[mod] [Stellaris] Kagami Species

On 2/18/2018 at 3:02 PM, Synthesis said:

Minor update (to remove incompatibility message with 1.9.1), and a few portraits added. No real fixes, unfortunately, though I expected the release of Apocalypse is going to break everything anyway. Also I included a note in the readme concerning graphics quality settings--anyone who runs into the 'small portraits' bug, check under graphics quality and change it from low to medium or high, if possible, that seems to solve the issue (I was finally able to replicate it on my end, and it would explain why the problem is most common with people with lower-end setups). 

If anyone out there finds off-center portraits (that are the correct size, and not glitched to be small), please let me know and I'll be sure to correct them for the next release. 

in 2.01 every portrait seems to be off center at least to me.

On 2/27/2018 at 3:53 PM, Modalsauce said:

in 2.01 every portrait seems to be off center at least to me.

Can you post a screenshot? In the meantime I'll check it out, I need to put out the update eventually. 

EDIT: Also, is anyone getting a pink rectangle on the right hand panel by shipyards? It's happening to all species for me--I'm sure it's a mod, I'm just not sure which one. Probably GUI related. 

On 2/27/2018 at 5:39 PM, Modalsauce said:

nvm i checked more and its a compatibility issue with the stupid sexy xeno portrait mod

That's good. I'm going to put out an update soon (since almost everything seems to work) just to even out the transition, once I figure out what the hell is causing the pink rectangle in my games. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ovisiado said:

I downloaded the last version of your mod, but the game said version 1.9.1, not 2.0.1

Hmm....I thought I replaced the file for that change. I'll check again. 

I re-uploaded the file. Hopefully that resolves the issue, thanks for letting me know. 

On 3/26/2018 at 4:38 AM, LeonGTR said:

Is 1.10 the latest version of this mod? says it supports 1.9.1 and not 2.0.1.

Okay, something's wrong with the website. I've uploaded an updated zip twice and it's not accepting it for whatever reason.

The mod should still work the same, the version numbering aside, but I don't know what's wrong. Maybe it'll be fixed when I upload 1.11 for 2.0.2. 

On 4/3/2018 at 12:43 AM, fredinator said:

Just downloaded 1.10 and it still says 1.9.1 for me

also for some reason my 7zip can't unpack sasthi5.dds

Well, that's a second problem. If you try again it shouldn't come up. 

But I guess I can delete every other version of the mod and try that. 

6 hours ago, Synthesis said:

Well, that's a second problem. If you try again it shouldn't come up. 

But I guess I can delete every other version of the mod and try that. 

Oh well doesn't matter windows onboard zip tool was able to unpack everything and as for that version thing I edited the file manually

6 hours ago, Gubgrub said:

Been a while since I posted. Works been getting in the way. No I don't have the Utopia DLC and if that's a requirement I suppose that makes sense then.

The Utopia DLC should not be a requirement, just the patch that implements the gameplay changes. Same with Apocalypse. 

(It's entirely possible that I explained that poorly.)

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently Paradox really fucked up with 2.0.3, but 2.0.4 is coming out now--so I'm probably going to release a very minor update for 2.0.4 (with some repositioned portraits and other minor things). Though the mod still works fine I would imagine. 

OK, NOW 2.0.4 is out, I'll need to update the mod accordingly. Anyway, has anyone been encountering namelist bugs? I'm noticing that that some female leaders end up with male names. I wonder if that has to do with the gender policy mechanic...

• 1 month later...
On 6/3/2018 at 10:27 AM, podao151 said:

Is this compatible with the Niven update?

It should be. I only just got Stellaris working again with 2.1, but everything seemed to work with the Kagami species and pre-made states. I will release a 2.1 update (maybe with some addition portraits, otherwise I'm just changing a number in a text file).

Still can't figure out the name glitch though. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2018 at 11:52 AM, simseven said:

is there a way I could make the race all female? do I ust delete paths to male portraits in the notepad file?

If you delete the entire section of male portrait lists in 07_kagami_portraits, I think it'll do it...or you'll have a lot of blank portraits for any male leaders who are missing their portraits. You can also toggle male leaders off (that should work) under policies. 

Long time lurker decloaking, first too say thank you for the amazing work you guys do, and secondly to report a issue with this mod.

On 2/27/2018 at 11:39 PM, Modalsauce said:

nvm i checked more and its a compatibility issue with the stupid sexy xeno portrait mod

It is actually a compatibility issue with almost all static portrait mods. The kagami mod is repositioning the static species icon. If another portrait mod is using the default placement, only one mod can win. If the kagami mod wins, the other static species is pushed off center to the right, if the other mod wins the kagami species is pushed off center to the left.

May i suggest adding the padding directly to the images, instead of changing the position in the script, to get a better compatibility with other mods? Or at least put a warning of compatibility problems into the readme.