs More Nasty Critters but I have seen multiple conflicting reports about how that mod is a problem, then others go no it's not a problem, so I do not know who to believe.

I'm getting a constant "you can't surrender to this enemy" on almost anything I try to surrender to. Creature animations have been enabled. Sexlab animations have been registered. These are the only mods I have installed at the moment. FNIS has been run multiple times and Load order has been checked multiple times, both to no avail.

Am I missing something? The first time I installed all of this, I had no trouble with bears. And -only- bears. Nothing else would let me submit. Now nothing lets me submit. What am I missing or doing wrong? I've been wrestling with this for the last 36 hours, so any help would be welcome.

Googling has led me to understand this has been repeatedly referenced, but I must be as dense as a brick of gold because I have not found a solution for this yet.

I've got Defeat, the Sexlab Creature Framework, Sexlab Matchmaker, the Sexlab Animation Loader, HornyCreaturesOfSkyrim SLAL pack, HornyDragonsOfSkyrim, Nude Creatures. More Nasty Critters 9 (still looking for 10, because the only link I see to it leads me to 9) and the ZaZ animations pack. All are up to date. I understand one needs More Nasty Critters but I have seen multiple conflicting reports about how that mod is a problem, then others go no it's not a problem, so I do not know who to believe.

I'm getting a constant "you can't surrender to this enemy" on almost anything I try to surrender to. Creature animations have been enabled. Sexlab animations have been registered. These are the only mods I have installed at the moment. FNIS has been run multiple times and Load order has been checked multiple times, both to no avail.

Am I missing something? The first time I installed all of this, I had no trouble with bears. And -only- bears. Nothing else would let me submit. Now nothing lets me submit. What am I missing or doing wrong? I've been wrestling with this for the last 36 hours, so any help would be welcome.

1) In the Defeat General Settings, click the Reconfigure option (right column, middle-ish).  Sometimes is Defeat is configured before Sexlab Creatures is enabled it can lead to issues.  Since it already works with bears I'm guessing this Isn't the issue, but something you can try.

2) Under Player as victim tab, then assault by creature section (right column, near the bottom) you should see a "List of enabled races     CLICK" click that.  If there is something in that list, it's not an enable race (wolf/dog/draugr/etc).  Click that to enable every race you want.  

• 8 months later...
On 6/11/2017 at 3:42 PM, HervisJasper said:

You can try resetting the Defeat mod - there is an option for that on the main MCM window.  I believe that may reset the list of creature races you can surrender to.

However, I'm speaking as someone who is using the latest MNC SLAL Edition, so I have no clue if you have some issue due to using the older version of MNC with things like Horny Creatures/Horny Dragons.  Especially since both of those mods are authored by the same person who develops the newer version of More Nasty Critters.

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
On 6/13/2017 at 2:31 AM, zzyyxx said:

1) In the Defeat General Settings, click the Reconfigure option (right column, middle-ish).  Sometimes is Defeat is configured before Sexlab Creatures is enabled it can lead to issues.  Since it already works with bears I'm guessing this Isn't the issue, but something you can try.

2) Under Player as victim tab, then assault by creature section (right column, near the bottom) you should see a "List of enabled races     CLICK" click that.  If there is something in that list, it's not an enable race (wolf/dog/draugr/etc).  Click that to enable every race you want.  

Omg HUGE time saver thanks!

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 6/13/2017 at 3:31 AM, zzyyxx said:

I followed these instructions to the letter (thanks a lot, anyway), but still couldn't make it work. What did the trick, in my case, was to turn on one more additional setting in Defeat MCM, which is disabled by default:

Spoiler

ScreenShot247.png.bb14a6cd8624f74fd14a88398c527c0d.png

Edited by Incubusbul
  • 2 months later...
On 6/12/2017 at 5:31 PM, zzyyxx said:

Hey!

Thanks. fixed it right up.

• 8 months later...

If anyone is still struggling, you're going to want to instsll SL Animation Loader (and of course an animation pack that adds animations if you haven't already, especially if you are looking for creature action). Once you open it in the MCM you want to click enable and then register. It may take a while depending on how many animations you have - or a case of having to occasionally exitting the MCM, go back and starting the register process again (not sure what the case was for me as to why it took so long but I assume the process was prematurely stopping and requiring me to register more than once). Assuming you had animations available and they fit the forced tags set in Defeat's MCM everything should be working fine - if it doesn't work the creature doesn't have any animations available and you either have to download more or adjust your tags or creature gender settings in Defeat's MCM.

On 10/15/2023 at 7:24 PM, Nghani said:

If anyone is still struggling, you're going to want to instsll SL Animation Loader (and of course an animation pack that adds animations if you haven't already, especially if you are looking for creature action). Once you open it in the MCM you want to click enable and then register. It may take a while depending on how many animations you have - or a case of having to occasionally exitting the MCM, go back and starting the register process again (not sure what the case was for me as to why it took so long but I assume the process was prematurely stopping and requiring me to register more than once). Assuming you had animations available and they fit the forced tags set in Defeat's MCM everything should be working fine - if it doesn't work the creature doesn't have any animations available and you either have to download more or adjust your tags or creature gender settings in Defeat's MCM.

Ive followed all these steps but nothing worked, whenever I hit the surrender button in combat with anything other than a human it just says "you cant surrender to this enemy"

The mods im using for creature animations are Horny Creatures of Skyrim and More Nasty Critters, both the most recent patch on special edition

• 4 months later...